3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Thinking of re-joining (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/250048-thinking-re-joining.html)

seabiscuit 01-08-2012 01:54 PM

Thinking of re-joining

Hey there chickies...

I am thinking of re-joining WW. I think I would do the online WW and I have done it before and liked it. I have done WW a number of times with more success in the meetings than online so maybe I should do that, it's just that I don't drive so I would have to pay someone to drive me. Sometimes the points system has drove me a little crazy trying to make sure I got all the points accounted for in the day and not going over, without using the weekly points allowance or without going over that amount if I did use the weekly points allowance. I think WW is a great program, it can be really helpful and is very supportive. I just have a tendency to get bored easily and don't have much stick-to-it-veness. At least I know what my obstacles are, that's half the battle, right?

I really want to make 2012 a great year for me, especially with weight loss. One of my challenges right now is with exercise. I am sick with bronchitis right now so I can't exercise til I get over that and I am also in a walking boot til the 23rd of this month so the only exercises I can really do with that boot are swimming and walking with the boot. I have contacted a personal trainer at my gym who I'd like to work out with once I am able to physically.

So, I think I may re-join, now just not sure if I should do the meetings or the online. I'm going to look into both. What are your experiences with online/meetings? Advice?

Thanks!

Koshka 01-11-2012 09:16 PM

I am a regained lifetime member. A few years ago I joined and went to meetings to try to get back to goal then went to online only and was going to do online. I felt I knew everything I would hear in the meetings and would never really hear anything new (I was right by the way) and that I understood the program. So -- no reason to really go to meetings.

It was a miserable failure. Weighing in weekly online just wasn't the same. I didn't feel that same goal that I felt when weighing in at meetings. Tonight I was at the store and had an urge to get a bag of chips. I didn't really have points for it and almost bought it anyway (technically I have the points since I have plenty of weeklies left). But I remembered I weigh in Saturday and I want to show a loss when I do it so I didn't buy them. When I was doing online, though, I wouldn't have been going to weigh in at a meeting and so I would have bought the chips and if I didn't show a loss...no big deal.

I realize that was me and many others do great on the online program. I just made no headway with it and found I did much better when I went back to the regular meetings.

roxybabay 02-20-2012 09:17 PM

I just rejoined again recently and I agree..meetings are the best route to go! Let us know what you decided :)

madamwu 02-25-2012 02:26 PM

I had to go off WW for 3 months due to financial reasons. Gained back 10 pounds.
Just started back to the meetings beginning of February. Have lost almost 5 pounds so far. I am doing the Momentum points, but find that the meetings make a difference for me. It is the one hour a week that I am doing something just for me to help myself in this weight loss journey. Surrounded by other people who are also trying gives me an unquantifiable assist emotionally. I have a great leader, which also helps.

I made the decision to think of WW as part of my preventive health care, not a luxury. Its making a commitment to myself and my health. I'm not a real joiner or group person, but WW is my weekly community that I can look forward to. I don't have a lot of friends, and I know they are just acquaintences, but its like the theme to "Cheers" tv show--its somewhere someone knows your name.