Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 AM   #1  

Default anybody eat protein bars?

I was wondering what the best protein bars are? The lowest in calories, sugar, fat? I dont eat them often, but when I dont feel very hungry but know that I need a serving of protein, they come in handy. Any help would be great.
Trina
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure if they are the lowest in anything but I really like Pure Protein. They come in a lot of flavors and actually taste really good. Here is the information for the blueberry cheesecake flavor:
calories: 270
fat: 5
carbs: 29
sugar: 5
protein: 30

That is for the larger size. They come in two sizes and I usually get the smaller. I think they are around 180 calories. Good luck.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #3  
Determined

I like the smartzone bars, especially the chocolate caramel flavor. Clif bars are good and so are luna bars. Larabars (don't know how easy they'll be to find, but my organic foods store has them) are made of nuts, dates and fruit only. Bumblr bars are similar and also good. I like the pure protein too, but they have sugar alcohols (sometimes a lot of them) and those don't always agree with my stomach. Another quickie easy protein (I'm a nurse and if I didn't use some of these I would often not eat for 12 hours ) is the breakstone fruit and cottage cheese doubles. Those and the drinkable yogurts (not the kiddie ones with more sugar than 20 mountain dews.)
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:04 AM   #4  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

I eat "Pure Protein" sometimes. Since I don't eat meat, I figure I had better. I'm not sure about the calorie count or anything, but I know that it's relatively low in fat as opposed to carbohydrates and protein.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #5  
it's always something

I think DrSoy bars are the best tasting. They aren't the highest in protein, but make a good snack. Each bar has 180 calories, 11 grams protein, and 4 grams fat. I ordered their introductory package online and really liked them. I also like Tri-o-plex caramel apple bars, though they are much too big to eat all at once.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #6  
Mel

I keep a supply of the tri-o-plex bars for when I'm working through meals. I cut them in half BEFORE I start to eat them and wrap and hide the other half!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #7  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I eat Mel's protein bars. Daily.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #8  
Mel

LOL, me too!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote