Calling all Belly Fat Cure people

• I have a reunion coming up in a little over three weeks. Now, if I were to actually follow the program to the letter, how much weight is a reasonable amount to shed?

How much have you lost with being true to plan?

thanks so much.
  • I am only starting week two-- but in my first week I lost 5 lbs. I would assume that with any other diet you should expect to loose 2 pounds per week.
  • I would go here instead:

http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/f...play.php?fid=1

It is where I am hanging out, zero carbs!! Serious weight loss going on there! I have not joined yet, but I might. I am doing 20 carbs a day now, and I am exploring different ways of eating right now!
  • I just finished week one and lost 5.8 pounds. If you've been eating low already, you would probably not lose that much. I also limit my calories to about 1200 a day.
  • New to the Belly Fat Cure too
    I was glad to find a forum about this diet. As one who does not, in any way, believe in diets as simply a way to lose weight (versus one's daily eating regime) I LOVE this diet. I actually came across it very naturally, by doing research about the various eating patterns of people around the world. I ended up reading about the Paleolithic Diet, based on the eating habits of Paleolithic humans, which led me to Jorge Cruise. Anyway, went to the book store and ended up reading half the damn book while there! So I bought it, and I've been doing it for 1 week so far. I've lost over an inch on my waist line and about 5 pounds, and I have to say it is the simplest thing in the world to follow. Now that said, if you are like me and posses a serious addiction to sugar, it will challenge your will! My wife has been helping me a lot with dealing with my cravings for sugar. I'm happy to say that I have stayed below the 15 grams of sugar allowed per day! It pretty much comes down to cutting out all forms of refined sugar, even just processed sugar, and hidden sugars from your diet. It is ratio-based, as opposed to calorie-based, which makes it ten times easier to follow. The goal is 15/6, which is 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings per day of complex carbs, staying totally away from all simple carbs. I have already noticed more energy, less inflammatory issues and my cravings for sugar are almost gone entirely.

Lastly, the use of "sugar alcohols" has been a fantastic way of weening myself off of sugar. Xylitol is the best! It tastes almost as good as regular sugar and has none of the bitterness of Stevia. In general though, Xylitol, Stevia, and Maltidol are the best of the alcohol sugars.

I would love to chat with others who are doing this diet too. The great thing about the book, which you really should get, is that it is also a cookbook!
  • Quote: I have a reunion coming up in a little over three weeks. Now, if I were to actually follow the program to the letter, how much weight is a reasonable amount to shed?

How much have you lost with being true to plan?

thanks so much.
    If you follow it to the letter, and WATCH YOUR SERVING SIZES, you should lose like 7-10 pounds in the first week.
  • leo, welcome!!! Meet us over on the belly fat cure 2010. They started us with a new thread in december. There are a bunch of people posting there.