semi skimmed Vs skimmed ?????

• okay so i have always used semi skimmed but i have been doing the slim fast diet and just realised that your really meant to mix it with skimmed milk.

so i bought some skimmed. And upon looking at the labeling i was shocked to find that there is 1g of fat of saturates per 100ml or milk so for 250mls thats a fair bit of fat

and when i looked at the skimmed there is trace fat

so effcetivelly my slimfast which mixed with skimmed are to be 230calories , so by mixing with semi skimmed i have been doubling my calories?????? if this is true and the difference between the two milks is that drastic then thats y im not losing????????

help
  • 250 mls of semi-skimmed milk has 122 calories and 4.3g fat
    250mls of skimmed milk has 82 calories and 0.3g fat

How many sachets of slimfast are you drinking? And how many calories are you eating apart from the sachets?

In the milks there is clearly a difference but you'd have to drink a bathful of it for it to halt your weightloss.

(I'm losing well enough on about 50g fat a day).

It might help if you posted what else you eat.
    And have a
  • I have 2 slimfasts a day and a meal of aprox 600 calories
  • If you prefer the taste of semi skimmed, try 1% fat milk (semi is 2%), usually sold with a purple lid. It isn't sold everywhere but more supermarkets are stocking it now and it will make a slight difference to your cals/fat without the watery taste.