Help Please - Dukan Diet

• Hi everyone, i'm new to this site and this diet, i'm just after some help and ideas on what to do with the oat bran?? i have a really sweet tooth so am i little worried about doing this diet, but considering i can't stick to normal low fat diets i thought i give this a go.

Also, if you could give me so meal ideas too i would be very greatful, thank you in advance xx

Claire
  • Hi, I'm new too and also have a sweet tooth but Ive found that if I add sweetner and cinammon to the pancake its plenty sweet enough... How are you doing? Ive lost 9.5lbs in 2 weeks - cant find anyone else from the UK on here!
  • Yoghurt is a lifesaver, I reckon. I haven't properly started yet (going away this week!) but yog with nutmeg is a better replacement for fruit at dessert, I think!
  • Other things to do eith the oatbran..

Mix a tablespoon in with non-fat yoghurt for breakfast...

Make oatbran porridge with some skim milk.

Make oat-bran muffins. Search this site for some recipes.
  • UK all the way!

Yoghurt with nutmeg is a good shout. Also, I'm looking forward to trying the oat bran cookies on mydukandiet.com - check them out (I wasn't allowed to post a link).
  • New here today and I am so pleased to find people using the Dukan Diet. Have done some reading of postings, and feel that there is good support and encouragement here. I look forward to getting to know you!
  • oat bran bread
    2 tbls oatbran
    1 tbls wheat bran
    11/2 teasp baking powder
    1 teasp xanthan gum optional
    1 tbls yoghurt
    1 egg
    mix well tog , put in small rectangular dish
    microwave on high 2 mins turn over micro 1 min
    leave to cool then slice longways through the middle to get 2 slices then toast
    neutral enough taste to be sweet or savoury sandwiches, texture as close as bread as can be
  • Dukan Diet Main Thread?
    Was wondering if this was the main thread for the Dukan Diet?

Was on Ideal Protein for quite awhile had great success, 107lbs. Also created by a French doctor. But going back on IP packets and phase 1 to get rid of some creeper pounds is killing me. I just want to eat regular food!

Is there a big following of the Dukan Diet, with support and information of the phases, Attack, Cruise, Consolidation and Stabilization?

This was a great community while on the Ideal Protein diet, which had a big following. Hopefully the same for the Dukan Diet.
  • I've been on the Dukan diet for about a week. Today was my first day on the Cruise phase and I tried a recipe with shirataki noodles - they have very little carbs and are an allowed food. I made a little "stir fry" with salmon, green leafy vegetables, garlic, ginger, a bit of soy sauce and shirataki noodles. It was a great substitute. During the attack phase I actually had jell-o for the first time in over 10 years. I didn't eat much of it, but it really helped from a flavor perspective and made the attack phase a little easier.
  • Less4more, I don't know if you've found the main Dukan thread - but please join us.
  • Hi Douger!
    Congrats on your loss - amazing! (I kind of want to see before and after pictures)..

I was on IP for about 6-7 weeks before switching, I couldn't stand most of their foods. I think you'll like the Dukan philosophy (which is very similar to IP, only, as you stated uses "real food")

I too would like to see a dedicated Dukan Diet spot.. does anyone know if that's possible?
  • The most recent Dukan thread, which was Support Thread 2, was just closed because it passed the 500 post limit. We'd love for a Dukan follower to start a 3rd thread and get the ball rolling again