3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Are these ingredients OK on Dukan? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/282101-these-ingredients-ok-dukan.html)

858Smith 05-23-2013 12:12 PM

Are these ingredients OK on Dukan?

I was wondering if someone could tell me if these ingredients are okay on the Attack phase?

baking powder
cornstarch
cream of tartar
yeast

I found a recipe that says it's Attack phase-friendly, but I didn't think those were.

Thanks!

DishyFishy 05-23-2013 12:39 PM

None of those four items are allowed during the Attack Phase.

Corn starch, especially, is very high in carbs.

What recipe are you wanting to make?

858Smith 05-23-2013 12:53 PM

I thought so, but I thought I'd ask. This website had it listed as an attack phase recipe. Ugh!

It was for a bread.

Are they allowed in Cruise?

Thanks for replying!

DishyFishy 05-23-2013 01:40 PM

I'm afraid not. Both the Attack and Cruise Phases are very strict with the list of allowable foods.

In his book Dukan gives a recipe for something called an Oat Bran Galette, which he describes as a pancake. That might help to satisfy any bread-like cravings.

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 T oat bran
  • 2T fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
  • 1t zero-calorie sweetener (for a sweet pancake)
  • pepper, herbs, and/or chopped garlic (for a savoury pancake
Method:
Beat egg white until foamy. In a separate bowl mix all the other ingredients. Add the beaten egg and mix until blended. Cook for about 5 mins in a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Turn over and cook for another 5 mins, or so.

If you don't have the book, try your local library for a copy.

Disclosure: I haven't tried the galette, and I'm not following Dukan's diet, but I just read the book a few weeks ago.

ETA: That galette is "legal" during both phases.

858Smith 05-23-2013 06:49 PM

Thanks! I actually read that part in the book this AM & made it :) I loved it, & its texture! I just wish I could have it more.

kate27 06-06-2013 02:29 AM

Hi guys, I just started the Dukan on Tuesday. The website recommended I only do Attack phase for 2 days, but I think I'm going to stay on Attack until Sunday. Anyway! Lol.. About that galette, I'm not sure if I made it incorrectly but when I tried to flip it on the pan, it broke into a few sections instead of staying like a full pancake. I used all the ingredients DishyFishy listed, except I used a whole egg and 1 1/2 tbsp of the oat bran and 1 1/2 tbsp of the yoghurt.

Any idea why my pancake broke?

DishyFishy 06-09-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate27 (Post 4764410)
About that galette, I'm not sure if I made it incorrectly but when I tried to flip it on the pan, it broke into a few sections instead of staying like a full pancake. I used all the ingredients DishyFishy listed, except I used a whole egg and 1 1/2 tbsp of the oat bran and 1 1/2 tbsp of the yoghurt.

Any idea why my pancake broke?

I haven't made one myself, so I'm just guessing. LOL. :idea:

Did you leave the first side to cook for long enough before flipping it over? It might have fallen apart if it wasn't quite set in the centre?

I make "pancakes" with linseed meal and nut flours, and that sometimes happens to me.