Hi from a new WWer

• Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a few weeks, and wanted to thank you all for the valuable advice I've found here on this board. You are all so inspiring!

I've been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager (I'm 24 now) and I finally got fed up and decided to get serious about changing my life. 3 weeks ago I joined WW on the Momentum program. I've been surprised by how easy it is to incorporate it into my life- I love that I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I've only lost 3 lbs so far, but I guess any loss is movement in the right direction. My goal is to get back to the body I had when I was a dancer- it'll be a long journey, but I think I'm finally ready!

Looking forward to chatting with you all
  • Welcome, great job on losing the three pounds! Keep it up
  • Thank you!!
  • Welcome! I'm new too. Looks like we also started WW at the same time. I've lost 5.4lbs so far and I agree that it is easy. I like that I don't feel restricted. Congrats on your loss so far. Keep up the good work!
  • Welcome, Primaballerina and Missy! (PrimaB -- Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorite actresses too!)

WW IS easy -- I'm glad you're finding it so. As with any plan, you lose a bit more the first couple of weeks, and then it settles down to between 1 and 2 pounds a week. I have often found this too slow, and then realized that if I'd lost 1 pound a week 10 years ago when I weighed what I weighed now, I would have been at goal a long time ago.

Please post often so we'll know how you're doing. You'll find people here very helpful in answering questions, too.
  • Welcome! I started WW in mid-September and really like it, I wish I had started it years ago but better late than never.
  • Looks like WW is the way to go. I am getting ready to sign up to do it at home. Congrats and good luck!
  • Hi CarolinaGirl- Yes!! You should give it a try...It's definitely effective and it doesn't leave you feeling deprived. I wish I had started a year ago!

Good luck, and keep us posted
  • Welcome. You will do great on WW. And as you said, it is a livable program that you can actually do forever. I love it and have had great success on it. I still go to meetings every week. I love the meetings. Anyway, keep up the good work.
  • Hi Run4Change,

Thanks for the welcome I just randomly stumbled across your blog on another thread, and WOW- you are SO inspirational!! What an incredible accomplishment. You've inspired me to stop making excuses about the sub-zero temperatures we're experiencing and get running again. Thanks!
  • Hi. I am also new. Congrats on losing the weight. I am thinking about joining ww. How is the momentum program? I am very interested in it.
  • OMG! That's alot of weight lost. How long did it take? Congrats on your accomplishments. I am thinking about joing ww. Any help that you can give me about ww will be great. You are inspiring. Now I feel like I can do it too. My weight wasn't coming off cuz I had an inactive thyroid. Now hopefully I can achieve my weight loss goals.
  • Hi Destiny, welcome to you too!

The momentum program is really good- I can't speak to a comparison to previous programs since I have only ever done momentum, but I find it to be really easy to follow and a realistic plan that works with my life. I like that you're not restricted to eating processed or tasteless food, and i love that i can still eat things like cheese, potatoes, pasta, and dessert. It just makes you think more about portions, and I've found that I'm satisfied with a lot less than what I used to eat. Sometimes I even have trouble finishing all my daily points!

I understand your frustration with the thyroid- my doctors always think i have the same program because my body fights me so diligently whenever I try to lose weight, but my bloodwork always comes back negative...nevertheless, I know what it's like to have a body that seems to be working against you! I would really recommend the program- It's working for me, and obviously many other people here have had great success also. If you stick to your points it WILL work. I wish I had started years ago! Best of luck to you