Old 07-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Doug,

I don't know about building up an immunity but certainly sometimes we seem to lose weight easier than others. When I was on Cruise, I'd have a week when the weight would just fall off me and then a week when NOTHING would happen - and it didn't always seem to be hormone related. I think you just have to keep on plugging away during the plateaux. I did used to try and up my exercise and that often seemed to help get things going again. Also, as you approach your TW, I think it often gets a little harder to drop those last few pounds.

I have heard some discussion about the dairy and different books. In my book (UK one) dairy is limited to 2 lbs per day (or equivalent liquid). I believe in the US one it is unlimited. I have heard that for some people too much dairy does slow them down so I think that 2lbs is a sensible compromise. Perhaps you could try that? I had quite a bit of yoghurt in Cruise (probably 1lb per day) but not a lot of other dairy most days.

I hope that helps and good luck!

Also, welcome to locastella! I am glad you can eat yoghurt - for me it was definitely a main-stay of the diet.
Filcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Warm Welcome

It is lovely to see how friendly people on this thread are. I have posted questions on several others with no response whatsoever. I am looking forward to the support offered and being able to help someone else in return.
locastella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

locstella...I am just starting this too and Dukan People seem to be very nice and helpful!!

So, it's official...today is ATTACK Day 1...I cooked and cooked chicken and turkey this weekend and then froze them in small containers so I can just grab and go.

I am wondering about "crunch". I was thinking I could do celery but I that might get borning...maybe sprinkle with some Dash?????

I don't think I will be exercising today - 107 degrees F here today and I don't have air conditioning. Maybe I will just wiggle my toes alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later - gotta work now.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Isles; 07-16-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #19  

I am starting attack on the 22 or 23. I have doubts about only protein, I am not much of a meat eater but I guess that is about to change! Thank god for eggs and yogurt. I am pretty sure they will save me

Good luck Isles, at 107 degrees I think I would eat the chicken still frozen lol
Old 07-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #20  

Quote:
Good luck Isles, at 107 degrees I think I would eat the chicken still frozen lol
locastella: I laughed at that one. I am at work now - I am cool.

I don't (didn't) eat much protein either but am hoping it will "spark" my body into action.

I do like that I can eat without counting calories...just never been successful at that.

I did realize today I may need to pack snacks too... Didn't really think of it until today when I just had my ALL protein lunch.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #21  

Day 2 and so far so good!!

According to Dukan I am to be on Attack for 4 days. I may have to do a Cruise day in there as I have a working lunch meeting this week.

I will make it....I wish I could bottle my excitement that I am having now to use later when I could use encouragement.

Off to have
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #22  

Day 2 is going well....I am really tired but that is probably from the heat.

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #23  

Good to hear that you are forging ahead Isles. I have not ingested a carb, except for vegetables for over three weeks now. I am just waiting until next week after a wedding to get structured. I think I will have quite a time with the PP days, especially attack. Five days of no vegetables!

So I will enjoy every vegetable until July 23. Once I can alternate I think it should not be too hard. I guess I will see.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 82/63/65 kg

Height: 160 cm

Hi everyone,

It's so wonderful to see new people joining and keeping this forum alive. I found it so inspirational and helpful, especially in the early days and it's a great place to exchange ideas and share experiences.

Doug, I'm not sure if you've reached your target weight and now maintaining or still trying to lose. I think throughout the diet you'll have perios of stagnating, we've all been through it. I found that cutting down the tolerated foods and increasing excercise and water helped. I know the diet is promoted as unlimited quantities of the allowed foods but I didn't follow that literaly, you need to still be mindful of quantities. As for dairy, I agree with Filcha's comments.

Welcome Isles and I hope you have much success with the diet. It really is easy to follow and once you're off Attack and can have vegetables it gets easier.

Locastella, the Attack phase wasn't my favourite and I craved vegetables by the 5th day but it's a distant memory now and once I was alternating PV & PP days it was a breeze.

Keep up the good work everyone it really is worth it

Anna
amak30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #25  

Which Cruise did each of you use? PP/PV - everyother day or so many days off so many days on? Dukan (in the book) said he thinks everyother day works best for most but just an curious what you found worked for you.

Well day three and all is well. I should be on Attack for four days but tomorrow I have a work lunch...What do you think...taco salad?? Just lettuce and meat. They don't put the salsa or anything on it just bring the stuff as a side so I can control that.

Since tomorrow will be a Cruise day I will do an extra Attack day after that...as I am typing this I am realizing how easy this can be.

I am hoping for a quiet weekend at home so I can read somemore of the book. I really love the gallete....I wish we could have "unlimited" of those!!!

Off to have I have been at work for two hours already and need a pick me up.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #26  

Hi Isles
Good to hear that you're doing well

I did alternating PP/PV days and it worked very well for me so I did the same pattern for all of cruise

I know others had just as much success with different variations and I guess you have to take into account your commitments from time to time and tailor it to suit your needs.
Anna
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #27  

Good Morning....today is day 4.... I was hungry this morning. Usually I am not.

Maybe I just didn't eat enough for dinner last night?

I have my Cruise grocery list ready....excited

Later..
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,

I was away for a few days last week but back now. I did put on a little weight while I was away - lost some then sabotaged myself last night with a greasy, salty kebab. This one was particularly bad and I am seriously regretting it. So up again this morning to 60.8k. Still under my TW but it shows I do need a little buffer!

To those asking about Cruise pattern. I varied my pattern to fit in with my social life but it was basically 1/1 but there were also 2/1, 2/2 or 1/2. Occasionally there was a run of 3 PVs if it was required. Anna seemed to lose a bit faster than me by sticking to the 1/1 but I think if varying the pattern will help you stay on the diet then it is definitely worth it!
Filcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #29  

Hi, all....weekend was a hard one...first it was 102 each day so I didn't move around much - mostly did computer work. Went out to eat Sunday - had an omelet but still................

How are you doing this - to tell people or not???????????? Number one I don't want to tell I am doing Dukan just because of some people think it is too radical. Of course, they haven't read the book either !!!

Second, and probably my BIGGEST issue is I don't want anyone to know I am dieting - in case I fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW....got that out!!! Never wanted to admit that.

I am seeing a doctor for my thyroid. It basically had stopped working so we are trying to fix that. Wonder if anyone would believe I can't eat carbs because of my thyroid....

Back on track today....egg whites and ham for breakfast and for lunch.

Then to the fitness center after work.

As usual - time for
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #30  

Filcha, Where did you go?
Don't feel guilty it's ok to have treats now and then and I find that when I do, I'm just a bit careful over the next couple of days and that works well for me. I do very well during the week at work and not so good on the weekend but I'm finding that it evens itself out week by week.
I am two weeks away from stabilazation and I know I'm not putting the weight back on because this is so easy now.

Isles, I know exactly what you mean about deciding whether to tell people or not. I didn't at first but I then found it easier once I told people because by then people were noticing and once I told them what I was doing, they were very interested. Also, once you put it out there and people are noticing, you'll start getting compliments and this will actually help you to stay on track.
Have you had a thyroid problem for a while? I hope you get it under control. does it affect what you can eat on this diet?

Stick with it, it will be worth it
Anna