How Long Did It Take?

• Hi Everyone.

I was wondering how long did it take to start losing weight on Weight Watchers? Did you have weight loss on your second weigh in or did it take like a month?

I ask because I did low carb before and with that way of eating you see alot of water weight go the first week and it kinda gets you motivated but I havent really seen any posts where people are dropping fast in the beginning on Weight Watchers. I just want to know what to expect.
  • Hi - I'm doing WW and have for 4 weeks as of today. My weight loss was 5 lbs on week one, 1 pound on week 2, 3 pounds on week 3 and 1 pound on week 4. Ten pounds in 4 weeks I also eat low carb because of Insulin Resistance. So far so good
  • How are you finding the low carb WW program?
  • WW is not a low carb plan. Your choices could make it one, but then you wouldn't get in your 9 GHGs.
  • There's a big difference between low carb and NO carb. You can eat a low carb diet and still get in the GHG by eating whole grain bread, cereal or pasta.

I plan this week to cut down a bit on the carbs I eat. I tend to eat a lot of carbs...so I'm going to try cutting more carbs and putting in more lean protein, veggies that are a little heavier, etc. I'm not a huge fan of wheat bread so I'm trying to find one that I like.
  • I saw a loss at my first weigh in. So, yeah, the first week.
  • Lost weight on first WI. 3 1/2 weeks later down 12 pounds!
  • The first time I followed WW I lost 5 pounds in the first week. I too used to follow low carb, but I found ww a lot easier to maintain. In my little research, I lost about the same amount of weight with atkins and ww, with only about month difference in time. It came off a little fast with atkins but I was miserable half the time.
  • Definately a loss on the first week for me ... wk 1 - 3.75lb, wk 2 - 4.0lb, wk 3 - 2lb etc .. now I'm on week 14 and have lost 34lbs