Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #16  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I don't have the book with me to check, but pork tenderloin is not really that high fat - pork tenderloin is comparable to chicken breast.

Personally, I'd say that as long as you stay away from the sauces and bread along with it, it should be ok.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/180/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I am also on Dukan, on Phase 2 now. Had 3 days of attack phase and fell off the wagon a little on Friday, but better now. Also having some constipation problems. And need to work in some exercise somewhere. Glad to find others on it too.
poptart627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #18  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

ok..finally starting today!! so nervous...fearfull..anxious...wahhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhh hh...okay.. i think i feel a little better
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #19  
Dukanista

I'm on Day 4 - so far, so good! I'm waiting for a full week of Attack before an official WI but I couldn't resist and checked this morning and am seeing downward movement on the scale!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #20  
Porthardygurl

Yay! so happy for you April..im supposed to start today but i realized "i dont have oatbran.. i forgot to buy some yesterday" and my fridge is stocked with my favorite ice cream and all the bad things that i shoudnt have ngand im staaaaaaarving right now...and i have less that 20 minutes to get me and my kid down to our appointment..I wonder if i should just throw everything out and start tommorow when i have my oatbran readily available and im set up for success?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #21  
Dukanista

Thanks Porthardygurl!!

I would wait until you have the oat bran to start - aside from the fact that Dukan says it's a major component of the diet, I found that it really filled me up and I also didn't get that same icky sick feelings I get when I've tried other low carb plans.

I recommend making what he calls a "gallette" - which is really a pancake. Beat up one egg, add in about 1 tsp of ff yogurt and then beat in 1.5 TBS of oat bran. I add a pack of splenda and cinnamon. I cook it for about 3 minutes on each side in a little fry pan with a spray of Pam. They are really good and for me, knowing that I am starting the day on plan like that helps keep me going for the whole day.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #22  
Porthardygurl

mmm sounds good.. I went out and bought my oat bran today and i am eating the last of the ben and jerrys as we speak..as of midnight..no more of anything except eating on plan...how many days are you on now april? hows your success so far?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #23  
Dukanista

I am on Day 5 today. I think it's going very well in terms of being able to stay on play very easily. I am looking forward to moving into the Cruise phase and getting to add in veggies for some variety but I'm not having any cravings or anything. I've even made it through a couple of work parties and was able to easily resist those treats, plus the stuff I have around the house for my kid (almost 7 year old).

I think a major, major thing is that you never have to let yourself get hungry. Any time you are hungry, you can eat, as long as it's on the allowed food list.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #24  
Porthardygurl

Yah..im on day 1 and ive made the chocolat creme out of the book...interested to try it..and made some kool-aid geletine out of splenda and knox jello packets.. So..hopefully it will help me get through the ect? cravings..have you weighed yourself yet? I weighed myself at the start of the day and asked my hunny to take away my scale for a week so i dont weigh myself and get discouraged..but it sucks cause TOM is looming around the corner..which means water gain...boo !
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #25  
Dukanista

good for you, Porthardygurl!!

I did go ahead and weigh today, too curious! I'm down over 3 lbs, which is great but not necessarily as dramatic as the first week I thinking i might have. 2 more days to go to finish up this week, though, so we'll see what happens!

I had some sugar free jello yesterday too - it is nice to have that option for when you really want something sweet, although that was actually the first time I had wanted some since I started.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #26  
Porthardygurl

Well that sucks..neither desserts worked out..my geletine didnt set and my chocolate creme didnt set either..so boo to that!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #27  
Dukanista

Sorry the desserts didn't work, Porthardygurl!

I posted on the other thread that I'm down 5.2 for the week with one more day to go. So hang in there, I am sure you will have an amazing first week!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 328/265

Height: 5'10

Red face 3rd Day of Dukan Attack Phase

Hello! I am new to the forum and I am looking for others who are on the diet as well. Its the morning of the third day and I couldnt resist weighing myself. I am down 5lbs but i know its all water weight because I run to the bathroom ever half hour

Having trouble keeping things tasty... anyone have any ideas for a sauce to go with extra lean pork tenderloin, ground sirloin, or chicken breast? Lately I have been doing a mix of fat free sour cream and Dijon mustard with various spices thrown in. Its pretty good but getting old fast.

Last edited by emborrego; 06-12-2011 at 01:26 PM.
emborrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm going for a change in eating, and am following Dukan as of tomorrow! Got my oatbran and meat ready hah

Hope everyone is keeping well!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #30  
Dukanista

Hello emborrego and yossarianlives!!

I've been on Dukan for 3 weeks and am loving it. I find it super easy to follow and I haven't been tempted to go off plan at all. For me, the biggest thing is drinking TONS of water and making sure I always have on plan food available and I never let myself get hungry.

emborrego, that's fantastic that you are down 5 lbs already, wow!! I don't tend to use a lot of sauces even when I'm not on a diet but I do use greek yogurt a lot, with various spices added into that. I love making a fake tzatziki with greek yogurt, a little bit of cucumber (allowed as a condiment) and lots of garlic and a little salt and pepper. It makes a yummy sauce (cold) that I have with salmon or grilled chicken.