For us Momentum users!!

You're on Page 21 of 23
Go to
  • I would love to try Momentum but I don't know how the momentum works is there anyone that will help me to get started on the plan. I threw my old books away and I have the PP books but I never did the momentum if someone will help I would love to learn this program. Thanks You can email me if you can.
  • very excited to find this forum. I too thought I was the only one who hated PP.
    Have not been able to lose any weight since I started but I have managed to gain 10lbs. I not saying it was all PP fault but a lot of it was. It does not make sense, that if you eat more calories that you will continue to lose weight. So I am back to momentum/flex plan.
  • Back to Momentum!
    PP did not work for me. I started when the plan changed, very excited and ready to go. For some reason it didn't seem like the right combo of food for me. Momentum always seemed right. I had success using the set points on lean protein-something I think wasn't stressed a lot. I quit PP after a while, then returned to give it another try. Still not working. Back on Momentum, and in only a few days, I am back on track and feeling balanced. I got rid of my materials, I was so sure PP would be great. Luckily, I saved a slider, and I remember most of it and am looking for program materials on ebay. Good luck to everyone sticking with Momentum.
  • Cafebeanz
    Kudos to you for the great loss! I have been trying to get back on plan since 8/2010 and now have gained back almost 15 lbs. I hope switching back helps you get over the hump so to speak. Good luck on losing!

Quote: Hi everyone!! I so want in on this group. I've been on WW since 08/2010 and started with the Momentum Program. I lost 30lbs on that program. Then came the switch to P+ and I've gained 5lbs since January and haven't been able to lose them. I know it's not all Points+'s "fault" but I really feel it's not helping either. I was losing more than gaining on Momentum and when I did gain, it wasn't 2+lbs! I'm exercising more now than before Points+ (I'm no longer feel I "can't" do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred..yay for me); my food choices have changed and I've made some great supports via the meetings but I feel the new point plan isn't right for me (I gave it five months and have gained and lost the same five pounds). I'm switching back to Momentum plan starting tomorrow (today is my last WI on P+). I'm so glad my sis told me about this thread (she's struggling with P+ as well and we're switching back to Momentum together) because it validates what I've been going through and feeling.
  • I'm SOO glad I found this thread. I've been on PP for 4 months now and I've lost 5 pounds. Yeah, not a happy camper. I lost so well on Momentum before I had my baby and then came back to this PP. Not a fan. I'm a runner and I can't run by skipping carbs and protein (PP makes them feel like bad guys to me because the points go up when you add them into the calculations...). On momentum I was able to lose 40 lbs AND run a marathon. Yeah, I'll be switching back today. I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for the past 4 months. Too bad there's no option to choose Momentum or PP in the official WW.
  • I agree with you, Mamatwitch. I like the older plan better, too. I wish you the best of success. (I'm struggling, too.)
  • Hi Everyone!

Today is my first day back on the Momentum Plan. I've decided to stay with this one and not go back as I've been doing for months now. When I began Weight Watchers 19 months ago, I was introduced to Momentum and lost the first 80/90lbs. The new plan came out and I've been struggling ever since, I can't seem to stick with it and I either gain or lose every week, there is NO consistent loss. So here I am ready to get back on the old plan because it's what worked for me =D
  • Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and was hoping you could help me out. I was a member of ww when it was the momentum plan, i lost about 20 pounds and felt great! When ww switched to points plus I gained most of my weight back and feel miserable. I canceled the plan, and unfortunately I threw out my old materials accidentally in a move. I'm deseperate to get back on the momentum plan. Does anyone have any of the materials they could share? A link to points? Anything?
    Alll help would be VERY appreciated!!
  • JR, have you checked out Amazon.com? Sometimes they have older materials for sale.
  • jrchange -

if you do a google search for weight watchers points calculator, you can still get the points from a traditional nutrition facts panel. Also -- Dotti's Weight Loss Zone still has the old points numbers for restaurants on her page. Good luck!
  • dietfacts.com has a lot of restaurants and brands that have old and new points
  • Has WW said much about people who don't like the new PP plan? I tried it for 3 months this year but I quit. But I didn't like the old way either. I only tried the new one to see if they had significantly changed it for the more nutritious things, etc. Basically it's still just really low carb, low fat, low cal, low everything. IF you can follow that, you will probably lose and be a 'success story' for them. It's still based around 1200 cals a day, plus a few activity points. When I lose, I try to stay around 1600 cals, and that includes some complex carbs so I'm not famished and shaking. But on WW, you can't do that (what I do) and stay within the plan. This week, I happened to be eating a frozen WW entree that was 7 points for my lunch. I knew that on the PP, I would be allowed 29 points (forevermore). That means that I could have eaten 4 of the entrees for the day, which would have been less than 1200 cals!

I just think the emphasis on nutrition is not that different on the new plan. I remember one whole wheat item was only one point less than the regular version of it. So if you eat it, you are still paying for it. I saw something on the internet somewhere that said WW was going to announce a few tweaks to the PP. Any info?
  • Hi hear Ya, Thinner. Of course Weight Watchers is not going to say how many people are dissatisfied with the new plan...29 points for all, makes no sense to me, nevermind the carb thing. If it was successful before, why change it? Plus they get to sell everyone all new cookbooks and gadgets. Extremely dissappointed. Been doing Momentum, but I really do miss WW online and the meetings. Thank goodness you can find old points calculators online and there is a great app on iphone as well.
  • From what I've heard, Weight Watchers is going to be tweaking the new plan. I think making fruit have a point value of 0 is where they went wrong, along with giving people 29 points. With Momentum, a point is lost for every 10lbs lost (Roughly) because ones body needs fewer calories.

Unfortunately, my leader talked me out of switching back to Momentum when I posted here last, which was a few weeks ago. I've been struggling, gaining and losing, gaining and losing. I'm definately going to switch back tomorrow because I can't deal with this up and down crap every week.
  • Quote: I knew that on the PP, I would be allowed 29 points (forevermore). That means that I could have eaten 4 of the entrees for the day, which would have been less than 1200 cals!
    I do not think WW was right to make 29 points the minimum daily points for such a wide range of people. That said --- the above isn't quite right either.

29 PP is the minimum points you are to target to eat each day. It is not the maximum. There are 3 ways to eat more than that.

1. Use weekly points. If you eat them and divide them out evenly over the week then that is 36 PP a day which adds roughly another 260 to 280 calories a day (depending on what you eat) that everyone can choose to eat (or not).

2. Earn and use activity points. For me -- if I ate 1600 calories a day, I wouldn't lose unless I was also heavily active. If you are active it is entirely fine to eat the points that you earn.

3. Get to maintenance and add back in points until the point that you are maintaining and no longer losing.

The above things are true for Points Plus or Momentum, just how you count the points is different.