Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #1  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

Default my first meeting

i went today to my first over eaters anonymous meeting finally finally. now i plan on making the meeting apriority. i must be honest i was scared to go. i felt if i didn't like it there was no other hope for me. i have been losing which has never been hard for me but keeping it off and changing my behavior is another. after going to the meeting i feel like this is really going to work for me.

i just reralised i posted this in the wrong forum. sorry ladies.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I moved it for you, Jacey

Congratulations on attending your first meeting!! I wish you nothing but the best.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Awesome. It is scary to go to that first meeting. But, you've done it, and now you have one less thing to be fearful about.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #4  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

how many different meeting sites did you go to? the leader said we should go to 6 different ones. only three meeting times match our availablity so thats how many we will go to.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

I've always thought that the wording of that "attend six different meetings" was wierd. Does it mean come to this meeting 6 times or find 6 different locations? We only have 2 meetings here, and 1 meeting in the next town. Perhaps that wording comes from a larger city like Los Angeles where they have A LOT of different meetings.

My belief is that the idea is for you to attend meetings for several weeks (no matter where) to determine if the program is for you.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote