Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #16  

Well, I started the plan today. Im going to freeze what grapefruit I have left. Im a bit nervous in reading that Jenny gained weight back when she included fruit back into her diet.

Im going to give it my best shot. If no loss within a week, then I'll know this is not for me.

Breakfast went pretty well. I have a cup of oatmeal, with 1/8 c. walnuts, and rye toast with butter, along with 2 fried eggs. Im full and content. So, that was 1s and 2c.

If I can keep the sugars under control I think I should be fine. I just am amazed at where it is, in so many sneaky places.

I plan on doing some exercise as well, on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Im making soup today to have on had too.

I too love my taters, I think I could live on those babies.

Oh, are you keeping your fat intake down, I mean how much butter are you using? I try not to use too much. Should I worry about that or not?

Wow, I was just looking over at calorie king and searching foods I generally eat. And man, the sugar in the fruits I eat. Now, I see why Im on the heavy side. Its not so much the carbs its the sugar. Gasp!!11

Thanks.

Last edited by cookinmary; 02-23-2010 at 10:51 AM.
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #17  

Default Daily Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmary View Post
Well, I started the plan today. Im going to freeze what grapefruit I have left. Im a bit nervous in reading that Jenny gained weight back when she included fruit back into her diet.

Im going to give it my best shot. If no loss within a week, then I'll know this is not for me.

Breakfast went pretty well. I have a cup of oatmeal, with 1/8 c. walnuts, and rye toast with butter, along with 2 fried eggs. Im full and content. So, that was 1s and 2c.

If I can keep the sugars under control I think I should be fine. I just am amazed at where it is, in so many sneaky places.

I plan on doing some exercise as well, on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Im making soup today to have on had too.

I too love my taters, I think I could live on those babies.

Oh, are you keeping your fat intake down, I mean how much butter are you using? I try not to use too much. Should I worry about that or not?

Thanks.
Hi Cookin!

I don't count anything but sugar and carbs..period. I eat butter daily along with olive oil, canola oil, mayo ....

Everyone is different. Going back to my son, he only does the diet about 1/2 the time and he has lost 25 pounds. He is back drinking sugar (although no HFCs) 16 ounces daily of juice/lemonade. He eats Haagen Daz once a week and he has pizza on the weekends and soda two meals during the weekend. He works out about 40 minutes a day and again, we both Circuit train and he has not gained one pound. But, people's bodies are different. He was on the BFC "hard core" for about the first 3 weeks. In that time, his "tastes" changed and now he can control his "trigger foods". He knows that his favorite fruit punch was sweetened by HFCs and he has not had it in 6 weeks and he will not drink it anymore because he said it made him feel "rotten". He is not a sweets eater either in general like me. We love POTATOES!! *lol*

From your posts, I see that weightloss is your overall goal??? Again, being a huge Dr. Oz fan and listening to people talk about their weightloss and maintenance on his show, I think when we concentrate a great deal on the weightloss and not the overall health and in my humble experience..we are doomed to fail.

Losing the weight is easy. Anyone can lose weight on a diet, but learning to eat for the long haul is what will give you long term success. There is a site and agency that tracks people who have lost 30% or more of their body weight and kept it off for 5 years or more. There are certain things that were consistent with how they managed to keep the weight off..They are mindful of their diet and they exercise. Those are the only two I remember.

Everyone is different and I know I dropped 12 pounds one time eating nothing but melon for 3 days. It was "abusive" now that I look back on it. But I was so focused on getting into this dress, that I lost site of addressing why I gained the weight. Did the 12 pounds loss last? Of course not!

So, I had to figure a way of eating that gave me energy, gave me nutrition and put me in control of my eating. For me, I know that SUGAR IS NOT A FOOD GROUP! *lol* It just is not. I realize I don't like sweets a whole lot and that I was consuming a lot of "sugar", natural sugar" through juice and milk. I learned that there are better alternatives out there that give me more energy and improve my health. There are good fats out there and they are beneficial to my body. Exercise is like taking out insurance. You do it because the payoff now and down the line will be worth it. I am now becoming an intuitive eater and that is something I had never done before a day in my life. My tastes are evolving and I am making good and healthy choices for me.

If BFC does not work for you, hopefully it will lead you to finding the answer that is best for you. Everyone is individual and some "ways of eating" work better for others. So, either way BFC goes for you, I hope you find something that gets you were you want to be!
SistaDiva2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sista! I love your posts and comments...always have!
congrats to you and your son! I am much more aware of my sugar intake thats for sure, I always loved cantaloupe and pineapple, now I limit cantaloupe to once or twice a week and stick to berries more often. I always buy very low sugar yogurt and I still use almond milk especially for shakes and stuff. My perspective on sugar is way different now too! I do have Dr. Oz but I never pay much attention to him...perhaps I should! lol.

Will keep you posted! This last 20 is freaking hard to get off!!!!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #19  

Hey Sista,

Yes, Im all for getting rid of this fat. I have tried other programs and have lost on them, but then went back to how I use to eat.

I even went vegan and had no fats at all. Most weight I ever lost, kept it off for a couple years I guess it was. Then went back to old habits. Gained it back.

So, yes I do agree any eating program will work, if you stick to it.

This is the first time Ive tried a program like this. So in seeing all those recipes in the book with all the fat, we can eat it and still lose weight. Blows my mind away.

Has anyone made any recipes in the book yet? I havent.

I got my soup all made. Will either have it for supper or lunch tomorrow.

How old is your son Sista? Thats great that you both are doing so well. I wish you both the best.

cm
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #20  

Default You are a GEM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
Hey Sista! I love your posts and comments...always have!
congrats to you and your son! I am much more aware of my sugar intake thats for sure, I always loved cantaloupe and pineapple, now I limit cantaloupe to once or twice a week and stick to berries more often. I always buy very low sugar yogurt and I still use almond milk especially for shakes and stuff. My perspective on sugar is way different now too! I do have Dr. Oz but I never pay much attention to him...perhaps I should! lol.

Will keep you posted! This last 20 is freaking hard to get off!!!!
You only have 20 to go! I am looking at your picture and trying to figure out where that 20 is going to come from! You look great!

I have 47 more to go and I am good with that. I am happy that my weight is proportionate (yeah hourglass!).. but I will say that the weight coming off the mid-section is really dropping FAST!...My hubby is even thinking of starting the program..That would truly be a miracle!. He is thin all around, but he has nursed a nice little beer belly for awhile now. He loves SWEETS! So, does my 7 year old and he just took her to the dentist and she has her first cavity. My son and I have no cavities...

How can you resist the charm known as Dr. Oz! I just love his show!! I like how he profiles people who have lost weight almost everyday. It is inspiring to hear other people's stories and it keeps me motivated. I learn a great deal.

My son is doing so well. Again, he does the diet about half the time, but he really has cut his sugar consumption in half and does not touch HFCs. Like you said, refined sugar and HFCs lurk in so many foods and because they are in so many foods, you don't realize how much you are consuming.

I have family members who bake wonderful treats with sugar and I have no problem having a bite or two, but that is where it begins and ends for me. After taking a bit of that mediocre Red Velvet cake; I realize that a "sugar food" has to TRULY be worth it. I don't have aches and pains like I used to. I don't have highs and lows..I don't have this need to keep more coming or being "munchy". I know "get" it. I was a HUGE consumer of milk for drinking and now..I can get all the Vitamin D and Calcium I need through Almond Milk with a little cream for richness.

Have a great day!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #21  

Default Hey Cook! Hang in There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmary View Post
Hey Sista,

Yes, Im all for getting rid of this fat. I have tried other programs and have lost on them, but then went back to how I use to eat.

I even went vegan and had no fats at all. Most weight I ever lost, kept it off for a couple years I guess it was. Then went back to old habits. Gained it back.

So, yes I do agree any eating program will work, if you stick to it.

This is the first time Ive tried a program like this. So in seeing all those recipes in the book with all the fat, we can eat it and still lose weight. Blows my mind away.

Has anyone made any recipes in the book yet? I havent.

I got my soup all made. Will either have it for supper or lunch tomorrow.

How old is your son Sista? Thats great that you both are doing so well. I wish you both the best.

cm
My son is 15 and when I say 6.5 weeks ago, I was really, really considering sending him to a teen weightloss camp; I am not kidding. My husband/his step dad and I were so concerned about him. He was bloated, cranky, mean and seemed to be "defiant" in choosing to mainline Minute Maid fruit punch. He drank HUGE amounts of that mess. He only ate, sugar, fat and carbs. His acne was out of control and he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. He only got exercise when he walked from school to my job which is about 2 blocks and would get "surly" at me for not picking him up.

The first two days of BFC, he was all of the aforementioned and withdrawing from sugar. I remember on Day 2 he said, "I can feel myself withdrawing. This sucks, but I am going to stick with it." By later that evening, he was mellowed out.

By day 3 and (day 8 for me), we started doing Gilad Express Workouts. Each segment is broken into 8 minutes. It is not dancy, but matter of fact old school calisthenics. We both looked like to "Grizzly Weeble Wobbels" huffing and puffing through 24 minutes. But we did it everyday for a week together. This coupled with managing carbs and sugar and we got more and more energy to the point where we broke the "umbilical chord" and started doing separate workouts. We started doing Melt it Off with Mitch, SWAT and Gilad. Then as we lost, I reviewed tapes on www.collagevideo.com and found tapes that would appeal to both of us and that is how we got into Jari Love and her Ripped Series.

This was the first time I had the ENERGY to eat and exercise. It was always one or the other. Dieting makes me cranky and hungry. I literally have "too much" energy these days by this lifestyle, so I found workouts that worked for me. I do the FIRM, Jari, Hip Hop ABs and others..and I literally went from being sedentary to now an Intermediate-Advanced and my son being the more Advanced workout person. Heck, he's young! *lol* I do low impact 80% of the time and the rest high impact, but very much selectively so. I have no desire to mess up my joints. Cross training gives you more "bang for your buck" in that 30 minutes of cross training is more effective thatn 1 hour of walking at a low/moderate pace. We both average between 30 and 45 minutes a day.

Yes, I have made some of the recipes in the book, but once you get the hang of this; you can duplicate any recipe to BFC friendly.

In the begining I was craving Big Macs and fries. I got myself a low calorie high fiber bun (store brand, 2 for $4.00 package of 8), made some "Big Mac Sauce (mayo, low sugar ketchup, rehydrated onions, dill pickle relish and a little bit of Truvia), cheese, 2 3 ounce burgers and made 27 Ore Ida shoe string french fries and a Zevia soda! I ate that several times a week in the beginning and that was when I had my biggest loss!

But, I got bored with that afterwhile..the novelty of eating like that wore off. Tonight I am having roast chicken. It is so crispy that it tastes better than fried chicken! It has been brining since this morning. I will have that with some brown and wild rice, salad and blue cheese dressing along with some iced tea. My son is having a burger and fries.

Fat loss is wonderful thing..no doubt, but I am constantly reminded of a few people I know who did the "gastric bypass thing" and ALL have gained if not all, a large part back. I don't want to lose weight and then gain it back. I watch Carnie Wilson's show Unstapled and I see how "food issues" for many is a whole lot deeper than deprivation and short term gains and losses. I truly hope this works for you in some form or fashion..You seem so genuine!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: Before:201 Now:178 Goal: 150

Height: 5'1

It's so funny how you say the 'novelty' of eating like that wore off, because that's sort of how i'm eating right now! I'm eating some very healthful things, too, but I can't believe I can snack on cheese and bacon...it's pretty funny.

I've been using my carbs on good things though, like last night when I had an ear of corn that counted as an entire carb serving and I think 4 or 5 sugars!
VarsityQuidditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityQuidditch View Post
It's so funny how you say the 'novelty' of eating like that wore off, because that's sort of how i'm eating right now! I'm eating some very healthful things, too, but I can't believe I can snack on cheese and bacon...it's pretty funny.

I've been using my carbs on good things though, like last night when I had an ear of corn that counted as an entire carb serving and I think 4 or 5 sugars!
UHG! CORN!! *LOL*...It is soooo sweet!!

If it works for you! Go for it! You can also "trick" your appetite by having two smaller cobettes which have the same carbs/sugar as one large ear. Psychologically, it keeps you going.

Believe me, I have had my share of "burgers and fries'" on this plan!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

HEy cookin.
Don't be discouraged by me... I mean I was using it as a quick fast where-as others are using it as a lifestyle, however low carb is not a lifestyle I can live with, I enjoy my fruits and low fat yogurt far too much! Having a healthy diet and lifestyle you can live with and enjoy is far more important as it leads to a future of easy maintence!

LOL Sistadiva I laughed out loud, but thanks for the compliment!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #25  

I'm not sure if this will get to anyone since it says February. I can't find April chat. Any suggestions?
amyjobeth is offline   Reply With Quote