Newbie with a question...

• Hi everyone!

I apologize if this has been addressed in the past. I read through many of the posts but didn't find anything on this topic.

I started WW Monday night (my first meeting) and started right away on Tuesday, so today is my second day on the program. I started on Flex but think will eventually move to Core, because I am finding that I have several moments of hunger throughout the day.

With that said, I have 26pts a day and I am wondering how many points I should save for dinner? Or do you all first plan what you will have for dinner and work around that? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated!!!!! I want to show up to my 2nd meeting a little lighter
  • In the beginning, I just kind of decided what I wanted and then counted up the points... (I had 40 points, so it wasn't an issue)

Now, I usually plan to have about 6-7 pts for breakfast. 8-10 pts for lunch, and then leave the rest for dinner & a snack. Whatever happens to be leftover that's how it works.

As I plan more meals, then it's not just the dinner that I work out ahead of time, but my whole day. Certainly, though, I may think "Hey I want BBQ chicken for dinner tomorrow... I'll have x for lunch so that I can do that." All workable. All normal.

I hope that helps a little.

Any other questions, ask away!!!
  • There are no rules or guidelines regarding this... WW really wants you to eat in a normal fashion, not as dictated by some system. The way it tends to work out for me is 6 points for every meal, 4 points for snacks. If I have a lighter breakfast, I get a bigger dinner. I always plan out my meals in advance so I make sure the math works and that I can find something to eat with the number of points I have left to me in the evening!
  • Quote: I always plan out my meals in advance ...
    This method is what works for many, many people. Personally, I'm a planner, and like to see my plan in writing ahead of time so there is no guessing or remorse, lol.

Others begin their 24 hour period with the evening meal, then eat accordingly for the next day's breakfast and lunch.
  • thank you all for your input!