Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #391  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Dukaners.com has a great Dukan recipe thread
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #392  

Good morning. Is anyone else still doing this plan?
I am still on track and was down 4# yesterday. Didn't weigh today because sometimes I bounce up and down so didn't want to be discouraged.
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #393  
Jenn

I think over here we may be the main people posting, along with Val when she drops by.

The bouncing around is annoying, but is usually just the effect of the PV days, as long as the trend keeps going down.

I have a tracker that shows my weekly weigh in which has a gentle downwards slope (an occasional blip, one due to a bread binge and another over the first Christmas while I was in consol).
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Talking

I'm still doing it! I'm in Stabilization, but follow the Consolidation part two rules.

Shabbyvintage, keep up the good work.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #395  

Hi Valkyrie! It's Lizzy!

Hi to anyone else here following Dukan.

I freaked out when I could not get on the dukaners site this morning.

Yesterday was my last (3rd) day of Attack and I officially lost 5.2 pounds! <--should make that a dancing chicken breast

Anyway - today is first day of PV and I will feel better if I post my menu.

B: Mushroom egg/egg white omlette with FF cheese
L: Hamburger & asparagus & cottage cheese w/ oat bran
D: Chicken breast & asparagus
S: If needed, turkey slices, celery, FF yogurt
WATER WATER TEA TEA SELZER SELZER

I plan to do my 30 minutes walking outdoors today.

I keep reminding myself that if I stick with it, I will be in my skinny shorts by July 1.

Lizzy
LizzyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Cool Hi Lizzy!

Hi Lizzy! Great to see you here as well.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #397  
Jenn

Hi lizzy

Losing access to the forum was a shock. Glad you found this thread for your
Post.

Shabby, are your still around.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #398  

Default New to Dukan

Hi,
I am new to the Dukan Diet. Brief history have about 24lbs to loose, lost this two years ago with no great effort just from running (and stress ) and with no change in my diet. I put it all back on when I stopped running due to "injury" aka Laziness/complacently when I started to regain the weight, I noticed that I purposely ate more, pushed my body to regain as much as possible, maybe this was my "punishment" on myself. I was really feeling down/fat/big didn't really want to acknowledge my increased weight gain, avoided friends/social events. Anyway on Monday this week, met up with a friend I hadn't seen in a few months. The last time I saw her (about Nov) I knew she was on a diet and she had already lost loads of weight then. However on monday when we met she was half the woman! she looked great, I couldn't belive the transformation. I know her 10 years, watched her struggle with her weight, listened to her countless diet attempts and she never managed to loose more than about a stone. So after meeting on Monday I decided that's it I'm doing it! downloaded the book and here I am!!!. I am lucky in one sense I don't overly love any particular food, would eat bread till the cows come home, but I can live without that if I have too. I am an all or nothing type of person, so I'll (not try) but will give 100% to this. I have 5 days of attack completed and have lost 9lbs!!! I am trilled on pp + pv now and am really excited about the coming weeks.
Super_Slim_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/147

Height: 5'10''

Unhappy

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new here to the forum. I've been on the Dukan diet for 6 days (4 days of cruise). I lost 8lb during Attack and have now been on the Cruise phase for 3 days but after the first PV day I gained 0.5lb and I am the same today. Is this normal? It's really disheartening

I know I don't have too much to lose at 15lb so could this be the reason?

I'm trying to tell myself that it will be worth it if I stick with it...
Mimi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #400  
Jenn

Hi super slim me and Mimi,

Welcome to the site and the diet. You have both got through attack and are starting on cruise now. So this is where the hard work is.

Mimi, PV days often cause a bounce on the scales, is is just the extra roughage holding extra water in the system for digestion purposes , try not to stress too much, As you go on the PP day losses exceed the PV day bounces, so that your weight loss ends up being a downward line on graph. With 15lb to lose it can seem a little slow, but it is still a lot faster than any of the 'starvation' diets out there and there is a plan for re feeding ( consol) so that you reduce you chances of regain once you come off the weight loss. I am around every couple of so feel free to ask any questions you might have. I know a couple of other Dukaners do drop in occasionally, Even though this is not a very active forum for us at the moment.

SSM what a great attack result, you must be super pleased as well and you have a real example of what can be achieved with this program, so hope you hold the motivation for cruise.

I'm in consolidation now after losing 30 Kg or 66lb, so I am maintaining my weight steadily these days and hope to continue to do so with a new focus of getting my fitness levels back-up to a sustainable level. It's an effort, but it is worth it.

Last edited by Electro; 03-27-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Typos and iPad autocorrects
Old 03-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #401  

Hi Electro,
Well done on the weight loss! I can't wait until I'm on consolidation phase . So far I am finding the diet really suits me. I am a picker/grazer when it comes to food a bad habit but with the Dukan I don't do that. I'm loving cooking properly again, I love to cook. Loving the diet, so far I'm 10 days in and 11lbs down!!!! delighted with myself. I'm not finding anything particularly challenging at this stage, apart from having to make myself eat my appetite has hit the floor. I had oat bran 7:00 am this morning followed by salmon and cray fish at lunch 12:00 with a yogurt and still am not feeling overly hungry, but I've pushed myself to make a beef casserole for dinner. Drinking tons of water, the water and fish have my skin in amazing condition too.
Mimi,
hope our journey on the dukan diets reach all our expectations! 8lb off well done. Looking forward to hearing an update
Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #402  

Wow, well done Electro! That's a great result.

Thanks for the information, I'm down 1lb since I last posted so the numbers are going in the right direction for now.

Super_Slim_Me, I'd love to see some updates from you too. I think we've started around the same time so it would be good to see how you're getting on with it

I'm 9 days in and 10lbs down now so a very similar number to you!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #403  
Jenn

Oh well done to you both.

Super slim, not worry too much about the loss of appetite, it comes back settles into a very natural patten after a while Snd there will be days when you have the hungeries, so your overall intake will be fine. I love the sound of your menus though, salmon and crayfish. Mmm.

Mimi, glad the scales are co operating, that makes you so close to your goal, am I right in thinking you are now over halfway to goal, that is brilliant!

I loved this diet, it Made sense to me from the start and has worked so well for so long. I've had a prolonged consol because of the amount I had to lose, but I will really advise you both to adhere to the consol phase when you get there. It is essentially a refeeding program and allows your body to readjust to a more natural eating style without having the post diet rebound on the scales thst so many other diets have.

At this rate you will both be there soon.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #404  

Well nearly at the end of week 2, tomorrow is weigh in. I've followed the plan to the letter although I am due my monthly cycle so if I don't see anymore weight loss I won't be too disappointed. Today was the first real challenge for me, I brought my young daughter out to lunch after a morning appointment and as I was on my protein only day, choice was extremely limited. So I settled sliced turkey breast and a black coffee, she kept offering to share her crisps but not a crumb passed my lips. I have this vision of myself looking great in a bikini on my holidays, so that's keeping me going too.
Mimi thats great another 1lb, you don't have much to loose so you'll reach your tw in no time. How are you finding the diet so far?
Electro,
I love hearing success stories, keeps me motivated. I defo will keep up when I reach my tw, I'm all to aware how quickly the weight reappears and to be honest, it is still part of the diet so I'll stick it out. I'm keeping my scales too, last time after I lost weight I threw it out, which meant I wasn't really keeping an eye on the weight gain. That mistake won't happen again :-)
Old 03-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #405  

Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow Super_Slim_Me. I'm sure you'll be fine as you've been following the plan!

The diet been going quite well so far, I haven't had many cravings for carbs or sweet things which is good! I'm still at the same weight after 5 days though and again that is quite annoying as I've been sticking to the plan. It's easy to see that at a time like this people could get really disappointed and just go off plan. I'm trying to stay strong and will stick it out for at least another week.

Are you finding it hard to eat enough food? That's my main issue and I find myself eating even when I'm not hungry to make sure I get enough.

Let us know how the weigh-in goes