3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Had a bad weekend!!! Fell off the wagon :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/188460-had-bad-weekend-fell-off-wagon.html)

Christine1128 12-20-2009 10:17 PM

Had a bad weekend!!! Fell off the wagon :(

Fellow Weight Watchers,

This weekend totally blew... I mean it was a great weekend (a xmas party, my distance bf visited, and I went out to bars last night for the first time in a few months). However, weight watchers flew out the window. I ate cookies and quiche, had drinks galore, and enjoyed left-overs I knew I should not have been eating in the portions I was eating! Plus this past week I only made it to the gym once and I've been going 4-5x/wk for the past 6 months!

I know what I need to do this week to get on track and I'm prepared to do it. I WILL have self control and I WILL go to the gym a few times. I WILL lay off the desserts and drinks.

What I'm stressed/upset about is that my WW meetings are Wednesdays. I hate facing the scale when I gained. I've lost 17.8 lbs on Weight watchers over the course of 6 months (slow and steady!!!) and I'm 0.4 lbs from my 10%. I was really really hoping to get to this goal this week but it's not going to happen... I think I'm going to have a pretty substantial gain on Wed and I'm not mentally prepared to face it! If I had to guess, I'd say I gained about 2 lbs this week :( I just know it will be my biggest gain to date.

Any words of inspiration on facing the scale?? HELP!!! I so badly want to skip the meeting but I know I shouldn't...

Thanks,

Gained n' Guilty

Summer2010 12-21-2009 07:10 PM

I think it will be better for you to go to the meeting and "face the scale"! Speaking from experience, one week I ate more points than I should have and figured that I wouldn't go to the meeting because I could lose the weight by the end of the following week...I was like you (did not want to see the gain on the scale)...what happened next you ask? Well, the following week I was not as good as I could have been and the scale showed a gain of 1 lb. Thinking back, I wish I had gone that first week because that would have made me get back on track right away...Good luck!

QuilterInVA 12-22-2009 11:37 AM

This is exactly the time you need to go to your meeting and face the scale. It might not be as bad as you think. Get some support from others at the meeting. Plan your meals in advance so you can enjoy a few treats here and there.

janann 12-22-2009 11:29 PM

Go to a meeting. The scale might not be as bad as you think. Go back to book 1. I think that if you redo book 1, it will help motivate you to lose. This time of year is going to be hard with all the baking and parties but you can do it. The longer you wait to go back, the harder it will be. You worked really hard in the past 6 months.

Christine1128 12-24-2009 08:50 AM

Thank you all for the responses and encouragement. You all helped me suck it up, swallow my pride, and step on the scale yesterday at my meeting. I gained less than I expected-- 1 lb. Seeing the number in my booklet definitely makes it more concrete and puts into perspective exactly how much my bad eating behavior was making me gain! I stayed for the meeting, which was about positive self talking and celebrating small goals. I'm so ready to get through the holiday now bc I have the motivation I needed from my meeting (and from this forum!) Thanks so much to all that contributed... You all were right, "facing the scale" was a good wake-up call and hearing the leader talk about positive self talking really hit home for me! Now I'm off to a spin class (had the motivation to get my butt out of bed early this morning!) so I can have an extra drink tonight for xmas eve ;) happy holidays all, thx for the support!!!