3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Belly Fat Cure (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/189591-belly-fat-cure.html)

kittycarlson 11-14-2010 03:36 PM

Way to go Fullymom. I weighed on Friday and was down another 2lbs. I was really happy with that. This has been a difficult weekend. Way too much thinking about food and seemed to be hungry or bored all the time. I don't really think I register hunger just wanted to eat. It also seems to be getting hard to eat the protein. This happen to any one else? Well I'm trying to hang in there. Hope it will pass.

babyweight2lose 11-15-2010 03:39 PM

Hello everyone! I just started this last Thursday and so far, so good. I'm down 2 pounds. I had a couple of questions and hoping that someone here may have the answers w/out having to research further:

Crystal Lite Strawberry Energy Packets - I know they have no "sugar" however I know there's something that makes them sweet! They have been curing my "craving" for sugar though. Do you think 1 a day will "hurt" me??

Sugar Free Jello and Puddings - Are the totally off limits?? Or are they okay to have every other day or so?

Sugar Free Gum/Mints - Which are the "best" to have??

I don't have a health food store near by so the options at my local grocery aren't as good as I'd like them to be.

Thanks!!

in2win 11-16-2010 04:03 PM

Hi Babyweight2lose!

I hate to say that the crystal light packs and the sugar free jello are a no no in Jorge's book. Anything with sucralose, aspartame or saccharin - while no sugar - affect your leptin levels - so I stay away from them all. Off the top of my head, the leptin is what causes you to burn fat ...I'd have to dig out the book to accurately quote it to you...

Spry gum is the best - which I get from the health food store - but Pure gum I think by dentyne has malitol, so is allowable.

It takes a LONG time to figure out what you CAN eat from your grocery store or health food stores. My sister and I bought all KINDS of things - and I have it down to my main staples now. And the jelly is definitely worth the on-line ordering. I even ordered a relatively expensive brownie mix on line that is made with malitol, so that I can have it as dessert for Thanksgiving.

Also - the exercise really helps too. And the woman who helps me at the gym said right now, inches off is better than the scale moving quickly. I was a couch potato before and due to some health issues, didn't move much in the recent few years, so I am gaining back muscle.

Really - I feel good which is most important and I do not feel deprived.

Hope you all have a good week!

kittycarlson 11-17-2010 02:09 PM

Hi BFC people,
How's everybody doing? Hope you're still hanging in there. I'm trying to cut back on cheese and the size of my carb servings. It seemed at first my meals consisted more protein, fat and vegetables. As I got sick of eggs and meats it seems that the carbs in the form of wasa bread, pitas, oatmeal, Uncle Sams Cereal have increased. Where my carb servings at first were in the lower end of around 10grams or less they are now up to around 17-20. I've also been substituting cheese for some of the protein servings with some days havings 5 or more ozs. I'm afraid that is too many. One other thing I should confess that I've been concerned about is eating half and half on my cereal and because I'm eating cereal am using more packets of truvia sometimes two at a time. If you eat two do you count it as a carb serving?

deetermined2 11-18-2010 10:05 PM

Hi, BFCers,

For those of you who are looking for something BFC friendly for Thanksgiving, Jay Robb's latest newsletter has a recipe for pumpkin pie made with coconut milk and truvia with an almond meal crust. I haven't made it. but it sounds good.

kittycarlson, I sometimes use unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk on my cereal. I prefer the vanilla USAM.

kittycarlson 11-20-2010 02:56 PM

Hi, deetermined. Hello all other BFC posters too, How do you get the Jay Robb newsletter? I actually bought some almond meal from trader joes a few weeks ago and have been dying to try it. The pumkin pie sounds like a great opportunity.
Another question determined since you seem to be the senior BFCer around here. Do you continue to lose long term? This past week my weight jumped about 3 lbs even though I was sticking to the carbs/sugar ratio. Does this occasionally happen? Have you hit plateaus? Do you gain excessively when you mess up (which will probably happen over thanksgiving)? Thanks in advance for the info. If anyone else can answer I would appreciate the feedback.

deetermined2 11-20-2010 04:21 PM

Hi, kittycarlson,
To get the newsletter go to www.jayrobb.com and submit an e-mail and it will be sent. If that doesn't work, let me know.
In regard to plateaus, yes I've hit them. I've also been losing slowly, but I know I have food intolerances, such as wheat, and I wonder if I'm sensitive to other foods, as well.
I have gained a pound or two for a day or two if I don't drink enough water, but it comes off as soon as I get back on track with making sure I drink enough. Or walk some.
I was hoping that Jorge's Fast Track would be available in December, since that is suppose to help with plateaus. However, it's been postponed for a few months.
Rumor is that ALL grains including Benefiber are eliminated, as well as most or all legumes, maybe. I wonder if I had a slight reaction to the red kidney beans in some chili I made this week. I think the Fast Track may be a better choice for me given my reactions.
Some of the group that tried the plan for the book went back and forth between the BFC and BFC Fast Track.
In the meantime, I've been trying to get more of my carbs from vegetables rather than grains. Though I haven't given up Benefiber or oatmeal. Yet.

deetermined2 11-21-2010 10:32 AM

Hi, kittycarlson,
The recipe in the newsletter is for pumpkin pie not the pumpkin-like pie on the web page.
The pumpkin pie has 7.1 carbs, 3 fiber for 1/8 of the pie.

mamazcrazee 11-22-2010 01:09 AM

I was wondering what everyone thinks about Jorge's new book Fast Track changing from what was in BFC? I have been wanting to get started on BFC, but now I am confused knowing that the S/C counts and stuff are out in the new book.

deetermined2 11-22-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamazcrazee (Post 3578443)
I was wondering what everyone thinks about Jorge's new book Fast Track changing from what was in BFC? I have been wanting to get started on BFC, but now I am confused knowing that the S/C counts and stuff are out in the new book.

Hi, mamazcrazee,

BFC is probably a good way to transition into Fast Track when it comes out. BFC is the easiest program to do that I've ever come across. However, for me it's been somewhat slow, possibly because of food intolerances that I'm not aware of. But for many others the initial weight loss is wonderful. And many continue to lose one to two pounds per week. I would recommend trying BFC to see how well it works for you.

Some of the people who are "the examples" for Fast Track have gone back and forth between the 2 plans.

Even though S/C is out for Fast Track(FT), FT is still low sugar, low carb.

kittycarlson 11-22-2010 04:56 PM

Hi all,
weighed in at .5 lbs down this week. I am planning to be more concientious about the water. I have been using the ketostix as they give me information when I'm not weighing and if they are at all pink I'm happy! Well on Saturday I made a bunch of bacon for Thanksgiving and ate about four pieces and I had the darkest color on the ketostix I have ever had. I'm thinking about experimenting with bumping up the my fat consumption and see what happens. I've been thinking about the Barlean's Oil. I have a bunch of greek yougurt which I hear make a good combination. I hardly use any of my sugars so a serving of yogurt would ber ok if it ups my fat content with healthy fat. Hope some of you BFCers post. I've been wondering how you are doing. Mamacrazee. I have lost about 9 lbs since starting bellyfat. The reason I picked it is that it has more carbs and is more doable for me. I think the fast start will be more like aitkins which I have tried but is not a WOE I can sustain. I truly believe that I can continue on this plan long term who knows maybe forever. I am mature and know I cannot expect fast weightloss in the long term. Slow and steady is OK with me. I plan to stick to the plan throughout the holidays as close as I can. I am not expecting big weightloss but to not gain a bunch would be a real blessing. Determined. I sent for the pie recipe but they haven't gotten back yet but I will be patient for a while. Thanks for posting the link.

mamazcrazee 11-22-2010 05:45 PM

Thanks for the replies. That is what drew me to BFC knowing that you can have some carbs.

mamazcrazee 11-22-2010 11:23 PM

I just had a revelation today(I am a little slow:o) If I don't think I can do the new Fast Track, I can always stick to the BFC!! Duh! Who woulda thunk it???HA

kittycarlson 11-23-2010 02:02 PM

Determined, I keep checking to see if I've gotten the newsletter but no sign of it. would you mind sending the recipe. I would really like to try it for Thanksgiving. I've got the coconut milk, pumpkin and almond meal already. Thanks. Hope you have a nice holiday.

deetermined2 11-23-2010 07:59 PM

Hi, kittycarlson and other BFCers,

Here it is-

Healthy Pumpkin Pie

Filling-
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 cup light? coconut milk (I'm going to use unsweetened)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or maple extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup truvia (or 1/4 cup Jay Robb stevia)

Pie crust-
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
1 cup almond meal (or other nut meal)
1 cup Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder or another cup of nut meal
1 egg (or 2 egg whites as he suggests)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/4 cup truvia (or 1/8 cup Jay Robb stevia)
1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. For crust, melt butter. Add sweetener into batter. Mix together until smooth, then add vanilla, egg, and sea salt. Add stevia, baking powder, Jay Robb whey protein, and almond flour. Scrape into an 8 x 8 metal pan and spread out over the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes and remove to cool. In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon,vanilla or maple extract, ginger, nutmeg, stevia, and salt. Mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F, continue baking 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream and enjoy! Store covered in refrigerator.

Servings - 8
Per serving:
Cal 210
Carbs 7.1
Fiber 3

Happy Thanksgiving!