Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default sugar free yogurt?!

Hi i'm new and kind of a lurker but I have a question..

Everytime I buy a new yogurt, one that says it's light, fat free and artificially sweetened it STILL have high fructose corn syrup in it. I just want a light fatfree and sugar free yogurt that is sweetened artificially. Has anyone found one or am I dreaming?!?! I used to eat Yoplait light and then took a look at the ingredients and one of the first ones was high fructose corn syrup! It just seems counter productive to me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

~Jess
MsDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #2  
it's always something

Dannon Light n Fit Carb Control yogurt doesn't have the fructose syrup. It does have 3 grams of sugar, but that comes from the natural milk sugars that will be in any dairy product. And it's not fat free, but only has 3 grams of fat. I've not actually tried the Carb Control version, so I can't vouch for it. But I love their regular Light n Fit nonfat version. Both versions have roughly the same number of calories per ounce.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Like Suzanne said, you won't find a "sugar free" yogurt, the best you'll find is no sugar added because of the natural lactose in the milk. I've also noticed the ones that are advertised as "lite" tend to have the most sugar added.
I've found some low fat and fat free yogurts that don't have any sugar added, but they tend to have more calories. I guess it's a toss up on what's more important sugar or calories.

I like the Dannon Fit and light vanilla. It tastes pretty good.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #4  

thanks girls!
MsDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #5  

I also buy PLAIN fat-free yogurt and add my own flavorings. If I want fruit, I add fruit. If I want it sweet beyond that, I use Splenda. I also like it plain as a savory topping for soups, etc.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote