Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #16  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Shrinking,

I think you're very right that "life" and it's factors are a very big part of it. I weighed 150 pounds more than you when I started, and after the first month I felt the need to add in exercise to maintain my loss, especially since I had a sendentary job. You certainly don't want to add another stressor to your life, but you may find that even a short walk at night may improve your overall wellbeing and kick start things.

Going to the doctor is a great idea. You may be fighting against a few roadblocks they can help you with.

Don't give up. You've made great progress.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Hi Shrinking,
You are not alone. Doing it right and not seeing results on the scale can be so discouraging. I'm exercising a half hour per day and staying between 1300 and 1400 (very low carb) calories. Still, I'm averaging about 1/3 of a lb per week.... and this after a 3 week period when my weight actually went up by 3 lbs. In the past, I have let that derail me, and eaisily gained back more weight than I had lost.
Hang in there. It has to come down eventually.
Just an idea.... Have you noticed any changes in the way your clothes fit ? You might be losing weight and have something masking your efforts. It might even be the new work schedule causing the stall.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote