Momentum - Week 2

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Kim,
    I may write something to them. When I canceled my online subscription I wrote a paragraph stating why.

I wish they would offer both plans online, and let people decide. I DID like WW better than I do calorie counting, but I don't want to do momentum because I need an online program to track (it's just what works for me).
  • Does anybody know if there is a phone number for Weight Watchers where members can call and talk to somebody for help?
  • Quote: Thanks!

I'm not sure because when I started Weight Watchers I was on the Momentum Plan for 10 months and lost 80lbs. I was pretty big and lost over 2lbs per week. I think Points Plus is great for maintenance and I'll probably switch back once I get to goal. It seems a LOT of people are having the same complaint, they keep gaining and losing the same few pounds on Points Plus.
    Yeah, I am seeing a lot of that too. I have not been doing this long enough to make a decision. As long as i keep losing, I am happy. But hey, whatever works, you are obviously doing something right
  • Congratulations, Kimberly on your 100 pound loss!

I miss the old program as well. I lost 25 pounds on the momentum, and I have been hearing a lot of complaints in my meetings about the new points plus system in that the calculator confuses them, and it is more work. I have also heard about the losing and gaining. I have been thinking of just sticking to the momentum program myself and track like I was before.

So have you lost any on the new points plus system?
  • First off - CONGRATS on your weight loss - that is just wonderful You are truly an inspiration !!!!

I tried WW before (many times) and honestly just never stuck long term. I have been doing P+ for about 7 weeks and I am doing OK - not losing that fast, but I am getting used to that. I actually sort of do my own version of the South Beach Diet, but using the points as a guide to help me control portions. So I am within the WW guidelines, but stick more to SBD. I have a huge problem with carbs and I am insulin resistant/PCOS, so I pretty much have to stick to good carbs only if I want to nudge the scale at all. I'd had success with SBD, then a friend told me about the changes in WW so I decided to try that - I love the meetings, the weigh-ins and my leader

That being said, I have certainly heard people in my meetings complaining about how slowly they are losing now. Both people who were on points and those who started on P+. My mom goes to WW with me and we were just saying how when we'd gone years ago people would often lose 2 pounds a week, now it seems like most are .8, .6, etc. I hear people in my meeting worrying that its the fruit, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, unless they are gorging on it (which I don't think anyone is).

I would love to see a comparison between the two programs - if anyone has both, what would a typical day look like side by side, point and calorie wise?

Kimberly - you said that you eat MORE on Momentum? Could it be that P+ people are eating too little? I sometimes worry that thats the case with me. I eat all of my weekly points, but some of my "normal" foods are pretty low calorically. I am a vegetarian and I'll eat beans and soy products frequently.

When you consider that the points are (seemingly) less calories now - could that be the difference? I actually get 32 points right now, started at 34. So in 17 pounds I lost 2 points, but I only have 3 points to go down and thats rock bottom ??? With still having almost 70 pounds to lose ??? I can certainly see how that would stall someone.

I do think WW is going to have to look at this carefully. I know in the past they had different options - like points and no points (was that Core? - I don't know, unfortunately I joined a lot over the years and I get confused - my first tries were way back when it was an exchange system). I do think that they are trying to go for good health - but, honestly, if a lot of people don't lose weight on it then there is definitely a problem!
  • Quote: Congratulations, Kimberly on your 100 pound loss!

I miss the old program as well. I lost 25 pounds on the momentum, and I have been hearing a lot of complaints in my meetings about the new points plus system in that the calculator confuses them, and it is more work. I have also heard about the losing and gaining. I have been thinking of just sticking to the momentum program myself and track like I was before.

So have you lost any on the new points plus system?
    Thanks!!

I honestly think there may be some tweaking in the future because there are way too many people having the same issue. I lost a total of 4.6lbs but kept losing and gaining the same few pounds for 2 months until I decided I'd had enough! Switching back to Momentum was the best thing I could have done because I'm back on track and losing a steady 2lbs per week.

If you feel comfortable sticking to Momentum than I say stay where you're at
  • Quote: Kim,
    I may write something to them. When I canceled my online subscription I wrote a paragraph stating why.

I wish they would offer both plans online, and let people decide. I DID like WW better than I do calorie counting, but I don't want to do momentum because I need an online program to track (it's just what works for me).
    I think that would be awesome if they would offer both Momentum and P+, it would make life so much easier! I still go to my weekly weigh in and stay for the meeting because I love my leader but I don't walk out of there with any useful information.

I may send an e-mail to the company and see what they think about bringing Momentum back for those of us who are uncomfortable with P+.
  • the points values of some things went up as well, though right, I have been a WW for years and need to get back too it (obviously) but bought some SmartOnes not too long ago and saw some info on the package.

I'm debating on meetings or trying online, I have to wait to find out if I'm furloughed and for how long before I commit to any $$ but am very curious about this new program.

One thing I know about WW, if you work the program it works.

best to all