3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   A small set back (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/162650-small-set-back.html)

itsfunlovinfran 01-25-2009 11:09 PM

A small set back

Hi there fellow dieters--

I wanted to get some poster's input regarding "bad days". For example, I have been doing WW for almost 14 days (tomorrow) and last night I was invited to Carabbas. Saturdays, by the way, are my most difficult days. I have even made the conscious decision to save all my bonus points for the week for my weekends due to knowing my weekends are hard to abide by. Anyway, I did my damnedest to have only 2 pieces of bruschetta, about 1/2 cups of Fried Calamari, and then I got their basic spaghetti and tomato sauce. By the end of the evening, I felt so ill (because I ate so much), that I had splurger's regrets. I did my best, and calculated that I consumed around 40 points in the one sitting.

Here is my dilemma. Although I tend to overestimate how many points I'm consuming, I still fear that I've gone over my bonus points for the week, PLUS my regular points for Saturday.

I was in so much pain from the virtual explosion my stomach was under that I vowed not to do that to myself again.

I guess I've just fallen off the horse and now have to get back on. The good news is that I have had a very light Sunday and are well within my daily point range.

Has this ever happened to you? And what have you done to try and steer clear from this happening again. If you know that you have certain days that are difficult to diet on--for me, it is the weekends--how do you control that? What precautions do you take?

Thank you for any input you may have to assist! Goodluck everyone!

Sincerely,
Francesca:o

choirgirlhotel 01-26-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsfunlovinfran (Post 2575420)
Hi there fellow dieters--

I wanted to get some poster's input regarding "bad days". For example, I have been doing WW for almost 14 days (tomorrow) and last night I was invited to Carabbas. Saturdays, by the way, are my most difficult days. I have even made the conscious decision to save all my bonus points for the week for my weekends due to knowing my weekends are hard to abide by. Anyway, I did my damnedest to have only 2 pieces of bruschetta, about 1/2 cups of Fried Calamari, and then I got their basic spaghetti and tomato sauce. By the end of the evening, I felt so ill (because I ate so much), that I had splurger's regrets. I did my best, and calculated that I consumed around 40 points in the one sitting.

Here is my dilemma. Although I tend to overestimate how many points I'm consuming, I still fear that I've gone over my bonus points for the week, PLUS my regular points for Saturday.

I was in so much pain from the virtual explosion my stomach was under that I vowed not to do that to myself again.

I guess I've just fallen off the horse and now have to get back on. The good news is that I have had a very light Sunday and are well within my daily point range.

Has this ever happened to you? And what have you done to try and steer clear from this happening again. If you know that you have certain days that are difficult to diet on--for me, it is the weekends--how do you control that? What precautions do you take?

Thank you for any input you may have to assist! Goodluck everyone!

Sincerely,
Francesca:o

Well, you're already ahead of the game by identifying your weak spots (the weekend). You will have to plan ahead for the weekend. if there is something that you usually like to have or crave on the weekend, you will have to find a low-fat substitute for it.

For example, I LOVE chips and dip. That is my favorite snack in the whole wide world. However, obviously that's not feasible every weekend to have. So...I either have Baked Lays or low-fat crackers and make my own low-fat dip using fat-free sour cream and onion soup mix. (actually, I haven't had this in a very long time, but I used to!)

So.....planning ahead and creating substitutions for high-fat, high-calorie snacks that you like to eat on the weekend.

If you know you are going to a certain restaurant, try to see the menu beforehand and PLAN what you are going to eat before you go!!

Hope that helps.

~CGH~

missjay 01-26-2009 07:00 PM

Look Online For Their Menu First

I haven't tried going out to eat yet I too been doing ww for 3 weeks. I did go to applebee's bc they have ww menu. I'm afraid I love Carrba's too especially their bread. That's what the 35 points are for. Just have clean slate on Mondays