Old 07-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Help w/ chinese, please :O)

Does anyone have any idea what a pint of steamed chicken and vegetables, 3 tablespoons of brown sauce and one bite of plain lo mein might be calorie-wise? I have been trying to find some info. all night and hope I made an okay choice.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #2  
LLV

Well..... 4 ounces of steamed vegetables is approximately 80 calories. That's probably not exact, but I found the nutrition info for Chinese steamed veggies online somewhere and put it into fitday. As for the chicken, I would just guesstimate how many ounces you ate and add the calories for boneless/skinless chicken breast with no added fat during cooking.

The brown sauce? That one is a little trickier. I'd say maybe 20-30 calories a tablespoon? I did find vegetable lo mein sauce. Maybe it's all the same sauce they use for everything else, I don't know. But it was 17 calories per ounce.

I looked up meatless lo mein and it said it's about 135 calories per cup. Seems a little low to me, but since you only had one bite, I doubt I would even count that. Just go with the chicken and veggies and perhaps 17-20 calories per ounce of sauce.

I too always get the steamed chicken and veggies and since they put the sauce on the side, I just drizzle on enough to give it flavor. For a whole pint, which is usually what I eat as well, I normally chalk it up to about 300 calories max and leave it there.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #3  

I finally found that steamed chicken/veggies (no oil or anything added) is about 280.. brown sauce is about 10 cals a tablespoon. I feel good about my choice . Thank you!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY View Post
I finally found that steamed chicken/veggies (no oil or anything added) is about 280.. brown sauce is about 10 cals a tablespoon. I feel good about my choice . Thank you!!!
I figured it would be somewhere close to 300 calories

Thanks for posting that! I'll sometimes get the "triple delight" steamed. It's steamed chicken, shrimp and scallops with the Chinese vegetables. It's so yummy! And I like that I can control the amount of sauce that's on my food. I'm careful to put just enough to taste rather than drowning it. And most of the time I don't eat any of the rice. Not because I don't like rice, but I'd rather fill up on the meat and veggies rather than waste all of my calories on the rice itself.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #5  

Yes, I had that one bite of lo mein and that was plenty.. it wasn't even really tempting.. wow! Next time I will get the steamed chicken w/ just broccoli, since that's my favorite part of the veggies anyway.