Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

No one seems to have posted here in a while but I was wondering if anyone is still following this diet plan. I am interested in trying it out but a little concerned about breakfast and the no fruit rule. Is there anyone who is having success and eating a small amount of fruit (I have 2-3 servings a day mainly berries and apples).

My main concern for breakfasts is that I am not a huge fan of eggs and can't have most protein supplements because they contain sweeteners. So what do you eat for breakfast?
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I eat turkey burgers and salmon burgers that I get from Costco. Hopefully you have an equivalent store. I usually have beans and kale or spinach (I have a recipe), too, or lentils. I do like eggs so I often have an egg on top, but it's not necessary. You can have leftovers from dinner--whatever gives you the big protein boost in the morning.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #48  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

I've recently re-started the 4HB diet, last Thursday. It's hard to give up carbs and I feel restless after meals, and unproductive/lazy. From experience I know that it'll get better. I'm on my 6th day. Very eager for Saturday.

--DeterminedLisa
DeterminedLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #49  

Hello Miss Pixie,
Sounds like you've been very on-plan. Way to go.

When you get the supplements and try them out, I'll be interested to hear whether you feel they're noticeably helping you.

I have concerns about the cheat day extreme that the plan recommends - for so many reasons, and I'm right there with you about not going crazy.
The one thing I think is good about the cheat day is that it gives you repeated practice returning to low-carb eating, immediately after falling off the wagon. In that sense, it's a controlled form of falling off the wagon, where you practice getting back on, until it becomes a routine skill.

DeterminedLisa
Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #50  

Default Easing into the plan

Hi everyone

I wanted to try this plan because it lets you have beans and wine.
I had trouble with most low carb plans because of the restrictions on beans and fruit generally. I know you still can't have fruit and that will be tough for me. When I eat mexican dishes that just include beans meat and veggies I'm full for hours afterwards. That's why I'm hoping I can make this plan work for me.

I need to do something I'm a total sugar and white flour addict. I've modified the plan to start by eating a high fiber cereal with almond milk and berries. I also eat eggs in the morning if I have time. I can see from the posts that most people struggle with breakfast. I don't cook much so its going to take me a bit to get up to speed on this diet.

I've been easing into this diet since last week I can already see my cravings for crackers, cookies and candy dissipating. I haven't been restrictive enough to incorporate a cheat day yet.

I'm so glad to see posts for this diet. I was hoping I could find a buddy to join me on this plan.
sorrybucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #51  

Hello Bucky,

Welcome and good luck with the 4HB plan.
If you can get used to having lunch/dinner leftovers for breakfast, it'll be more convenient. A lot of the human race eats nearly the same cuisine for breakfast as they do for lunch or dinner, so it's only weird if we feel it's weird.

DeterminedLisa
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #52  

Default Thank you Determined Lisa

Thank you for the point about lunch and diner foods. Its still hard to get used to. I was thinking of trying fish cakes that someone had mentioned previously.
That might help me avoid overdosing on eggs. Someone also suggested a tomato cucumber salad for breakfast with oil and vinegar.

I'm still eating too many carbs but I'll get there.
sorrybucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #53  
Mii

S/C/G: 230/200/135

Height: 5'9"

I read the book a while ago and experimented with it VERY briefly.

Now I'm looking to get my hands on it again (or at least look up the guidelines).

The only thing that threw me off the first time was the PAGG stack; garlic made me nauseous (threw up) and the green tea extract made me jittery / sick. ALA ripped my stomach up and I felt intense pain! Also the supps were quite pricey - I know select GNCs sell the stack for something like $60!

Anyways, looking for the right weight for kettle bell swings - I've been playing around w/ low carb (salads, kale+egg omelettes, beans and water) and want to get more serious (cut out carb cheating / protein bars).

Will try salmon burgers in the AM w/o eggs.
Mii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #54  

Hello Mii,
I have always skipped most of the PAGG stack because I can't handle the caffeine or the garlic. De-odorized garlic is false advertising. I never had stomach trouble with the ALA so that's one of the ones I kept up.

What matters most to me is setting a daily routine for when I consume carbs. If I eat some extra carbs one day, I crave them more on the next day at the same time that I ate the before. For about a year I was totally free of evening snacks and evening cravings. Unfortunately it didn't last forever and I'm back to struggling after dinner.

I hope it goes really well (and I hope you discover great insights to share with others).