3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Nutrition and Labeling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling-175/)
-   -   Diet Snapple (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling/228526-diet-snapple.html)

RiverWind 03-21-2011 10:35 AM

Diet Snapple

In the last few months, I found a new love...diet Snapple tea. So far I've found it in peach, lemon, and raspberry and I adore them all. I cannot tell at all by taste that its diet. If I didn't see the label, I would never know. In fact, I stopped drinking diet soda and replaced it with the Snapple. The label says 0 fat, 0 calories, 0 carbs, and 5mg of sodium. Based on this, I've considered it free and consume it all day every day. But from what I've been reading on here in the forums regarding artificial sweeteners, labels can be misleading and can downright be missing important information. So I guess what I am wondering is....is it okay to be consuming unlimited diet Snapple?

grneyedmustang 03-21-2011 04:25 PM

A little off topic...but where did you find your diet snapple? I love diet snapple as well but I can only find it in limited flavors :)

RiverWind 03-21-2011 06:35 PM

I have found the lemon, peach, and raspberry (my favorite) in Walmart. My understanding is that there are other flavors too like plum-pomegranate but I haven't seen it carried anywhere. I've also seen it at Big Lots. Any grocery store should carry it though.

saintxio 03-22-2011 03:02 AM

I had a Snapple today for the first time in awhile. It's tasty but I think the artificial sweeteners makes me want more sweets afterwards. I think the problem is that it makes insulin go nuts and create cravings and blood sugar imbalance.

RiverWind 03-22-2011 05:16 AM

That must affect everyone differently. I drink diet snapple regularly but I haven't noticed that it ever causes me to crave more sweets. Its interesting.

musicalchick 02-18-2013 10:52 PM

I just found the insta mixes for snapple peach, that's my favorite along with trop a rocka.

seabiscuit 03-30-2013 07:21 PM

I love Snapple too but I have heard that too much of it may not be good for the kidneys. I hope that's not true but I have been drinking less of it since I heard that.

Happy Easter!

MrsD2008 04-16-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverWind (Post 3769134)
That must affect everyone differently. I drink diet snapple regularly but I haven't noticed that it ever causes me to crave more sweets. Its interesting.

It doesn't make me crave anything, it just makes me more thirsty. The only thing that will quench my thirst is water. And I KNOW I can have an unlimited amount of water daily! Don't get me wrong, I love diet coke and diet snapple, but I realize it's not the best decision health wise. Back to your original question, I would limit the amount you're drinking. If I do drink diet drinks, I limit it to one a day. When I go into restaurants I don't even consider soda as an option, unlimited refills is not okay with me anymore. I'll take water with lemon over anything!

seabiscuit 05-03-2013 01:24 AM

Interesting point, it makes me thirsty too, now that I come to think of it.

I like the water and lemon idea. Perhaps I will try that this week, thanks!