Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default TRYING THIS AGAIN...Lets Keep Momentum Plan Posts Going....

Hi All..something happened when I went to edit this last week...and poof...gone...
Anyway...first chance to get back here.....I have noticed a few of us are 'still' doing Momentum, but also noticed not much is being posted on the Momentum/Flex spot.
Last post was from Kimberly on the 24th, and before that in June sometime. If anyone is doing Momentum for whatever reason, let us know.
I re-started on Monday, and feel so much more confident. Even though I am at 18 daily pts, I can deal with that...just the fact that I can count the breads I like as 1pt....all in my mind my hubby tells me (LOL)...very well may be, but it works for me...as well as the 2pts for my cocktail and not 4..again all in my mind (ha-ha) They seem to taste better at 2pt and not 4..
YES I have worked PP since it's inception..never with much success if any at all. The (zero) 0pt Fruits didn't matter to me...not a BIG fan of fruit anyway. Love veggies, and they were pretty much zero anyway...depending of course.
If anyone else is doing Momentum or has returned to it, let us know...I know I can use the support...
Sorry about the mix up the other day...computers!!!!
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

I'm still doing Momentum, but am not doing well. Not because of the plan, just haven't been tracking regularly (except mentally). At least my weigh in today I have slowed down by weight gain to less than 1/2 pound.
I do think about what I am eating, just need to get control back of the portions.
We went to a wedding yesterday (yes, a Tuesday?) and I indulged. But am on track today. I have my own wedding to pull off in two weeks, so I am not going to be too hard on myself. I have a lot to keep track of.
I am still convinced Momentum is better. Just need to apply it! ;-)
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275.6/264.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm still doing the old plan. You aren't alone in liking the old numbers. One of my coworkers went off the other day because on PP beer is 5 instead of 3 pts! It's a mental trip for sure
NightwingFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #4  

NightwingFanGirl and madamwu
Glad to see your posts here....come on over to the regular board and join us there...
NightwingFanGirl...totally agree...a mental trip for sure...but the OLD numbers work for me...I totally understand your co-worker !
Please let us know how you are doing...did you ever try PP...for me I'm glad to be back to Momentum...please stay in touch on the regular page...would love to hear from you.

madamwu...let us know how we can help....tracking for me is what really helps...I tried tracking in my head (some people can) but it always came to no good...as tedius (sp?) as tracking is I need to...weird I have to know what I had even if it was a week ago (LOL) I am back on Momentum 4 days...even though I only get 18pts...it SO works for me...I believe I talked about it in my other post.
Dont be too hard on yourself...you have a BIG event coming up!! That alone can be stressful! Hang in there, and do the BEST you can...
Let us know how you are doing...hope to see you as well on the regular board with this THREAD TITLE
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #5  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

please explain!
momentum is the old old plan? where veggies and fruit counted??

tell me more..and how do i switch back?
i feel like the loss was far quicker but you needed to be more tedious at counting..
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214.6/198.8/150

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default using Momentum and FaceBook

I gave up on Pounds Plus after I GAINED 6 pounds in 6 weeks. I had lost 18 pounds on Momentum. I have slow weight loss due to disability, but apparently, fast weight gain!!!

Been back on Momentum for a few months and lost those 6 pounds and am finally down on One-der-land again!

I joined a FaceBook Momentum group, there are over 200 of us on that group and we have a lot of support. I love that it is there 24/7.

However, I found I missed the support group and this week, I started a group at work called Healthy Lifestyles. We have two peopled doing momentum and two on PP. We also will invite others that just want to talk about healthy habits.

We start officially on Monday. I need support and face to face, just online does not work for me.
dakiniverona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

I didn't ever try PP, I had been off for about 3 years and decided to go back to what I know. Thing for me, is that I didn't ever officially join WW, just learned the ropes and have a calc for points. Didn't want to try to figure out the new system and I had lost 130lbs over a 3.5 yr period before, so I know this works. Currently working on relosing 60# and then trying for more.
I love this plan and it works great for me.
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #8  

Just thought I would say hi. Not having any luck with PP so I went back to the old points. Lost 3 lbs the first week. I am glad this is here.
LaughingsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #9  

dakiniverona - I couldn't find the facebook group, will you message me the link?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #10  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

hi! After flip flopping between low carb, calorie counting and WW. I finally decided to pull out my WW stuff and make that MY plan. Just wanted to say hi and glad that I found a group doing the old plan
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'm on the old plan too. I typically eat pretty much according to plan, but when I want to lose weight, I cut down on the cocktails, exercise, and measure/preplan my meals. I like to freeze all meals in individual containers and meal plan.
This weekend I'm making Tuscan white bean soup (6 servings), 2pts each,
Ground turkey with potatoes and spring peas (5 servings), 4pts each,
Chicken Divan (6 servings), 7pts each
and Shepherd's pie (6 servings), 6pts each.

I may try my hand at mini frozen frittata/quiche as well. This is the only way I can guarantee success and EASE!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #12  

I found the facebook group - WW Momentum (yeah)
Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/165

Height: 5'8

I have never done the Momentum program how is it different from flex points and pp program I have always wanted to know. The pp program is not working very well for me. I have threw my flex points books away and now I wish I didn't. Can anyone help me please. I would love to look on the facebook page but do not know how to get there is there a link or something. Thanks
jwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #14  

I posted the facebook page just above your post. When you are on facebook type the words in seach - WW Momentum
The first page to come up is the page.

There is a lot of information on the web - google Weight Watchers Momentum and see what is available.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #15  

Check out the Wikipedia page for Weight Watchers. There is a lot of information on the Momentum program.