Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Lisa every pound counts Right now I am celebratings each lb quite vocally since I had a stuck where I played with the same lbs over and over (I did lose just -- lots slower for a bit).
Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Rho, yes every pound is a celebration, to some extent I consider no gain a good sign, but not for too long

Hoping the exercise I am adding will help to that end.

Lisa
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 237/216.8/160

Height: 5'3"

just checking in. No weight loss this week, but still feeling good.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #469  
LLV

I don't follow any plans either and I don't like rules, so I make my own. And it's pretty simple, I've cut my carb intake by more than half. Mostly because I have sugar issues, but also to try and drop a few pounds. I lost 80 pounds counting calories. But that was before I went on an anti-anxiety drug and ended up putting 30 back on. I'm off the drug now, but since taking it it's nearly impossible to lose the weight back off and just plain old calorie counting isn't getting it anymore.

Except I have no appetite. My first couple of days I felt like I was starving and now I sometimes don't feel like eating at all. I've read that it's fairly normal, when you're eating low carb (which means higher protein) for your appetite to decrease. They weren't kidding.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #470  

S/C/G: 236/212/190

Height: 5'5"

Decreased appetite is one of the main reasons I love low(er) carb.

I didn't post Sunday, my usual weigh-in day, because I was rethinking my "plan." No weight loss the last week, and I was just starting to feel confined, constricted, constrained (you get the picture), which in the past has been a death knell to my dieting efforts. So I've shaken things up just a bit. Actually, when I look at what I've been eating, I haven't really changed much but it feels like I have, and that's enough to keep me going.

I hope everyone's doing well.

Sharon
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Hi all - just checking in - had my best ever day Monday then by Monday afternoon was sick sick sick - the worst sore throat ever followed by coughing my lungs out and gurgling.... Haven't stepped on the scale since - and worse yet gave in yesterday and had a Big Mac - hubs was getting ready for a weekend trip and it was fast and easy and would fill up the empty from not eating all day. Yesterday I had a few minutes of feeling better then feeling really crummy - and coughing so hard I threw up...

I haven't done any walking in place and even though I heed more water I havent been drinking as much as usual --- so all in all I'm scared to even look at the scale as I walk by it ...

I'm so disappointed in myself it was the first OP meal since last Year..... Food delivery today and will make Chinese Chicken Soup to have over the weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #472  

I found this recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza that is delicious. Thought I would share with you all. It's excellent!! everythingtasty.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #473  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Hi all - just checking in - had my best ever day Monday then by Monday afternoon was sick sick sick - the worst sore throat ever followed by coughing my lungs out and gurgling.... Haven't stepped on the scale since - and worse yet gave in yesterday and had a Big Mac - hubs was getting ready for a weekend trip and it was fast and easy and would fill up the empty from not eating all day. Yesterday I had a few minutes of feeling better then feeling really crummy - and coughing so hard I threw up...

I haven't done any walking in place and even though I heed more water I havent been drinking as much as usual --- so all in all I'm scared to even look at the scale as I walk by it ...

I'm so disappointed in myself it was the first OP meal since last Year..... Food delivery today and will make Chinese Chicken Soup to have over the weekend.
Don't be disappointed in yourself, it happens to all of us. I don't know how many carbs you stick to per day, but if the Big Mac (I love those blasted things) is all you ate, you're still under 50 grams.

If it will make you feel any better, I'm eating pizza tonight

So today for lunch I'm eating chicken and green beans and had an egg for breakfast.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #474  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretagargo View Post
I found this recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza that is delicious. Thought I would share with you all. It's excellent!! everythingtasty.blogspot.com
Awesome! Thank you so much. Maybe next Friday night I'll do this instead of ordering out like we're doing tonight, lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #475  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Hey everybody.

Today is my weigh in day and I am down a little. (1-3/4 lb) Considering the ham and Easter candy bloat I suffered through all week; I was happy to see a loss, any loss will do.

I just cant do that cauliflower crust or even the potatoes. I have tried. Ever heard of a super taster? My dd and I are both supertasters with texture issues, too. The taste of the cauliflower is not even as bad as the texture. I can handle the cream cheese and egg crust because the taste is better even though the texture isn't right. I have even made a sort of meatloaf under pizza toppings and all the kids like both of those low carb work arounds.

But, for a sudden pizza craving I usually put less than a teaspoon of sauce on top of a thin slice of the larger sandwich size pepperoni, sprinkle on some cheese and melt in the microwave. Under 50 calories and it almost always works until the weekend cheat day pizza. It is one of the things that makes my must have list every cheat day.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #476  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
Hey everybody.

Today is my weigh in day and I am down a little. (1-3/4 lb) Considering the ham and Easter candy bloat I suffered through all week; I was happy to see a loss, any loss will do.

I just cant do that cauliflower crust or even the potatoes. I have tried. Ever heard of a super taster? My dd and I are both supertasters with texture issues, too. The taste of the cauliflower is not even as bad as the texture. I can handle the cream cheese and egg crust because the taste is better even though the texture isn't right. I have even made a sort of meatloaf under pizza toppings and all the kids like both of those low carb work arounds.

But, for a sudden pizza craving I usually put less than a teaspoon of sauce on top of a thin slice of the larger sandwich size pepperoni, sprinkle on some cheese and melt in the microwave. Under 50 calories and it almost always works until the weekend cheat day pizza. It is one of the things that makes my must have list every cheat day.
I'm willing to try the cauliflower crust, so I'll give a shot sometime soon, but a friend of mine uses this recipe, making the crust from cheese -

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/thinandcrispy_pizza.html

I haven't tried this yet, but I might give it a go one day. Still, there's nothing better than sinking your teeth into an actual pizza, so finding something substantial to take its place is rather tough.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #477  

I made pizza last night with Joseph's low carb oat bran, flax, and whole wheat pita pockets. I brushed it with olive oil, sprinkled a little parmesan cheese and italian seasoning on it and baked it for 10 min. to crisp up the crust. Then I used low carb pizza sauce, pizza cheese, mushroom and pepperoni and baked again till cheese was melted. YUMMY.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #478  

Still going to try the cauliflower pizza crust though. Love to try new recipes. Going to try Kale chips this weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #479  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Definitely try the cauliflower crust. I didn't like it, but 3/5 of our family did. I haven't ever tried a cheese crust...sounds promising. I have heard that almond flour works well. Haven't tried that yet, either.

Last edited by mariposssa; 04-13-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Hi all,

Weigh in day, down another pound. Started the kettle bell workouts this week, oh my did I feel it. Hoping this will get some of those stubborn pounds off. Yesterday I did a combined hour and 45 minute work out, treadmill for 1/2 an hour, walking another 1/2 an hour & 45 minutes of kettle bell/stretching workout. Plan on getting another hour + in tomorrow of kettle bell, treadmill and washing & drying my car.

I have a low carb pizza recipe that is more like a casserole, it is made with eggs, cream cheese & Parmesan cheese for the bottom crust (not really not much of a real crust, but it is darn close). I then top with some type of meat, usually pork or chicken sausage, small bit of low carb marinara sauce, mushrooms, spinich, roasted peppers, olives, and then layer with cheese.

Will check back in this weekend,

Lisa
Closed Thread