Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Has everyone that switched back told their leaders?

Hi everyone! Just curious, as the title states, has everyone (that attends meetings) told their leaders about their switch from Points + back to Momentum? The reason I ask is because I haven't, it just hasn't come up until tonight when a leader was congratulating me on my progress so far and asked how I found the new program to be. I know that was my chance to say well you know, it wasn't really working for me, it felt too restrictive, I need the more flexibilty of Momentum to not feel like I am on a diet but more of a lifestyle chance and so on....but I chickened out and said oh, its not bad lol As I walked away I wondered why I didn't just fess up, its not like they designed the program! Just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in this position?
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #2  

I might have fibbed too, to not put myself, or her on the spot. I would probably tell her at the end of the meeting, so that you don't have to add layers of the fib, and she will just congratulate you in the future without asking about plan.

You know, it is interesting. I know alot of folks have switched to the old points system, but I find this one much less restrictive than this one, and for me almost as flexible, and working much better than the old momentum. It steers me to vegies and fruits. and I find I can eat what I want and have points to spare.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I told my leader right away and she tried to persuade me to stick with P+ which I did for an extra month but it wasn't working out. When I officially switched back I told her and she has been really supportive ever since. In fact, yesterday she gave me a bunch of materials that were left in the stockroom because they were going to be tossed anyhow!

There are a handful of people in my meeting that switched back and the nice thing is my leader will discuss any questions we have regarding Momentum in front of everyone.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #4  

You aren't doing WW if you are doing Momentum so why would you tell your leader? Why did you change the way you eat when you changed to PointsPlus? I eat just the same and it works much better than Momentum ever did.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Anyone else that switched over have a comment? Thanks for those that replied with their experiences!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #6  

i just switched today, i have been a old ww for a long time. I lost 3 lbs in two months following Points plus, perfectly. It was too hard to untrain my brain from the old plan to this new plan. I have always eaten the healthy choices, so I don't worry about eating junk food.
It works for me, I don't think I will tell my leader, not yet anyway.
mpappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Unhappy

I am starting to think about switching back. I look back at my weight loss, and it has basically stalled since I started Points plus. I think there are just too many points. Also, the higher points for bread and cereals seem too punishing. Why do I have to take 6pts for a whole grain cereal? I could eat Captain Crunch for 3pts, but the better for me OatSquares are 6pts! By the time I add milk, and non-dairy creamer in my morning coffee, that is 8 pts for breakfast! It doesn't make sense.
Truthfully, I think that Points plus is just too liberal with pts. 29 a day plus 49 weekly points is just too much. I know what QuilterInVa says makes sense, just eat as you did on Momentum....Yet I am finding that hard to do. I'm not reallly a fruit eater. I'm trying to force it, but I would rather get my fiber from whole grains.
Another thing that is bothersome--the dining out guide has so little in it. We eat out a lot, and I don't understand why places like Red Lobster are not included. Same thing with the food companion, its like they left out things they don't want you to eat. That is what I liked about the old program--less judgemental.
The paper points finder was easier to use also. You could estimate if something was high is fiber it was lower in points, now with their secret formula, its hard to figure it out.
I'd appreciate any comments on my ramblings.
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #8  

The bread thing is what did it for me with the points+. I know veggies/fruits are mostly free, but I kept fixating on bready things because they were now higher in points, and that was all I wanted to eat. It was also annoying that I couldn't eyeball points values anymore, since the calorie amount was taken out of the equation.

The whole points conversion process was no longer a fun novelty; it had become a PITA.

It also annoyed me that one crappy day of food pretty much killed my week...to see most of my 49 points disappear in one day was too depressing for me, which made the rest of the week seem like drudgery, since I didn't have extra points to play with. It was a problem with the old points plan too (for me).

I canceled my WW membership and got a bodymedia band instead. It was more expensive than the monthly fee, but I can use it for a long time, even after getting to goal. It helps me feel optimistic and I can see the progress I'm making, even if it doesn't show up on the scale immediately. With WW, I'd get discouraged because nothing seemed to change significantly, even though I did the right things, so I'd think, screw it, i'm eating a cupcake. I don't get that way with the band. I'm happy I made the switch. I've lost almost 5lbs in about 2 weeks, and it finally feels possible. The concept is the same; calories in needs to be lower than calories out, but it now feels like something I can accomplish.
trixiepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

Very interesting thread. I just started P+ and am not losing as much as with the old plan.
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I just do WW at Home, but if I could go to meetings again (haven't since 2001, too expensive!) I don't think I would do well on P+. With the older system (Flex, actually) I have the formula memorized and can calculate pts in my head. The new one is way to complex to do that with, and I'd have to carry a tool around with me everywhere!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #11  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I say do what works for your body! Every body is different.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/238/213

Height: 5'5"

I've been on WW since Aug. 2010, started on Momentum, then did Points+, and I switched back yesterday (from P+ back to Momentum). Will I tell my leader, no (she was very clear about keeping with P+); would I tell my fellow WW'rs if they asked yes.
cafebeanz is offline   Reply With Quote