WW fruit and veggie challenge

• So last week at my meeting our leader challenged us to try a new fruit or veggie that we have never tried before. I was just wondering if any of the rest of you are doing this? If so, what are you trying?

I just bought a lemon cucumber. I have no idea what to do with it, about to ask google!
  • Yes. I tried Butternut Squash fries from Hungry Girl's Website. They were great!
  • so the lemon cucumber tastes pretty much the same as a regular cucumber. Not as exciting and different as i'd hoped. I might look for another new veggie tomorrow
  • I bought jicama. makes a very refreshing salad with lime juice, chili powder, olive oil and a little salt. full of fiber, low in cals.
  • wow you guys are good! I couldn't think of anything new because i'm verryyyyy picky with my veggies!
    those butternut squash fries sound amazing though!
  • We have the same challenge at my meeting. I tried jicama (I didn't even know I was pronouncing it wrong until my leader corrected someone else who said it the same way I thought, with a hard j) but I just ate it plain - tastes like an apple combined with a potato - so it didn't taste nearly as good as seagirl's sounds.

I am thinking of getting some starfruit next. I've seen it in the store plenty of times but have never tried it.
  • This challenge kind of inspired me. I have since tried okra (sp?), sweet peppers, snap peas (omg I love them), purple wax beans (pretty much purple green beans), zucinni (sp?), gooseberries (not so good), and I've re-discovered yellow squash