Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mars, on the show The Doctors yesterday, they said that pears tend to be forgotten but pears are good for weight loss. They said studies show that people who eat 3 pears a day lose more weight. I'm not sure I believe that, but this is all making me hungry for pears! Think I'll look around and see if I have any of those little cups. My gs tends to eat them when he's here.

Here's an encouraging article I found.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...d-pears-ga.htm

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-11-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #62  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol Sue, you're in Onederland! Hopefully that two is history Enjoy your day with your GS, I think taking him out may be a great idea, no worries with the dog that way I've got to remember the pears. Do you eat two whole pears a day? Ah ok, ... missed the post about the pears, thank you

Obie, that's what I was thinking also that carbs make me swell/bloat. But a friend of mine has a reaction to gluten and I thought about her and decided to try a few things gluten free. They don't taste as good but I don't have any swelling and I sure don't crave more than the serving that I eat Give it a shot, it may help

Thanks Jacqui I sure hope so. A co-worker brought in sausage and egg biscuits from Bojangles. I tried to give away the biscuit but no one wanted to eat two biscuits, so I took out the sausage and eggs and brought the biscuit home to who ever wanted it (patting myself on the back). .... you know I really wanted to eat that biscuit Enjoy carb day

Mars, go you on the stepper, I may have to look into a small one that I can slide under the table. or something Yay for whooshes ... I'm excited for you early on

Well I ate the watermelon that I took with me to work to go with my salad, but after eating the sausage and eggs, I don't want to eat my salad. I'm gonna look at that as being full and call it a wrap for now on food.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-12-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Rennie, when you are on, you are really on! What good decisions you made today in not eating the very tempting biscuit and stopping eating when you were full even though you had a salad left! That is just wonderful!

Mars, don't worry about that doctor's scale! You're on your way back down and you're doing it in a healthy way and that's all that matters!

Carol Sue, that article makes me want to go out and buy pears! Who knew they were so good for weight loss?!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #64  
~Rennie

Thanks Jacqui, I didn't do too bad today food wise, the watermelon and grapefruit that I had up'd my carb more than I would like, but it's better than junk food Oh and Jacqui, I took my daughter to McDonald's for a McFlurry. I really wanted a sundae but I passed ... I think I just need to eat before I leave the house, then I'm not tempted to eat where the kids want to stop when they are with me. When I'm by myself I won't stop, I'll just keep going, thinking I may come back out later ... but here lately when I'm in, I'm in, another good thing. Thanks for having faith in me Goes back to the note I have on the fridge from you

Carol Sue, I bought some canned pears from Aldi, which I'll rinse before I eat them (but not tonight, I'm done) and I also bought the pumpkin tortilla chips, not bad at all. I think they'd be really good with some red pepper hummus

I need to drink a bit more water ...

Last edited by love2b150; 07-12-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #65  

Rennie, I am SO proud of you for skipping that McD's treat! I do have faith in you! I KNOW you can do this! I've seen you have tremendous determination and willpower! When you set your mind to it, you do it! And I am so glad that note still inspires you! You inspire me!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #66  
~Rennie

Happy Sunday

Week 01:
7/10 ~ 175.5
7/11 ~ 174.2 (-1.3)
7/12 ~ 173.2 (-1.0)
7/13 ~
7/14 ~
7/15 ~
7/16 ~

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
oopsie bread w/ spray ICBINB, tsp apple jelly
chicken salad
1/2 pear
32oz water

Lunch:
spinach harvest salad incl. feta, spicy glazed pecans (has dry fruit also but I throw that out, yuk)
watermelon

Snack:
pumpkin tortilla
roasted red pepper hummus

Dinner:
1/2 cup cream of potato soup
green tea
20oz water

Last edited by love2b150; 07-12-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mars, no one at any of my doctors' offices ever discusses weight, including the doctors, unless I bring it up. In a way I like that, because I KNOW I'm fat, and I KNOW I need to lose.

I didn't find my little cups of pears so I will have to buy some.

When the kids lived here I used to buy fresh fruit, and you know it's not ripe when you buy it, but if you wait a few days it's fine. Well, the kids, AND DH, didn't want to wait for it to ripen so they would eat it hard. One time I bought some peaches and didn't want them to eat them hard so I put them in a brown bag and put it in the bottom cupboard. And I forgot about them. LOL I had stinky mush by the time I remembered. DH is still like that. His son had a pear tree and when we bring some home he has them half eaten before they are actually soft.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #68  

Yesterday:

B: Eggs, sausage, coffee, Kale/cornbread slice toasted
L: Chicken Feta salad
S: bean brownie, coffee
D: celery with peanut butter

Did my numbers, no weight change but lost 1.5 inches, and that inch was off the waist. I will never fully understand how fat can have no weight but can have bulk!! I don't even care, I am going by how I feel mentally about my body and how my clothes fit. So all is good.

At times like these I really appreciate being able to come on this thread and read posts and learn, everyone's journey is different as are our goals and I think most of us have been here before and we keep learning.

I know for me it is about controlling stress eating, making good choices and getting off my butt. Stress I think I have a handle on but I find that mowing the yard by hand has been a real strength builder for me - it is still hard to use my treadmill because I don't want to do that the rest of my life, it is not a normal daily activity for me. This is still a work in progress for me, and there is an answer, I just have to find it. (the stepper is a great tool, at least it is portable and not so intimidating to look at)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, off to breakfast and to enjoy the day.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #69  
maintaining since 9/2013

Good morning everyone! Can i just say one more time how much I love reading your posts? The encouragement is SO appreciated, and so too is seeing that others are struggling, often with the same issues as I am. Oops, run-on sentence!

Carol Sue, I am going to take the bull by the horns with the medical assistant. I have been known to postpone checkups to avoid the wagging finger. I dumped an internist over that, once. My current doc is usually silent unless I ask. I think I will ask this time because he has always provided good info & a good perspective. His offhand remark that ketosis induces mild euphoria, once it sunk in, made me understand why my IP diet was so successful, and why it was so difficult to maintain. IP would never tell us anything like that. I am in rant mode with IP!

I kinda like my pears on the hard side I wonder why they help with wt loss. I once lost 70 lbs eating from a very limited menu, and it included pears. They are just very satisfying. But I'm too picky--only like very crunchy Anjous, which have a short season. I can't find any from Argentina anymore, so that season is over until fall for USA Anjous.. May need to branch out.....

Rennie Wow you are smoking! It's great that you have a strategy for being out and about with your kids. Im glad we are in this together!

chickadeee Congrats on the inches lost! That's what we're after, the scale is just a proxy. Fluctuations in fluid can easily add a pound or more, so measurements are more realistic. I feel like you with the stepper thing. I can get myself on it now because I am not doing anything else like mowing. It is literally right in front of the TV. I started with 1 minute, here and there when I wanted to watch TV. I keep my stopwatch right in my hand and those seconds go by pretty fast. I like feeling my thighs and butt working. I'm up to 5 minute now, almost breaking a sweat, but I won't push it too hard--don't want any strains. So as you said, it's a tool, and there when you are ready. At first I had to keep my arms out for balance but now it's easier.

Last edited by mars735; 07-12-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #70  
maintaining since 9/2013

Jacqui Thanks for the encouraging words! I hope your Carb Day was more moderate than mine. It could have been worse for sure, but I did fall asleep mid day from the carb load. i did not stick to my plan of eating normally after breakfast. All I can do is dust myself off and resolve to try again. I know how to restrict & binge but moderation is my Mt Everest of healthy eating. I will try to summit again next week!

Last edited by mars735; 07-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #71  

Up only 1.5 lbs after Carb Day! Carb Day wasn't as moderate as I had intended to make it so I'm very pleased that I didn't go up 2-2.5 lbs!

Week 9: High 199.5, Low 198.5
6/28--199.5
6/29--199
6/30--199
7/1--198.5
7/2--198.5
7/3--198.5
7/4--199.5 Carb Day
Week 10: High 200.5, Low 196.5
7/5--200.5
7/6--200
7/7--198.5
7/8--197
7/9--196.5
7/10--197
7/11--197 Carb Day
Week 11:
7/12--198.5
7/13--
7/14--
7/15--
7/16--
7/17--
7/18--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 eggs fried in coconut oil
2 slices of bacon
Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Large field green and veggies salad, topped with turkey and walnuts, with ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
2 hotdogs
Black beans
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk, 20 minutes HIIT elliptical, 3 sets of 12 reps on 10 leg, waist, and back machines (I upped the weights on a few even though I wasn't feeling up to exercise, so go figure, lol! I am now up to 45 lbs on the leg extension, 75 lbs on the leg curl, 75 lbs on the hip adduction, 120 lbs on the hip abduction, and 120 lbs on the seated leg press!)

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-13-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #72  

Mars, no, lol, my Carb Day wasn't exactly moderate, but it could have been much worse! I can easily go bonkers on chips and chocolate though and I didn't do that, so that's success!

Rennie, yay on another drop! Keep it going, girlie!

Chickadeee, I think the exercise may be a work in progress for you, but I think you have the eating pretty well figured out! I love seeing your menus! And now, your exercise is improving all the time!

Carol Sue, I hope your Onederland is sticking! After Carb Day, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had slipped out of it, but somehow I held on!

Obie and Jean, hope y'all are having a good weekend!

As for me, I ran out of probiotics a couple of days ago and I didn't think it would affect me, but I think it has. I felt irregular yesterday and even more so today (Carb Day foods probably didn't help!) and it really has me dragging. I keep telling myself, go work out, go work out, but I don't feel like moving! Ugh.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-12-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #73  
maintaining since 9/2013

Jacqui, you will feel so much better if you work out. Sometimes I have to promise myself that if I just get to the gym, in my workout clothes, I can turn around & come home if I don't feel like doing anything. I always am glad I went. And you could just do something light at home. Any little bit will make you feel better!.

Strangely, after I awoke from carb-coma yesterday, I felt energized, & same thing today. Hopefully I'll be burning up a little of yesterday's overage. At least I'm finally getting my place cleaned up!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #74  
~Rennie

... once again typed a full post and erased it

chickadeee, great job on the inches, keep up the good work this exactly why I keep coming back to 3FC ---> read posts and learn, everyone's journey is different as are our goals and I think most of us have been here before and we keep learning.

LOL Mars on the run-on sentence ... I have plenty Thanks Mars, I attained that strategy by happen stance yesterday. I had just ate so it was easy to talk to myself and not get it I've still got a ways to go before I catch up to you . I am so looking forward to seeing the 160's and hopefully staying there for a bit this time Keep up your nice work ... I'm following behind you and I hope to keep up Mars my sons use to drag me out to the gym, COME ON MOMMY (none of them were driving then) and I would always say I'm only gonna do 30 minutes on the treadmill, then I'd want to do 3 miles, then 3.5 ... it's just about getting there for me for sure. Once I finish, I feel great. It definitely helps me sleep better ... oh I had my son pick me up one fresh pear Mars, it says Argentina on the sticker and it is as hard as can be ... so I guess I'll be waiting a bit to eat it

Thanks Jacqui, if you remember from before ... I couldn't do a cheat day. I admire those of you that can I think fries would do me in for sure, smh. I don't know about sweets. I have wanted a Hostess cup cake for a couple of days now. I just keep thinking I can do something else with that dollar Which probiotic do you take?

well tonight is the first night at midnight. I just got off at ten after one

Good night

Last edited by love2b150; 07-12-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #75  
~Rennie

I just thought about something ... I have a Withings scale, it's not gonna register my weight for tomorrow because it won't be the next day yet How am I gonna track my progress getting off at 10 tomorrow. That's a long time to go without eating. If you all have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'll see them when I get up. Nite nite
Closed Thread