Old 07-15-2016, 03:23 AM   #226  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Jacqui D, Wannabehealthy, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that I'm able to resist temptation but I'm beginning to wonder if The Harcombe Diet is for me - I'm really not losing weight on it. Oy.

Jacqui D, I hope the injection makes your Baby cat more comfortable, and that the tests are all good
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Roninante, I have heard people making similar comments about so many different diet plans. You start out losing, then it slows, and the weight loss stops. I know that every time you lose you have to lower your calorie intake as a smaller body burns fewer calories, just being alive. That's the killer part of weight loss, once you lose the weight, you get punished by having to eat less the rest of your life. Maybe we need to switch around a bit to keep our bodies from getting used to what we're doing, like they often suggest with exercise. I have heard some people say they up their calories a bit to get their bodies losing again. It sound like just the opposite would be true, but they say it works. Look at Jacqui. She has the one big cheat day each week, and when she is sticking to her plan the other six days, her loss continues faithfully. It seems to be the same with 5:2 and also JUDDD, where they alternate high and low calorie days.

Mind you, I am telling you things I hear other people discuss, as I don't seem to lose more than a few lbs no matter what I do. I am a poor example.

Jacqui, hope kitty does better with the new meds.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Rosinante and Carol Sue. My cat seems like she feels better, but I thought that before. I really hope she does. I am just praying for good news on the test results.

Hiya PrairieQueen and Rennie!

I am doing well to this point on my diet plan today. I had eggs, bacon, yogurt, and Mio water for breakfast, and for lunch we went to a local pizza place with friends and I had a salad and water. So far so good!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-15-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:30 PM   #229  

So Baby's test results came back and they indicated a very bad bladder infection, as we already knew, but something was off too so they are doing additional tests and I should hear back from them on Monday. I ended up having a large hamburger and baked beans for dinner but I had the burger in a bun. I just can't seem to resist the temptation right now.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-15-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #230  

Today would normally be my Carb Day so I don't know if I will even try to attempt to stay away from carbs today. I hoping then tomorrow I will be ready to start anew!

Have a great day and great weekend, all!
Old 07-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #231  

Jacqui, it can be hard to get back on track after falling off. You are off to a good start, in spite of your carby dinner. You ate similar to CALP, having your carbs and one meal a day. I know that's not your plan, but it works the same way. Don't get discouraged about it. Just do the best you can with each meal and soon you will be back to Slow Carb the way it should be done. I think I wrote the book on "falling off the wagon." LOL

Hope Kitty is OK. Can't imagine what else they might find. We took Rusty to the vet for a rabies shot and they weighed him. When we got him, he weight 11.8, almost 12 lbs. Now he weighs 16 lbs. LOL Like mommy like doggy. LOL 4 lbs is a lot for a small dog to gain, but in all honesty, he was way too thin when we got him. His ribs were showing and his spine looked deformed. I think he has filled out nicely, but better not be gaining any more. DH feeds him too much junk food.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Afternoon all! Sending good vibes for good test results Jacqui and Rosinante

Jacqui I can't seem to stay away from the carbs either! That, along with the salt and sore muscles, has made me feel kind of blah lately. I replenished my vitamins/supplements this week after not taking them for several months (I'd been taking them over a year). My hair seems to be thinner the past couple of months as well. Hubs thinks I'm nuts, stylist thinks it's resting, I think it's because of lack of vitamins. I don't always eat a well-balanced diet, as well as trying to have a calorie deficit. Time will tell.

Yesterday,
Break - shredded beef enchilada
Lunch - homemade baguette (2"), Irish butter, 2 prosciutto paninos
Dinner - salami/ham/cheese pizza
Evening out - 3 glasses moscato
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #233  

Thanks PrairieQueen! Oh, I am so sluggish without my vitamins. If I miss a day, I can feel it. I think it's a great idea for you to get back on them. My bet is on you noticing a difference in the thickness of your hair once you get them back into your system! I always feel better without the excess carbs too, but I'm just not having any luck on that front yet. I just don't have the mental willpower yet! Hopefully soon!
Old 07-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #234  

Evening! We're back from seeing a community theater performance of "Cabaret" at the local college. It wasn't their best performance, but it was still quite good. Hubs and I are having a night cap in our "fancy" going out attire. And I am going to NYC for four days next week with my daughter for a girls' getaway. I was pretty good yesterday and today, so I'm doing an official weigh-in tomorrow.....fingers crossed.

Break - leftover slice of pizza
Snack - strawberries
Lunch - 2 prosciutto paninos, cup of veggie soup
Snack - bowl of skinny popcorn
Dinner - 2 skinless chicken legs, roasted potatoes, salad
Nightcap - bourbon/bitter lemon
Old 07-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #235  

I don't believe in taking vitamins, really. I believe in getting them from food (vegetables and fruit) as they also provide fiber and other nutrients, such as antioxidants and phytoneutrients. The vegetables fill you up with very few calories. This is what I learned from reading Dr Joel Fuhrman, although it hasn't done anything for my weight. I don't notice any difference with or without them, with one exception. When I heard that kale is such a powerhouse, I started eating it several times a week, with mushrooms, onions, and garlic. After a while I noticed that my nails started growing faster and stronger. I have never had nice nails. Always weak and splitting. I noticed the toenails first. I had to keep cutting them. Then I started to notice that the pain in my hip went away. I used to get terrible pain if I tried to lay on my right side. After starting eating the kale concoction it went away. If I let up on the kale, it comes back. Go back to the kale, it goes away. It can't be my imagination, although many people have told me it must be. I have always had extremely thick hair, and always wished that it would thin out a bit so I don't notice any effect on my hair. Maybe the nutrients go to where you need them the most. Me with the nail, and PQ with the hair.

Having said all that, if taking vitamins is doing something for you, then continue taking them! Other than too many fat soluable ones, they can't hurt you.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #236  

Carol Sue, I absolutely believe the kale is having a positive effect on you. I started taking vitamins when I was deficient in vitamin D and had to supplement and also when I was looking for help with constipation and decided to try probiotics. Those two things led me to the GNC store. At first I was on prescription vitamin D but when it transitioned to over-the-counter vitamin D, I decided to go with a vitamin pack instead of choosing vitamin D alone. Like you with kale, I notice the difference when I miss taking them!

PrairieQjueen, good luck on the weigh-in!
Old 07-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #237  

Tomorrow's another day, lol!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:59 PM   #238  

Default I am new here

Hi 🙋 I am saba 52 years old want to lose weight and to get fit
ssaabaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #239  

Morning all! Welcome ssaabaa! It's a rainy Monday here and the scale still Hasnt moved! My body seems to love the high 130s/140 no matter how much gardening and calorie counting. . . Maybe I need to get the hula hoop out! I did take some ibuprofen last night for muscle soreness. I'm taking it easy today....just light housework and tidying up (if I can get away from HGTV).

Yesterday....
Break - ham, leftover roasted potatoes
Snack - strawberries
Lunch - ham/cheese sandwich
Snack - grapes
Dinner - skirt steak, salad, fried green tomatoes

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 07-18-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #240  

Saba! This is a great place to be for weight loss! Good luck!

PrairieQueen, I'm sure your sore muscles and even taking ibuprofen has something to do with your scale not budging. Hang in there! :

Hi Carol Sue, Rennie, and Rosinante! I hope you're all doing well!

As for me, I'm trying not to overeat but I'm not sticking to slow carb right now. Just not ready to get going again I guess! I'm also not ready to get on the scale yet!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-18-2016 at 09:57 AM.