Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Rant about fast food

This morning I went to Dunkin Donuts to get an iced vanilla coffee. The first thing she brings me is this grayish-colored thing covered in whipped cream and chocolate drizzle--not an iced vanilla coffee. (I get iced vanilla coffees from DD about 3 times a week, and they just look liked coffee on ice. No whip, and they're supposed to be coffee-colored.) Normally I would have just taken it because it looked delicious, but I'm taking counting calories, for one, and I'm on Alli, so I can't have that much fat. She got all pissy and demanded that I taste it, so I did just to humor her, and I said something like "Yea, it's good, but I'd just like an iced coffee with vanilla." So she goes back and mutters to the other employees and finally brings back a large cup of milk with what must be 1/4 cup of coffee and goes "Is that better?" Well, no, it's not, but I took it and ended up dumping half of it out and adding my own coffee, and I ended up late for work with a crappy "coffee" I didn't order.

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't be buying coffee or going to fast-food places, but why is it so hard to just get what you order? When we're counting calories or watching fat or whatever, any differentiation from the nutrition facts listed can really screw us up.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Well, I must just not be as nice as you…because as soon as she had come out with that first obviously not-what-I-ordered coffee, I would have sent her right back to get it right. What do you mean she “demanded” you taste it? You order this drink several times a week…you know what it looks like.

Besides all that though…I think the people who work in fast food joints are rushed and I don’t think that customer service is stressed to the employees by management. They figure you’re getting it cheap and fast, so if they mess up your order or someone is a little rude, deal with it. Shouldn’t be that way, but it is.

Grrr though…she sounds like a snot.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #3  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

OMG I would have been so mad! I would not have tasted it first off, even though it sounds amazing haha and told her no I want what I ordered. And if she came back with it still wrong she would have been asked to do it right! Now just throw it together cause shes mad now. Im sorry this is your job, do it right and dont be so nasty! I worked at a place called wawa and we had a deli and there were times when people came back and were like i asked for no mayo and this has some. Ok so u fix the sandwhich whats the big deal? I think some people are just lazy
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #4  
It's about time

Yea, I'm usually really polite—I know they get stressed when a lot of people come in, and I know it's easy to forget things. I didn't even care that she messed up the first one! She made a delicious treat I just happened not to want, lol. But when I clarified what I wanted and she kept saying "Just taste it. Taste it!" I started to get annoyed. I should have said no. But the only thing that really annoyed me was ending up with a cup full of vanilla-flavored milk. I mean, I saw the cup before she put the coffee and ice in it, and it was already more than half full of milk. I just think people deserve to get what they order and have some common sense exercised by others! I mean, who wants a bright white coffee?!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

First off congratulations for sending the first one back! It sounds like that was a great accomplishment for you. I'm really sorry they screwed things up for you a SECOND time. You are much nicer than me. I likely would have refused the second one too! (At least I like to think I would.)

I am with you though that it is really hard to trust even the calories counts at restaurants because of the way chefs/cooks/employees prepare the food. They aren't going to be nearly as careful with amount of high calorie ingredients as we would or their employers would want them to be.

This sounds like a weekly treat for you, but have you thought about making your own at home? Since you like it iced you could make a big coffee batch and store it in a sealed container in the fridge. It probably would be really quick to throw together an iced vanilla coffee with some sugar free vanilla syrup or any way you want it. Yum!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #6  
It's about time

Renwomin, you know, it seems so obvious but I actually hadn't thought of making it at home. I spend a pretty significant amount of money on coffee, but I never really thought about making iced coffee at home even though it would be so easy to just keep it in the fridge. I think I'll pick up some coffee tonight and start doing that! Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

Even if a customer has no specific dietary requirements, they're supposed to make what you order. To huff and puff about you correcting her just means she's a terrible employee.
GoldenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Yeah making it at home is the way to go
Sorry about your situation though
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/193/180

Height: 5'6"

I thought about something as I read your post. How many people have viewed this? Backed-up and sure enough '306 views'. So translation: that means 306 potential customers will now re-consider DD as an option for coffee. I bet if your wrote a letter to management outlining that fun fact SOMEONE might get much needed re-education on who pays her check.
lulablue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #10  
It's about time

Lulablue, now that you point that out, I feel kind of bad! On the one hand, it's not DD, it's that occasional person who doesn't feel like doing his or her job. On the other hand, DD does have consistently the worst coffee I have ever consumed!

I should stop going there, but the drive-through is so convenient on my way to work. The only Starbucks I pass are in Targets, and the local coffee shops are so freaking expensive ($5 plus tax range for a medium latte) because I work in a rich retirement-community area. :/
Old 06-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I hate fast food restaraunts...McDonalds, KFC, Wendys, Dunkin Donuts...ugh they're all disgusting, they kill the environment, make their cutomers fat, and torute animals. I HATE them all >
I'd rather starve than eat at any of them! I wouldnt even buy bottle water from there (not that I drink bottled water)
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

no matter where I'm ordering food - fast food, family style, five star etc. if it isn't right, it gets sent back. If service is crappy, a letter goes in the mail. Period. your purchases pay their salaries and if more people demanded good service / quality, management would be forced to make employees improve in that area. By giving poor service a pass, we are only encouraging bad behavior, not improvements.

Tiki!
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #13  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I would have sent it back without tasting the first one. If it had come back the second time wrong with an attitude, well me and the manager would have a conversation. If they still can't get it together, I want my money back. I work for my money and if I come to your place for something, I need it to be right because my time and money are valuable. I don't go to DD anyway. But still!! I had to handle a general manager at Joe's Crab Shack over the same kind of stuff. Trying to make me pay for something we didn't want. FIX IT OR GIVE ME MY MONEY!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #14  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

You said DD has the worst coffee, yet going by their commercials they seem to think they have the best. *laughs* I don't drink coffee every day, but what I do drink is either Celestial Seasonings Organic (which I can't find anymore), from the local co-op (free-trade and sometimes organic), or from this little stall at a nearby flea market (Door Country). They stall only has small sampler packs, but one I tried was so YUMMY. It was called Autumn Spice. They only have it out in the fall, I think. For anyone interested, and can make their own, the website is doorcountycoffee.com. Sorry about getting off track. :P

Last edited by BlessedBe; 06-16-2010 at 11:31 AM.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Try making your own coffee at home in a press pot and with freshly ground beans. Once I started doing this I have gone from 1 coffee beverage everyday at a fast food chain, ie Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc. To never going at all because they just don't live up to what I can do at home. It is really fast and you can find deals on the supplies at Marshalls and what not. It isn't very expensive once you compare to the fast food prices and how decadent your own coffee drinks can be.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote