Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #16  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

That's a very cool calculator, Mango. Thanks for sharing the link! I had fun playing with it and watching the chart at the bottom, to track how quickly I could lose the weight if I stayed on track.

Last edited by geoblewis; 04-04-2013 at 10:54 AM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #17  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi there! I'm doing a ketogenic diet too. I started with Ideal Protein, then started doing it on my own with alternative products, now, since I have started going back to bootcamp and kickboxing classes, I am doing TKD (Targeted Ketogenic Diet). This whole process has been such a learning experience in terms of what I should/shouldn't be eating. I have been trying to lose weight for years with very limited success. The "eat less/move more" equation never helped me lose weight. Now that I am in ketosis, I have been losing steadily. Of course as I get closer to goal, it's a slower process but I know that all I have to do is stick with it and I will lose!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez
I like ketogenic diets. I think they work well, and I feel good doing it (i'm not currently.)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
thenewgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

You asked how much weight lost per week.

I lose about 4 pounds per week, but that's with LOTS of excercise and loosely calorie counting. I still eat at least 60% fat though.
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #20  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I was losing about 2.5 lbs/week for my first 30lbs without working out but now that I am back to the gym, I am losing fat, gaining muscle (according to my BMI scale at home)...my weight has remained roughly the same. I don't mind though since I am not so hung up on the numbers as I am on getting rid of the belly fat! If I gain muscle and lose fat and end up being 157 lbs, I won't be unhappy at all!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #21  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Nice to see there are some other keto redditors in here!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #22  

Default keto advice :)

I've been trying many different diets and ways to lose weight, and after searching and searching found this book. It's great since not only it explains to you how the diet works, but also teaches you how to stay motivated during the process, gives you recipes and also gives you a 21 day meal plan. I lost between 0.5 to 1 pound per day, which for me was amazing. Here's the book if you are interested, I thought I would share this with you since I noticed they are giving this book away for FREE, hope you get this book before the promotion ends and enjoy it as much as I did

You can download:

21 Day Ketogenic Diet Challenge - Step by Step Plan for Rapid Weight Loss, Increase your Energy and Improve Your Life by Clayton West
ASIN:B01KDAAD4O
west6727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #23  
banned

Nice thread, I run a spanish blog about keto so ask me anything haha

The most frequent mistake people do is to eat tons of protein. (specially those who workout at the gym and are used to eat large amounts of protein)
Keto Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #24  

I started out good and got into ketosis for a couple of days. Then I had a conference to attend and had to eat out a couple of times, made the best of it but that knocked me out of ketosis. I'm trying to get back in, I'm at 20g of carbs but the ketostix is still not changing colors. I'm ok with it because mostly I feel full and not craving sweets like before and when on other diets.
Steampunkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #25  

Hi, I just spoke to a friend who followed the IP diet, I m following a similar diet. I joined a weight management program, & the doctor there has put me on an 800 calorie diet. No ketosis(600 cal diet) since i m a vegetarian. Basically she has asked to cut all direct carbs like rice wheat, grain & eat lentils, vegetables, salad. Basically no grains, no potatoes, no bheet, no banana, no mango. Is that safe to do it over an extended period of time ? I want to lose 60 lbs. did you guys have any side effects coz of it ?

I started it 13 days back & have lost 5.5 lbs. Is that safe ? & she is giving me high dosage of chromium, Calcium Pyruvate & multi-vitamins. Will it stress my body or will these help my body ? pls help, I m worried if I should continue this over a month or not ?
Rituv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #26  
Ms.V

S/C/G: 200/190.5/145

Default Low carb and frustrated today

Good morning everyone

my husband's doc sent him an e-book called fat to skinny and suggested he try it. I'm very familiar with Atkins and low carb but I haven't done it in many years (10 or more). So we decided to give it try. We started April 20, 2017. We both feel good, have more energy no cravings. He has lost 40 lbs and his cardiologist took him off one of this bp meds. I have lost 10. Then suddenly
2 weeks ago I finally went below 190 (189.4), then last week I was down to 188.2, this morning I weigh and I'm back up (190.5) I started crying I haven't cheated. Breakfast is eggs and meat or an omelette with a little cheese. Lunch is either left over chicken, with a green salad (only choosing from the veggie list), or a chef salad, or other meat and salad or boiled eggs. Dinner is meat and a veggie from approved list. snacks are either boiled eggs, sf jello, deli meats (sf) or an oz of hard cheese and approved veggies. I have a couple cups of black coffee in the mornings, rest of the day is water. I use oil & vinegar on salads, I use butter on veggies, I use coconut oil to cook with or olive oil. I'm really upset that I'm back up. I'm not losing weight and I measured my waist its the same as when we started. grrrr
Ms.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.V View Post
I have lost 10. Then suddenly
2 weeks ago I finally went below 190 (189.4), then last week I was down to 188.2, this morning I weigh and I'm back up (190.5) I started crying I haven't cheated. Breakfast is eggs and meat or an omelette with a little cheese. Lunch is either left over chicken, with a green salad (only choosing from the veggie list), or a chef salad, or other meat and salad or boiled eggs. Dinner is meat and a veggie from approved list. snacks are either boiled eggs, sf jello, deli meats (sf) or an oz of hard cheese and approved veggies. I have a couple cups of black coffee in the mornings, rest of the day is water. I use oil & vinegar on salads, I use butter on veggies, I use coconut oil to cook with or olive oil. I'm really upset that I'm back up. I'm not losing weight and I measured my waist its the same as when we started. grrrr
You might have to track your calories. If I don't keep mine around 1500 per day I never lose.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:05 PM   #28  
Ms.V

S/C/G: 200/190.5/145

thank you I'll try counting calories.
Ms.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunkchick View Post
I started out good and got into ketosis for a couple of days. Then I had a conference to attend and had to eat out a couple of times, made the best of it but that knocked me out of ketosis. I'm trying to get back in, I'm at 20g of carbs but the ketostix is still not changing colors. I'm ok with it because mostly I feel full and not craving sweets like before and when on other diets.
With ketosis the struggle is real. At least for me. I'm craving carbs all the time. Also, my family can't stand my neurotic behavior Is it possible that I'm not eating enough? I have difficulties with calculating my macros (how many carbs, fats, and proteins) Please help, I'm desperate because my results are...terrible.
TeresaRohas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #30  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

TeresaRohas
I've been on Keto since mid July. The cravings went away around the second week.
I am also following Dr. Judith Beck - How to train your brain to think like a thin person.
Look for hidden carbs that you may not be counting. Also are you drinking diet soda?
If I eat dinner out I have either a burger with cheese, an egg, bacon or avocado. Breakfast or lunch out would be 2 eggs cheese omelette

I find that sticking to it strictly is the only way to go. Draw those lines and refuse to waiver.
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote