Somehow desperate

• HI,

basically being on weight watchers, I have dropped my weight from 152 lb to currently 136. For 2 months now, I am working out at least 4 times a week, doing mostly weight training but cardio to. My arms and legs have get a good shape. But the ring around the belly stays (3.3 inces). I have to admit that my older figure was better off. Now with the arms and legs and thighs being in good shape, the ring around the belly just looks disgusting.
    I have decided to go on a low carb diet. Since cutting down the calories, doing points does not work. I could not crack the 132 ceiling. FOr 3 months now I am at the same weight.
    I have read that in order to loose significant belly fat, one must cut down the carbs.
    What are you experiences with cutting carbs, how much would the weight loss be on a strict 20g per day carb, 3-4 times a week work out.
    Currently I am at 136 at a height of 6.4 inces.
  • There's no one answer for how much or how fast the weight will come off at 20g. per day. Everyone is different and our bodies react differently. I can tell you, that I lost more body fat with following a low carb diet than weight watchers. Weight Watchers didn't work for me because I'm convinced that I'm insulin resistant and the WW plan allows for too many carbs and sugar than my body can handle. I saw faster and more consistant results with low carbing. Don't pay attention to my current weight as I've fell away from the LC way of eating and gained alot the past couple of years due to some stressful situations. In the past however, my progress has been good with low carbing. I carry a good portion of my weight in my stomach and when I get back to my low carb eating, it seems like this is where it comes off first. Good Luck!
  • Quote: What are you experiences with cutting carbs, how much would the weight loss be on a strict 20g per day carb, 3-4 times a week work out.
    There is no set weight loss for any 2 people....everyone is different. There are also other things that factor into how rapidly or slowly one loses weight such as how much weight you have to lose to begin with, as well as age, gender, activity level etc.
    The important thing to remember about weight loss is picking a plan you can live with for the rest of your life....because....losing weight is only ½ the journey, keeping it off is the other ½.
  • Quote: There's no one answer for how much or how fast the weight will come off at 20g. per day. Everyone is different and our bodies react differently. I can tell you, that I lost more body fat with following a low carb diet than weight watchers. Weight Watchers didn't work for me because I'm convinced that I'm insulin resistant and the WW plan allows for too many carbs and sugar than my body can handle. I saw faster and more consistant results with low carbing. Don't pay attention to my current weight as I've fell away from the LC way of eating and gained alot the past couple of years due to some stressful situations. In the past however, my progress has been good with low carbing. I carry a good portion of my weight in my stomach and when I get back to my low carb eating, it seems like this is where it comes off first. Good Luck!
    WW allows you to eat whatever - you can easily count points and still be low carb.

I find that when I eat less carbs, by which I mean mostly whole grains (i.e. I don't consider the small amounts of carbs in most veggies), and when I eat them mainly in the 3 hours after exercising, I do lose better and in my stomach.