Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #421  
Gary C

Yeah Missy!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Missy, congrats on the drop! I'm so glad you made it into the 140's today! Yay that the SlimQuick worked for you!

Gary, thank you for the information on the sodium! It would not have occurred to me that chicken was being injected with sodium, but it makes sense. Way to do your homework! I hope you get below that 170 mark very soon!

Pamela, I meant to answer you about starting the diet! Yay that you are going to save your WW meals for cheat days and get started on the Slow Carb Diet! If I were you, I would start on Sunday. That way you will have an extra day before cheat day just to try to lose as much as you can before splurging!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 425.6/366.6/220

Height: 6'2

Good work everyone, just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I am moving from Nevada back to California and have a lot going on right now. I haven't been on the plan, just wanted to let you all know I am still around. I will check in from time to time. And hopefully get back on track soon.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #424  

Dt!!! Fantastic! I'm so happy you're still with us here! And I'm glad to see your pic and stats are back up! You're not giving up! Good for you!!! Just do what you can when you can, and good luck on your move!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #425  
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks guys!!

That is interesting information regarding the sodium in the chicken. Which brand? I know when I buy the frozen chicken I check the sodium content as it seems to be injected as well.

I think I'll defrost some of my chili tonight Gary because you got me in the mood for it!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 425.6/366.6/220

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Dt!!! Fantastic! I'm so happy you're still with us here! And I'm glad to see your pic and stats are back up! You're not giving up! Good for you!!! Just do what you can when you can, and good luck on your move!
Thank you Jacqui!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Great going Missy!!!! Now I really will be picking up a bottle of SlimQuick!

Dt, so glad you are sticking around.. get yourself settled and stressfree before trying to start up again.. we will be here for you!

Jacqui.. I can't wait to start, I was thinking the same thing about Sunday.. I'm so excited!!!!! I'm wondering if I should skip my first Faturday?

Gary, interesting about the chicken... and sad too... love chicken!

Pamela
Old 01-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #428  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

ok catch up time starting all the back to page 27

sunlover, I walk to the treadmill is all but glad it helped you to join us I use to be on my feet all day but when I came home and the boys wanted to go to the gym I'd just get ready and go. Once I got there I was fine it was just getting there Now I sit all day in a training class and I think I'm more tired than when I was standing Also I do dairy, maybe a cheese stick to carry me over in the middle of the day or a yogurt in the morning on my way to work. They aren't trigger foods for me, I only consume the one and then I am done. I hate the after taste.

Pamela I don't know if I even posted it here, but back in 2010, I use to eat a frozen meal or two each day when I first started out. It was just easy and convenient. I also walked 3 miles a day 6 days a week on an outdoor track and I loss 30lbs in 3.5 months. The only thing I would have after my walk was a cup of grapes and lots of water. Back then I hadn't been diagnosed as being diabetic. A whoosh is that 2.5+ pounds you lose over night for what seems like no reason at all … just one morning you wake up weigh and all of your hard work pays off Pamela my experience with Walden's Farms is a vinegar after taste which I didn't like, the pancake syrup was the worse sugar free syrup I had ever had. So I wasted my money, I bought ketchup, a few kinds of salad dressing, barbecue sauce and syrup, all of them went in the trash. Give them a try though because you may like them. I chew Exra sugar free gum, it holds it's flavor longer and it satisfies that hunger when I can eat, I think it's mind over matter for me I drink green tea and black tea I start out drinking them hot but they usually end up at room temperature LOL on the tea, wish we lived closer to one another we could give each other what we try and don't like

Thanks Missy I like your suggestions to dt, to get himself prepared for slow carbing I have so many temptations around me daily it's nuts today I wanted chips so bad I started to just ask a few people for just one. But nope I was obedient and it felt good Oh I see you use almond milk. I just bought some soy milk for my smoothies. I tried almond milk once and didn't care for the taste. Can you tell any difference yet using the SlimQuick? (I see you've answered this )I've been experiencing some bloating here lately also and gas, not sure why I agree with Jacqui on the scale and muscle. I've got to keep reading but I hope you've done some measuring or compared how your clothes are fitting YAY Missy, I am so happy for you on your Thursday goal

Thanks Jacqui you are such an inspirational person water still holding on though Look at you go 168 you Jacqui for whatever reason here lately I don't feel as if I have slept at all by like 9:30-10am. I am pooped, that is when I usually hit the green or black tea

Gary I'm holding steady also and not happy See Gary you spoke too soon look at you 171. I think I asked you before … are you gonna leave us once you hit goal? Well just read your sodium/chili post … you can't leave us (not that you said you would, but I'm jus' sayin' You are just like Jacqui a wealth of information

dt good to see you, wishing you all the best

OK ALL CAUGHT UP …

I stayed the same today 172.2 I still feel slightly bloated and I am not sure why. I got an 82% on my test. I'm not happy but I do get to retake it with a small demerit My son weighed in at 250 and decided he wanted to do all shakes for the remainder of the consecration. I told him I'd do it with him but I will eat a meal during lunch and only until next Wednesday. I had planned to add chicken and maybe fish back in today and now he suggest this. I got pizza for the other kids and wings for my husband for dinner. My husband said my son isn't gonna be happy when he gets in and smells and sees the pizza (but I had to drive 7 miles with it in the car and I didn't cave so he can do it also ).

B ~ shake, protein powder, soy milk
S ~ mixed nuts
L ~ veggie burger (I like these, my new food) s/f apple sauce
D ~ shake, protein powder, soy milk, ½ c. plain yogurt, spinach, water
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #429  
~Rennie

Ok my son just blended up a slice of pizza with water and drank it … talk about desperate!!!! I think that's cheating what do you all think?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday! I started my reboot on Sunday. today is my cheat day because I have a work party tonight. I've lost 7lbs since Sunday!! Great. I started the day with a protein, chia seed , coffee spinach shake. I will try and keep most of my cheating for tonight. It's great reading through the thread. I don't have a lot of time to post often. But I am join to try and post at least every 2 days. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #431  
~Rennie

TwoTots, congrats on the 7lbs gone

I'm down .2 to 172.0 the scale did show 171.8 a few times (wonky scale, smh)

My son is down 4lbs of water this morning. I told him had he skipped on the salty pizza it may have been a little more

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #432  

TwoTots, congrats on being a whopping 7 lbs down! Have a fun cheat night!

Rennie, now, where's the fairness in that? A pizza shake should not warrant a 4-lb loss, lol! But oh well, he's a teenaged boy and they can drop weight by sneezing if they're trying, lol!

Gary and Missy, update us on how the chili worked out for you!

Pamela, I see no reason to skip your "Faturday," lol! Cheat day is what gives your metabolism a boost each week! Don't let it scare you. You know what to expect. You will gain a little water weight the next day, but it IS just water weight. Just go back to eating slow-carb and it will fall back off! So enjoy your day!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #433  

I am down another half-lb to 167.5 today!

Week 26: High 171.5, Low 167.5
1/11: 170 Cheat Day
1/12: 171.5
1/13: 170.5
1/14: 169
1/15: 168.5
1/16: 168
1/17: 167.5

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: tuna salad made with full fat mayo, veggies with ranch dressing, Mio water
Snack: Diet Dr. Pepper
Dinner: 10 bbq chicken wings, water (ate at a pizza place with friends, too late to have my green tea by the time we got home)

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Thanks Jacqui.. I love it here, everyone is so wonderful.. have a great Friday everyone!
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #435  
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Rennie that was so funny your son made a pizza smoothie. Nope, it's hte same calories no matter how to reconstruct it. And pizza is so yummy why would he want to destroy it? lol

Great job Twotots!! Wow, a 7 pound loss is super impressive!

Where were my math skills yesterday? I think we believe what we want sometimes. Yesteday morning I lost .10 ounces, not 1.4. But I'll still take it as it brought me back into the 140's! This morning I lost .8 ounces, taking me to a solid 149.

Tomorrow is my cheat day, and I have that baby shower in the afternoon and a bday dinner at an Italian restaurant with lots of wine and delish carbs in the evening. I think I may not go overboard though. I know I am itching for some cake and will have slice to satisfy my craving.

Found a tape measurer. Gonna take those measurements today!
Closed Thread