Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Default BFC and Yogurt?

Is there any good yogurt to eat on the BFC program? I have gotten so used to my morning yogurt and nuts as a snack and am thinking I will have to replace it due to the sugar/artificial sweeteners.
alwaysinging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinging View Post
Is there any good yogurt to eat on the BFC program? I have gotten so used to my morning yogurt and nuts as a snack and am thinking I will have to replace it due to the sugar/artificial sweeteners.
We all know yogurt has tons of sugar. I would check into plain yogurt and add some stevia or truvia if you need it to be sweet.

You could also buy Greek Yogurt; the one I buy has 9 g sugar per 8 oz, so I just use a couple TB .

Doing it that way you could add some truvia sweetener and 3 berries, maybe crush them up or blend it up.

I guess if it was a snack you could do 3 blue berries and maybe 4 oz of the Greek yogurt.

HTH!!

chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #3  

I re-read the book and it says FAGE Greek yogurt, which the plain variety has 5g of sugar, I think. I couldn't find it at Kroger, but I think Meijer has it.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinging View Post
I re-read the book and it says FAGE Greek yogurt, which the plain variety has 5g of sugar, I think. I couldn't find it at Kroger, but I think Meijer has it.
I love Fage. With berries, no need for honey.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

The kind I buy is non fat plain greek yogurt. They sell mixed fruit ones but again, too much sugar. I add 3 or 4 blueberries to mine. The low fat and non fat both have 9g of sugar per 8 oz serving, which is not a lot for 1 serving..especially if you just use it sparingly, like maybe 3 oz with a few blueberries.

http://www.chobani.com/products
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #6  

Chobani is the brand I usually eat, but I thought it had too much sugar. Of course, I usually eat the whole thing...LOL. I will have to measure out a portion and right now I am being REALLY stingy with my sugars and carbs. Maybe when I reach my goal, I will loosen it up a bit.

Last edited by alwaysinging; 08-31-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #7  

Trader Joe's Greek Style 2% fat has 9 grams of carbs and 5 grams of sugar for a cup. I had 1/2 cup with some Nature's Hollow Sugar Free Peach Preserves. (I couldn't find Nature's Hollow locally and mail ordered it directly from them. It was less than on Amazon.)
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

My favorite is Brown Cow Fat Free Greek Yogurt. 4.5 gm carbs and 4.5 gm sugar per half cup.
stilldew is offline   Reply With Quote