Old 02-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #91  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I do kinda have to make myself eat the green salad. But, the dressing is a way of getting more fat. Tracking my food, I am still getting more protein than fat and I'm trying to fix that.
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

I just eat 2 times a day. fits me. I count nothing. protein, fat, no counting calories. nada

I eat as much protein as I need and throw on as much fat as I want.

I was overeating protein a ton when I started. then as time went by (almost a year on ZC eating) I just naturally cut back. I didn't want as much. I guess the body has found its more normal eating regimen I guess cause I am just not as hungry at all. I am never 'really hungry'....I get that 'empy tank' feeling and have to re-fuel.

I am changing my eating patterns in ways I never thought I could
ZCA72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

10 oz ribeye with butter

3 very thin pork chops, cajun seasoning

done for the day---just not hungry

in my wildest dreams 'just not hungry' are words I never spoke, now I say it all the time LOL
ZCA72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:02 AM   #94  
300+ Chick

Hello .

Am starting this today, and will chime in here daily if anyone doing or keeping 0 carbs going. I had ENUFF on binging on junk. I am in it this for the long haul!!! Want to loose 50 Lbs end of this year...or more ,if am lucky enough.

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #95  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi folks,

I'm resurrecting this thread, because I'm gonna be doing this for about 3 months. Hope to have some visitors and joiners!

My only carbs will be 1 and a half carbs from my 3 brazil nuts I'm taking for thyroid health as per doctor. So I call it a med.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #96  
Started 4th of July

Doing ok and sticking with the zero.

On the Menu:

tuna chicken egg salad. with just mayo, and perhaps a little shimp and a meatball.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post
Hi folks,

I'm resurrecting this thread, because I'm gonna be doing this for about 3 months. Hope to have some visitors and joiners!

My only carbs will be 1 and a half carbs from my 3 brazil nuts I'm taking for thyroid health as per doctor. So I call it a med.
Hi FinallyFree, visiting, but hoping to be a joiner... I've been doing ZC for a couple of weeks & think I'm getting the hang of it... mostly I've been eating hamburgers without the bun, bacon, eggs, & turkey or chicken... I downloaded a ZC cookbook to my Kindle & got some new ideas, so I'll be trying a few of them this weekend...

Just a little about me, I'm a 67-year-old woman & I live in Texas... looking forward to learning more about this amazing way of eating & hoping it'll get me from my current 200 lbs. down to 140 by my birthday next April...

Do you exercise?.. I used to, but I'm afraid I've let it slide lately... thinking of taking it up again, I know I'd feel better if I were a bit more active...

Macghie Fleming...
Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:09 AM   #98  
Started 4th of July

Hello Fleming,

Nice to meet you. I'm also going to ease in some exercise. With changes like this radical enough without stressing the body and mind with too much change. But I ended up doing the intermittent fasting with this and am feeling GREAT! No kidding.

Just ease in, and make it fit you. I'm going to try and be very hard core on this (except a few days during vacation) until the end of November. I've been bouncing between 170 and 194 for year's but just today saw 169 on the scale,,,,,,,,Yeeeee,,,,, A Landmark....

Hope you join me. I don't plan to eat this way forever, but I'm feeling good right now and it's working for me.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:31 AM   #99  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Default REVIVING this THREAD!!

Hi there anyone who's interested in jumping on the band-wagon for ZERO CARB!!??

I'm going to give it a two-week run

My goal is to feel LESS PAIN! I read one person said their feet stopped hurting when they got out of bed - and that hooked me!

My plan for the day is:

B: 2 eggs w/dried chives / coffee with dry creamer
L: chicken breast
D: steak

Yes, I know and read somewhere that you're not to have coffee and that eggs have carbs --- also the dry creamer isn't probably a good thing -- it's what I have. I could eat the lemon curd and olives and beautiful yellow pepper I have in the frig -- so, this is a start!

ENJOY your day
BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #100  

Default Day 1 completed -- 13 more to the experiment

Hi

So, how did day 1 go - you might ask?? Not bad--

For breakfast I had 2 eggs / coffee / and powdered creamer (yes, I am aware that eggs have .5 carbs and they suggest no coffee, and I'm sure powdered creamer is taboo -- but, it's a beginning).

Lunch was the breast portion - about 6 oz - of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I'd intended to cook up the bones and remaining meat in water for broth -- but I was in a hurry and left it sit out -- so, it was tossed.

Dinner (or Supper) was a 5 oz steak and 5 pieces of bacon - I also had about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.

I had a hunk of white extra sharp cheddar cheese for a snack.

I drank only water (other than the coffee as mentioned).

I wasn't hungry -- had a little nigglin' at about 9ish -- but nothing much.

Here are the stats so far -

7/23 WI 258.8 start date
7/24 WI 256.6 -2.2
Calories: 1148
Fat: 80.6g 63.1%
Protein: 102.2g 35.5%
Carb: 4g 1.4%

That's good as my plan is to stay in the range of 60% Fat / 40% Protein

On to DAY 2!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #101  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

To me it is So Hard to stay totally on zero carb/keto, since I just love fruit! I absent minded added a banana into my morning shake, and already gone over the carb limit... boo.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #102  

Hi Nancy, nice to meet you. I like your kitty... and yes, I agree Indiana is the crossroads of America it is for me at least ... I'm in Wisconsin.

I hear you about fruit and I love some specific veggies too (cukes, tomatos, onions, mushrooms, cauliflower rice and cabbage are my main go to). But, I'm only trying this out for 2 weeks to see if my pain level diminishes. If it does -- well, I then have a decision to make as to continuing or just adding slowly and see if something sparks pain again. I read one lady stated that after one week, her feet didn't hurt any longer when she got out of bed. OH MY!! That would be heaven in my world! So ... we are on a wait and see journey.

How long have you been trying zero carb? I haven't read that much about it yet. It sounds like you are using shakes for some of your protein. Do you have any tricks or tips you'd like to share?

Best of -- well, I don't want to say luck, because luck didn't get us overweight and it's not going to get us healthy weight either ... so I guess I'll say -- BEST OF HEALTH to you. It's HARD work, but WELL WORTH it!!

Enjoy your night -

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-24-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #103  

Default Day 2 - completed!

Howdy

Day 2 went well.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs / coffee / half n half / 8 oz ribeye.

Then, I was running around and at about 1:15pm - I stopped at the "good" butcher shop (been in business for over 100 years) and picked up smoked salmon, breakfast links, grass fed ground chuck, and a T-bone I was getting really hungry and I still had a few stops to make before I could get home and cook something, so the butcher (God Bless him) gave me a beef stick for the road. Too nice!!

Lunch/Supper was 8 oz grass fed ground beef fried up in bacon grease, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard ... yum yum!! Probably some carbs in a few of those spices/sauces ... but, it worked

I have a few lamb roasts in the freezer, so I thawed one out and baked it for tomorrow - I was a little hungry, so -- I did eat about 3 oz of that for a snack. and then I also had a hunk of white extra sharp cheddar cheese for a snack.

I drank only water (other than the coffee as mentioned).

I wasn't hungry -- AND!! my left knee, which has been bothering me very badly for a week - the IT band has tightened up and I have a lot of inflammation in the knee ... well, the pain has subsided and I was able to move around pain free later in the day. SO!! I was able to get my dishes done, because I could stand!! Hallelujah!

7/23 WI 258.8 start date
7/24 WI 256.6 -2.2
7/25 WI 255.8 -0.8
Calories: 1898
Fat: 130.3g 64.3%
Protein: 155.2g 34.0%
Carb: 7.8g 1.7%

On to DAY 3!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-26-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #104  

Default Day 3 - completed!

Good Morning

Day 3 went well.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs / tea / ACV & beef gelatin / 3 sausage links (yum)

I had part 1 of a 2 part stress test ... so I had 6 pieces of bacon before leaving for that. But, once I got there I realized they did and injection and then I come back in an hour. So, she'd asked if I'd had lunch yet and I said no - so I went to Hardee's and got their charbroiled chicken breast with mayo. I didn't eat the bun. (Pricey for what I got).

When I got home I had some smoked salmon, and then I cooked up a T-bone. It was nearly a pound! I ate that and was very satisfied

When I started to feel hungry I a smaller hunk of white extra sharp cheddar cheese for a snack.

I drank only water and the tea mentioned above.

I wasn't hungry -- my left knee wasn't sore. I had a massage later in the afternoon. I didn't get anything done around the house that I wanted to - maybe today....

Today, my feet still hurt when I get up in the AM or when I get out of a chair. Also, my stomach is feeling a few pains. I slept almost 9 hours and could go back to sleep. Very groggy, but then again -- it is hump-day .... and I'm hungry!!

7/23 WI 258.8 start date
7/24 WI 256.6 -2.2
7/25 WI 255.8 -0.8
7/26 WI 254.8 -1.0 (-4.0 total)

Calories: 1745
Fat: 118.5g 61.6%
Protein: 155.2g 37.7%
Carb: 3.1g 0.7%

On to DAY 4

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-26-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #105  

Default Day 4 - completed

Good morning ... almost afternoon Thanks for the encouragement Sundove!

Yesterday went very well... and I'm down another 2 pounds! I ate very low calories, but I just wasn't hungry - so I would have had to force feed myself if I ate more. I also had some temptations - but did not give in to my sabotaging thoughts.

For breakfast I had 1 egg / ACV & beef gelatin / 3 sausage links (yum)

Lunch was smoked salmon, and that was all. I'd planned to have some lamb too, but I just was not needing it.

Supper was fried, in bacon grease, Italian chicken sausage with 2 T of very very low carb pasta sauce. Really didn't need it as it didn't add anything ... could have even taken away from the good taste of the sausage.

I had a small hunk of white extra sharp cheddar cheese for a snack.

I drank only water and coffee after my stress test, cuz now I can have caffeine again ... love love love coffee.

I wasn't hungry --

I could have gotten up at 4am today, but opted to stay in bed until 7 On the move, getting things done around my home to prep to sell it ...

7/23 WI 258.8 start date
7/24 WI 256.6 -2.2
7/25 WI 255.8 -0.8
7/26 WI 254.8 -1.0
7/27 WI 252.8 -2.0 (-6.0 total)

Calories: 848
Fat: 48.2g 52.3%
Protein: 94.4g 45.5%
Carb: 4.6g 2.2%

On to DAY 5

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-27-2017 at 12:02 PM.