Ideas for high fiber foods..

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I use unprocessed bran. You can find it with the cereals. I use about 3 tablespoons in a meal replacement shake. You can put it juice or milk or in cereals. I also take triphala. It is an east Indian herbal combination that helps keep you regular. I got the idea from Dr. Andrew Weil. Also, you might just try taking Metamuscil regularly if that's eaiser.
    I just started the triphala yesterday as well, hopeing it will regulate things alone since I have a problem in that area too, I have heard good things about it
  • I eat plenty of fiber, but still have problems. I started taking 2 citracal tablets each morning, and within a couple of hours, I feel much better. :-) My doc says that since I've lost so much weight, maybe I took pressure off my intestines, and my body has to get used to a weaker signal, but she said if the fiber works, she isn't worried.
  • Lentils are a good source of fiber! a half cup = 18 grams of fiber. I also start my day with a spinach/fruit/almond milk shake and I always have a salad for dinner. In addition, eliminate the soda (including diet soda) and drink as much water as possible. Find the trigger foods that keep you from being 'regular'. For me it was everything dairy.
  • I recently picked up a packet of chia seeds. I got them in the organic/vegetarian type foods section of the super market. I put a serving (1 1/2 tablespoons) in my yogurt in the morning. I can't really even tell they're there. One serving has 67 calories, 5.6 g (22%) fiber. The package also says they're high in omega 3's and antioxidants.