Belly Fat Cure 2011 1

You're on Page 13 of 23
Go to
  • Quote: Then on to Yogurt Mountain for Yogurt with Blueberries, Blackberries and Strawberries. Oh, and a Brownie shared with a five year old. Doesn't get much lower than that. Praying to do better tomorrow and thereafter! Amazed at how bloated I feel!
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have an occasional day when we just say to heck with it and binge. Actually, you weren't doing so badly until the yogurt. When I go to McDonalds, I ask for the burger without onions or bread... they will make it for you that way, and then you can have a small order of fries. If you carry your sweetener with you, you can get unsweetened tea and use what you have with you. The dinner sounds fine, unless there was some sugary coating on the fish. Not that I'm an expert on this, but it sounds to me as though you haven't completely cleared your system of sugar. Once you do that, things will get much much easier.

Give yourself a break, and like BCL said, just get back on program tomorrow.

Stay strong and choose well!
  • Quote: We all have an occasional day when we just say to heck with it and binge.
    I disagree with this - it is not true for me. You may think I'm a hardliner, but I have not ONCE in the 8 months on this diet said "to heck with it." I have certainly made mistakes and committed a couple acts of willful disobedience but I have not thrown the plan out the window and binged on carbs/sugar. Taking meals or days off is not compatible with a low-carb/low-sugar diet; real physiological changes result that can take days to correct. (Unlike calorie restriction plans, a day off is not expected, encouraged, or beneficial.) Jorge even says this in the book - there are no days off.

Joislpd264, I am not saying this to point my finger or blame you for your off-day. I am saying this to encourage and empower you! You CAN stay on plan and be satisfied! It is all up to you. I agree with fitchy that you probably haven't completely broken your sugar addiction yet. Once you have it totally out of your system it will be SO MUCH easier to stay on-plan and pass up sweet drinks and desserts and such. They literally do not even tempt me any more, although it took me a few months to fully get there. Every time you give in and eat too much sugar you are prolonging the period where your brain, which is trying to stay on plan, is fighting your body, which is begging for sugar. After you get through that period your brain and body will be united in their wants - to create a healthier body! Sugar will be a desire of the past. Today is a new day for you to work toward that end and I KNOW you can do it!
  • This am I am down to the lowest in 5 years!
  • ERHR, great advise and it really hit home for me. You are so right and I myself am still struggling with the sugar thing. I know I will never completely give it up, but I am trying. Who knows maybe I will make it. You are certainly someone who knows, look how far you have come. You inspire me so!
  • Figured out why I fell off the wagon so hard this weekend. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Having my left bicep tendon severed and the tendon will be anchored to a hole drilled through the bone and connected on the other side. Guess my nerves got the best of me!
  • Joislpd264 stop beating yourself up, just get back on the plan. Try going for a walk or some other exercise when you are stressed or just eat some really great veggie snacks. Good Luck with your surgery.
  • Quote: I have certainly made mistakes and committed a couple acts of willful disobedience but I have not thrown the plan out the window and binged on carbs/sugar. Taking meals or days off is not compatible with a low-carb/low-sugar diet; real physiological changes result that can take days to correct. (Unlike calorie restriction plans, a day off is not expected, encouraged, or beneficial.)
    I agree wholeheartedly with everything ERHR said, and I wish I had chosen my words more carefully. I was trying to be supportive but should have avoided the word 'binge'. I, too, am a hardliner on low carb plans, but I watched my daughter try and fail over and over for months before she was able to entirely give up the carbs, especially the sugar. She was a binge eater, and that is a very difficult challenge to overcome. Once she was finally able to give up the sugar, though, she stayed on track and lost 80 pounds... And in the process she has become a wonderful cook who makes nutritious and delicious meals for her family every day. She has successfully kept the weight off for nearly a year now, but she struggled so much in the beginning that I thought she'd never be able to do it.

Joislpd264 just don't give up when you have a bad day. This is really a way of life that will eventually be much easier to follow than calorie counting, but you must must must get rid of the sugar. Do the best you can, and remember it's all about choices. We have to choose to live well, every day. It is so worth it!
  • I wish I could figure out why I am not motivated to exercise. Ugh! 2 weeks ago I wouldnt of missed a day at the gym, this week (and last) I have to fight myself to go. (only went twice in 2 weeks). I have been sticking to plan for eating, but without a workout I dont see much results with weight loss on this plan. Having said all that...Ive not weighed in 2 weeks. (scared).

Hopefully I will make it to Zumba tonight and have the courage to weigh tomorrow. Anyone else have ideas on how to make exercise a habit that you want to do? I am so darn fickle with it.
  • I'm hot and cold with exercise too. What seems to work best for me is setting a clear goal - X days working out this month, with a certain proportion of running, weights, and tennis - and tracking it visually. I use my whiteboard at home and color in a box for every day I work out, color-coded for the type of workout. Knowing I get to color in that box and that I'll post a pic of my whiteboard at the end of the month motivates me to get it done.
  • The only thing I can say is try to do Something every day. I've been incorporating 15 minute walks during my workday. I do 2 a day, and they are a mile each, but with hills. I know it's not much, but it makes a difference and I can usually get in a couple of 5 mile walks a week from home. Looking forward to joining the local rec center after I move my son into his college dorm tomorrow. I hope to be motivated to go there 3 times a week as I'll have more time for ME.

Maybe if you vary your activities you'll be more prone to keep moving. Our bodies love to exercise - we just have to MAKE it a priority.
  • A Thought for today"If we never take steps back instead of forward, THINK how for we would be now." I would have been at my goal weight of 165, 160; 15 years ago. More the less, I would be there today enjoying that wonderful feeling of reaching that BIG waassh!
  • Hi all! I'm new here but have been on the BFC for two weeks now. I've lost 3 lbs which doesn't seem like much I know but I'm encouraged by the fact that I don't feel hungry or deprived so that's a plus! However I feel like i'm eating a LOT of salt. deli meat, cheese, etc. I already probably ate too much in my regular eating habits so I would love some ideas as to what to eat for main dishes and snacks that aren't as salty. thanks everyone~~
  • SpunkyA,

So glad to have you join us. Congrats on the 3lbs., It is something and the fact is that you did not gain. I go by the recipes in the book most of the time, it helps keep me focused. Good Luck!
  • Thanks all for your feedback-all great ideas. ERHR...wow! I am just not that organized but good for you being so!!!

I made it to zumba last night- yay! Busy for the next few days so not much room in my days for a workout.

Next week here is my plan:
    Monday- gym cardio- hour jog goal to run 5 miles in an hour- I used to run 5.8 in an hour two years ago. Then stopped and gained weight. Am running 4.8 currently.
    Tuesday -gym strength trainin
    Wed- zumba
    Thurs- Strength training
    Friday- cardio- another run

I figure maybe if I write here- it will help with accountability!
  • Eineys mom,
    Sounds great and it looks as though you are a real motivator
    Thanks I can really use it. I love your idea and I will follow your lead.
    I am challenging all you BFC chicks to add exercise and post it for accountability. I love zumba!

Next Week For me:

Monday- walk 3 miles
    Tuesday-Zumba
    Wednesday-walk 3 miles
    Thursday-Zumba
    Friday- walk 3 miles