Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #316  

I made it through the trip but fell off the diet mainly at a Greek restaurant our son wanted to try before he left the big city to return home. I'm back on protein for a couple of days and hope that will help get me back down to my lowest weight and then start on the next pound. It's so exciting to see results. I've been able to shop for clothes 3 sizes smaller, and there's so much more to choose from!
firstdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Hello Dukaners!!!!!

I'm starting Dukan again tomorrow following a somewhat shakier attempt earlier in the year. I dropped 6kgs in six weeks then my loses just stopped and I was retaining water horribly following that.
Then the party season hit and I managed to regain 3kgs back... >_<

Soo... starting from the very beginning tomorrow!
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #318  

Yeah for you! I talked to a neighbor today and shared the diet with her. She is excited to read the book and get going. I'm still recovering from our trip last week, but have only one pound to go and then will be in new "losing territory!" Good luck to you.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #319  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Pinkwaterfall - yay for you coming back! Hopefully you will find it a bit easier this time. Green tea is helpful for the water retention as is asparagus if it is available. I am excited to see you here again.

Firstdiet - I've always been amazed by how much the body shrinks on this diet, it is so out of proportion to the amount of weight I am losing.

So the time has come, I have to put the effort into the exercise I think. I have lost weight and am not far of where I want to be, but my body fat % is still quite high. I haven't been doing the recommended walking at all, but even so a lot of the weight seems to have come off the hips and thighs already, which is a bit of suprise as I am usually quite curvy there.

So I have done my first session for C25K which gives me 20 minutes of walking and interval running, with the intent of being able to jog for 30 minutes at the end of 9 weeks. I have done the program before so know what I am up for. Of course I am now 25kg lighter than when I did it then, so I am finding that while hard work, my knees are not as pained or stressed as last time. Yay!

I've also been and had a physical - still waiting for some results, but it appears that my blood pressure has dropped to a 'very healthy' point which is a positive change from when I started. Just waiting now for my vitamins, sugars and cholesterol results. I am also hoping for positive changes there as well. I know that I definately feel much much better than when I started this about 6 months ago! I am claiming a dancing carrot for this one.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #320  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

5 Day Attack Phase Over ~ Down 5.2 lbs.

Breakfast today was the Dukan Mushroom Frittata w/ a glass of Fat Free Milk.

Looking forward to my lunch of a Galette Ham sandwich w/ nitrate free ham Fat Free cream cheese & pickles

Have a great day everyone
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #321  

Electro: Congrats at getting that blood pressure down. Isn't it amazing how our body all works together -- we take care of it, and it just works better! I, too, am trying to get into the exercise thing. We are finally having some weather that cooperates with getting out to walk, and our pool will be ready to use soon. Hoping that pushes me into my last 10-12 pounds that I want to lose. Of course, with the summer come all those weddings with wonderful reception foods, like last night! Ohhh, it was soooo good. Much of it fit into my diet foods, but I couldn't resist the dessert. Oh well, tomorrow starts a new week.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #322  
Jenn

Ravenswood: That is a great start to your Dukan Journey. Well done and it sounds as though you have found some good recipes already. Enjoy the vegies.

First: I am eagerly awaiting the rest of my results. They should be available today, but I have to wait for the next appointment to get told them. Sigh.

You are so close to you target now and with additional exercise sounds like it is not far away. How is your neighbour going with the Dukan!

I am a bit sore after my workout the other day, but will give the next sessiona go. I've cleaned out the spare room a bit to allow my own treadmill to be useable so no excuses even if the weather stays bad. Just need to get out of my beautiful, amazingly comfortable bed a bit more often lol!

Dukan on lovelies and catch up with you all soon.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #323  

Electro! Thank you!
Naturally being in Japan I drink my weight's worth of green tea a week but I'll defiantly try the asparagus!
Congratulations on your progress so far! you are doing great!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #324  
Jenn

lol Pink! Japan, I knew that but - did it click when I said that - nooooo!

Hopefully it is going well!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #325  

Tee hee
Not Japan for long though... moving back to England in 2 months \o/
Hopefully I'll be looking stunning for all the leaving parties...

the Diet has gone well so far... I did 3 days of attack and started cruise today. Last time I did Dukan I weighed in everday but I'm trying to avoid that - I'm hoping to stay off the scales for a while and be pleasantly surprised when I eventually do step on... (I hope)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey, everyone! I'm jumping in. My cousins recommended this diet to me, & I started yesterday.

I do have some questions about what I can & can't eat, but I guess I will have to go through this [long] thread, & read some tips & tricks!!

Good luck, everyone, & hope to get to know all of you more
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #327  
Jenn

I seem to be losing posts all over the place today!

So here goes for a second time.

Welcome Smith - jump right in. If you don't have the book you could try mydukandiet.com for a list of allowed foods and some recipes for the different phases. You can also use dukandiet.com (there is a UK version as well) to calculate your attack phase and estimated length of cruise. It's fun and it is free, you do not have to sign up for the coaching to get it.

Pink - you will look amazing for the farewell, but even more amazing when you are back in the UK! So glad the restart is working for you.

Well, I did some more running tonight - on the treadmill. It is getting colder here and I am not as well insulated as I was before - lol!

I really do have to add the exercise in properly so that I can get these last few pounds off and start consolidation. Am looking forward to eventually getting to those celebration meals!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #328  

Electro: I agree. It seems like the exercise is needed after the initial drop in weight from diet change. I'm not an exercise-lover, but it is warming up here, Minnesota, USA, so am looking forward to getting in the pool and doing some outdoor walking. Hoping to drop those last 10 pounds.

Welcome to you, Smith! I heard about the diet, bought the book and read it in a week, and jumped right in. It was recommended to read the entire book before really starting so that you know what you're getting into. However, if you don't have the book, the website gives great info, too. Checking in here will give you the encouragement you need from those who have "been there, done that!"
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, Electro & firstdiet!
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #330  
Jenn

No probs Smith! You have recorded a drop on your ticker! Woot woot! Our stats sound similar for our start except I wear heels to get to 5'9.

First, you may need to keep reminding me of my initial enthusiasm because exercise and I are not friends and my bed is wArm when I get up in the dark for work and home in time to turn the lights on.

It's the weekend here or at least Friday night. I weigh in tomorrow. Progress is slow these days and I expect slow weeks at certain times, but hopefully I am on track. Fingers crossed!