Old 01-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #1  

Default Starting tomorrow - question

hi!
so i'm going to join WW this week, but i want to start tomorrow on the diet regardless.
I'm planning on doing the core plan, but then read that it has been changed to this. I have an old WW book with the Core foods listed. Can I use that for now? are there big changes b/w the two that will screw up my diet plans until I'm able to make it to a meeting?
I'm doing a big Fresh Direct (online grocery shopping) order tonight and want to make sure I'm using an ok list to shop from.
thanks for the help!
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #2  

Default confused :(

One more question -
I think i'm getting confused partially because I'm use to doing South Beach.
I know a potato is OK to have. So if i have one for lunch... can i also have one for dinner without counting it? Or have another type of carb and not count it?

how does that work with the core foods that are starchy/ carby?

Also - do you only get 35 points a week, or do you get daily points as well as the 35.

Thanks again for the help. Just trying to figure this out before the start of the week. If I can't get a grasp before I can make it to a meeting, i'll just do South Beach...
Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Well now they ask you to count points for the first couple weeks before you switch to simply filling (formerly "core") plan. The reason for this is so you can get better aquainted with proper portion sizes, but if you want to do simply filling right off the bat no one is going to stop you. I've never selected to do core/simply filling so I'm not 100% sure this is right, but I think you can eat anything on the simply filling list until you are satisfied (but not full/stuffed) without counting points. You're 35 weekly points are for any non-core/simply filling food items you want to eat.

Now if you chose to do the momentum (formerly "flex"- point counting) plan then you will have daily points in addition to your 35 weekly points.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 01-03-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #4  

thanks for the help!
So, simply filling is one plan - and that one is basically the core plan. you get 35 points for non core foods and that's it.
momentum is different and is NOT core related, right? I think i got confused and thought momentum was basically core... but it's simply filling that is basically core.
whew! oy!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #5  
Amazing will be me

yeah u can use it now
no matter whatr changes have been made they will only have been made to create variety to our busy modern day life
your book worked then so it will now and any positive change to your diet you will have a weight loss good luck xx
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

yeah... momentum= used to be flex (count points for everything).... simply filling= used to be core (don't count points for foods on the list, have 35 points for foods not on the list)
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #7  

great! thanks everyone for the help!
i'm excited to start. I was always fit but several back injuries and a lack of exercise has made my weight has creep up (im 35) and it sure doesn't come off like it use to! I'm 5'6" and about 180. I'd love to lose about 20 lbs or so. So silly when i look back at the days i was 130lbs and thought i needed to lose weight! ahh youth.