Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:18 AM   #1  

Talking Let's get this forum rolling again!!!!!

Hello, I am a 45 year old teacher who has just recently finally admitted to being an overeating binger. I am compulsive. While there isn't an Overeaters Anon meeting near me, I am working through as much of their literature as I can find and trying to abstain from stuff that triggers me and also keep to a food plan and away from negative thoughts.

I know that when I used to come here and lurk around there were several active posters and I was hoping we could get this going again. There are an awful lot of us out there whether we want to admit that we have a food addiction or not. It is tough to admit.

I had two defining moments that drove me to this. My 36 year old sister had a stroke this summer and I ate in response to something that should have driven me to the diet section as the bookstore. Also I found myself up in the middle of the night a few months ago eating junk I don't even like out of the refrigerator with no concious memory of how I got there.

I am far from perfect, but I am trying. I hope there are others out there from those just starting to those in a long length of recovery who are willing to help!!!

Elaine

297/269/199 first goal
Old 11-13-2001, 08:11 AM   #2  

I would like to get this forum going again too. I have just recently started OA although I have been coming to this site for a long time. I am using a low cal plan, writing down everything that I eat, working out etc.

asta
327/235/177(initial goal)
Old 11-20-2001, 11:29 AM   #3  

Red face over eaters anonymous

I am new here also and there is no OEA in our area. However I do know that I have a major problem with food, especially in my leisure time. I just plain like to eat and do it too much. Any advice and support would be most welcome.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #4  

Dear Friends,

I too am COE. I find myself continually in the food even though I have promised myself that I will stay clean. I just can't seem to help myself.
I can't get to an OA Meeting either so I work Online. I do have a Food Journal and write everything down, well most of it, at least. That's being honest, isn't it. That's a Step in the right direction at least. Keep on Keeping on.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #5  
One day at a time

i am fairly new to oa and only go to online meetings, which helps me alot. Gives me the support i need with out have to talk face to face (which i am extremely bad at)
Closed Thread