Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Linda,

I actually have that problem with Buffalo. I think they are cute animals, whenever I tried to eat them, I'd envision them. I think cows are cute too but I also think they are delicious...
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #17  
Mel

Mandalinn- That sounds delicious! I make it pretty much the same way, but use olive oil instead of butter.

I've never really thought about lamb tasting "gamey".

And I've far too many Thumpers eating my garden as if it were a wildlife salad bar to think they are cute anymore! The more Thumpers and Bambis on the dinner table, the happier I will be. I'd like to see my lilies bloom for a change instead of get eaten

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #18  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I love my beef and lamb gyros. Not exactly healthy, but I still eat it occasionally.

I had a rather humorous experience with lamb a couple of weeks ago while I was at Disney World. We went to the Wolfgang Puck restaurant (the dressy one, not the cafe), and I ordered some lamb chops. They were delicious, but as I was trying to cut the meat from between the bones, my knife slipped (it was rather tough and overcooked in there, probably because I ordered it medium instead of medium rare) and hit the plate. Not thinking anything of it, I continued eating, until a few minutes later I realized that the plate had BROKEN IN HALF. Completely. My lentils were oozing onto the table cloth. My boyfriend called me She-Ra for a couple of days after that... haha. I couldn't stop laughing and when the waiter came to take the plates away, I had to warn him (so he wouldn't spill food all over me and himself), and he sounded amazed. He kept apologizing, but it was completely my fault... or rather, it was my ability to hit the plate at JUST the right spot and just the right angle to break it.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote