Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #31  

Hi Tego,

Hope you like MM, I do. You probably know this already but at the metabolism miracle website there is a blog by the author that is really helpful, particularly the listing of products on June 7, 2009. I especially like having the ghirardelli chocolate square as a 5x5 with dinner.
happyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #32  

Cool chocolate au revoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy View Post
Hi Tego,

Hope you like MM, I do. You probably know this already but at the metabolism miracle website there is a blog by the author that is really helpful, particularly the listing of products on June 7, 2009. I especially like having the ghirardelli chocolate square as a 5x5 with dinner.
Hiya, HappyHappy. I did know about the blog but I wasn't aware of the of product listing. I will definitely bookmark the page. When you eat that chocolate square, doesn't it make you want another one? Or is the craving already gone for you?

I have been staring at a recipe for rum chocolate mousse in my old Joy of Cooking for a month now, and I am going to make it today so I can eat it before feb 1. I am really going to miss stuff like that, not that I make chocolate mousse very often, like never, yet. But the idea that I can never eat it again..... at least not for years. Kinda makes me sad, but if I lose weight on MM I guess I won't care so much-- I will have my life back.

Guess I am addicted.
tego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #33  

Quote:
Hi Tego,

Funny I just went to the 2009 MM blog and it was cut off at June 24th, nothing below that date, just white space. Is it my computer or is it the blog?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #34  

Hi tego,
It must have been a temporary glitch cause I just checked it and i was able to scroll down to it. The chocolate square is the 60% dark chocolate one and that doesn't really make be crave more. Definitely milk chocolate would. I remember when I did MM last year we were allowed two slip ups before we had to start over, so I guess you could squeeze in your mousse every now and then as a slip up!!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #35  

Forgot to add -- that was two slip ups a week before we had to start over
Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #36  

Question Slip Ups and "LITE" products.

Hi, HH,
The June 24 , 2009 Metabolism Miracle blog entry is still the last one I can see. Must be my computer.

Re: 2 slip-ups a week....Well, that is a comfort. I hope I have good will power, though. I just went shopping with a list made from the recipes and advice from the MM book. I wonder why she advocates the use of light mayonnaise, for example, when they replace the fat with carbohydrates to make it creamy, like corn starch. I wonder why the author doesn't just tell us to eat half a serving of the regular mayo, instead. Same for lite half- and -half, other dairy products, etc. Is there anywhere I can ask her a question like that?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #37  

I think she wants us to stay away from high fat items. I hate "lite" products and tend to stay away from them and do like you said -- just use less. I still lost weight. There is a lot of information at metabolism miracle friends. If you search that, it should turn up.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #38  

Default The Last Chocolate Mousse

Quote:
I think she wants us to stay away from high fat items. I hate "lite" products and tend to stay away from them and do like you said -- just use less. I still lost weight. There is a lot of information at metabolism miracle friends. If you search that, it should turn up.
Thanks, HH. i will check out the friends site.

Countdown to Feb 1. I bought the groceries, I made the potato-less miracle soup out of cauliflower and low-fat cheese, it tasted good. Also made the rum chocolate mousse out of Joy of Cooking and it is in the fridge for a last chocolate high. Got my 5-net carb tortillas. All that stuff. I got outside. Yesterday and today it was warm enough to go XC skiing in a friend's field, so I got some sunshine and a half hour daily of exercise with the dog along as a bonus. I am ready.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #39  

Good luck Tego! Two recipes I find very helpful on MM -- wonder bun and quickie chocolate muffin. Both can be found at metabolism miracle friends and probably a lot of other places too.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #40  

Thumbs up Started today Feb 1, 2011

Quote:
Good luck Tego! Two recipes I find very helpful on MM -- wonder bun and quickie chocolate muffin. Both can be found at metabolism miracle friends and probably a lot of other places too.
Thanks for this heads up, will look into them both. Ate some of Potato-less miracle soup today ( Cauliflower and cheese soup) and it was good, esp. when it is hot and I am hungry. Nice to have the snow falling soft and steady all day on my first day of Phase 1. Not too bad yet, but the cravings will get really bad closer to bedtime, as they always do. But i am prepared.

Snow storm will cancel out Zumba class tonight but i will Netflix stream an exercise video and do it in the privacy and comfort of my living room, the sooner the better.

How are you doing with MM these days?
From tego
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #41  

Default Day 2 on MM

So far so good. No huge cravings. Tomorrow I have my personal fat content checked .
Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #42  

Default Day 3 on MM

Headache and craving. Ibuprofen and low-carb tortilla wrap. Zumba stasera.
I'm tired. I must have finally run out of glycogen.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #43  

Wink Day 4 on MM

Woke up with headache. Ibuprofen. A little tired and shaky , especially near late afternoon. Looking forward to doing nothing tonight. Stuck to the plan. Despite some cravings. I even think about smoking a cigarette, which I quit years ago, but I did not. Who can afford them anyway? I am just glad it is starting, I mean the switch over to burning fat for the first time in 58 years.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #44  

Default I am 45% fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tego View Post
So far so good. No huge cravings. Tomorrow I have my personal fat content checked .
45% fat. Golly.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #45  

Default Day 5 on MM

Flu-like symptoms.