Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Perhaps WW isn't for me?

I don't know ppl, I need some help!! I joined WW in July, lost 11 pounds, gained it back, and started again September 1st...point of my story, I lost like 6 pounds and now still following the plan - getting my 2 oils, drinking about 3 ltrs of water a day, getting my milk, eating lots of veggies and extra lean protien, and getting anywhere from 3-7 activity points a day, and i dont usually use my 35 extra points, its rare i even touch them, and my last 3 weigh ins have been gains...of a pound or more, I am at 211.6, VERY FRUSTRATED...why can't I lose?? Do you think maybe WW just isnt for me??? Even the ladies at my meetings are stumped....I need help, its really ruining me.
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

That boggles my mind aswell,
Maybe change something up - do more exercises? Eat different foods?
Try it for a couple weeks and see if it helps.
I've never heard of WW not being for someone, I thought it would work with everyone?. Who knows.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

It is not impossible to have a metabolism too low to lose on WW, but it isn't very common, and may signal an underlying health problem affecting your metabolism.

I think you should see your doctor about getting tested for health porblems that can lower metabolism, or even ask for a referal to an endocrinologist. Insulin resistance/diabetes, and thyroid condition comes to mind, but there are other endocrine issues that can also cause a sluggish metabolism.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #4  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
and i dont usually use my 35 extra points,
Maybe this is it. Many folks who are counting calories find that they need to increase their calories to lose weight. If you're eating too little, your body may be working hard to hang onto the weight. Try spending some of those points on some more healthy foods.

On the other side, you may want to make sure you're correctly measuring your portions. It's easy to eat a lot more than you think if you're just eyeballing foods. If you're eating a lot of prepackaged foods, they usually have a lot of sodium in them which causes you to retain water.

Good luck.

Last edited by WebRover; 10-20-2008 at 10:09 PM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I'd second WebRover's first suggestion - Try eating more. If you aren't using your weekly FPs or your APs and you are exercising that much, you might not be feeding your body enough. Try upping your intake for a week or two and see if it helps. It sounds counter-intuitive but it really can be just the thing.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #6  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

I agree - try eating more, especially lean proteins. I tried LAWL last year and GAINED weight eating less than 1000 calories a day. And if that doesn't work, try switching to Core. The change may be the boost your metabolism needs. Good Luck and HANG IN THERE!!!
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/176/135

Height: 5'2

Likewise, my initial reaction was use some of your extra points. I've done WW a few times, always successfully, although I don't stick with it to keep off what I lost long term, and I find that I actually do better if I use my weekly points. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it really seems to work better if you eat closer to the limits of what you are allowed. Your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Other suggestion is to weigh/measure and journal every single bite -- sometime I get sloppy about what I am really eating, and I start calling a bowlful "1/2 cup", and that will destroy your efforts every time.
If you still don't lose, take those very detailed journals to your doctor, and he/she can review them to see what tests you may need. But hang in there, sweetie! Keep in touch!
donnalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Also have you tried doing the Wendy plan? it may be just what your body needs to shake things up too, keep your metabolism guessing. Are you eating alot of the exact same meals? maybe it's time for a menu overhaul too. Don't give up yet, you may just be at a set point too with your body and it's fighting you but it's all science and your will to lose will win in the end. Hang in there!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #9  

aww Thank you everybody!! I am really trying to stay strong. its such a battle. What is the wendy plan?? I would love something to just try and mix things up for a week or two, because I used to that, but that diet was ridiculous, and I cant even imagine trying it again it was like a fat flush...anyhoo. Thanks again everyone, if nothing changes this weigh in (Saturday) I will indeed try eating my AP or FP's or something...I know Im not ready for core, but I gotta do what I gotta do I guess. lets hope something changes!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #10  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

The Wendie plan is a play on the WW plan...you take your points allowance and divvy them up during the week (similar to calorie switching)...here is a link: http://www.ezdiet.org/the-wendie-plan/
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #11  

wow. and so whoever has tried this WENDIE plan...it helped get out of the plateau?? I am really interested in trying it!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #12  

Oh. WebRover, thanks. But I should have mentioned, everything I eat is low sodium or organic(so none at all), and very rarely do I eat frozen meals, and I measure and weigh everything I eat, using scales and portioned spoons and measuring cups....this is why I am so stumped!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Being that you're being so careful, I would even more suspect an underlying medical problem affecting metabolism, especially if you're premenopausal.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #14  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

I think you have more than likely put your body in a starvation mode...its important to fit in both your flex and activity points too...try that for a week and see how you do.
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #15  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Then I definitely believe you're not eating enough. I'd highly recommend you consider eating your extra points. These really are points you are intended to use. In an older version of the WW plan, these points were divvied up across the days and increased your total daily allowed points. You are exercising quite a bit and really need those calories. Best wishes in breaking through and getting back to losing.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote