3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Fiber One bars. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/152646-fiber-one-bars.html)

xdominic89x 09-28-2008 04:45 PM

Fiber One bars.

These things are the freaking devil. They taste so delicious but make me feel soooo terrible throughout the day. Does anyone else have this problem? I think it's the whole sugar alcohol thing. Makes me extremely gassy and nauseous.

tamaralynn 09-28-2008 04:52 PM

At my work they were giving them out as well as allowing you to enter into a contest for one free year's worth of groceries!!!

One thing I've noticed about myself is when I eat more fibre than I'm used to consuming in one sitting - I do get gassy and bloated. Which was what happened with me when I ate their Oats & Chocolate bar.

Maybe you need to add a little more daily fibre intake? I know I do :)

Monkeybabies 09-28-2008 04:53 PM

You know...I agree that they are the freaking devil...because they do taste sooo good and I always want more....but, I do not get the terrible feeling afterwards. Hmmm, I kinda wish I did so I would not eat them anymore. You are probably right...I bet the sugar alcohols is the culprit.

xdominic89x 09-28-2008 04:56 PM

I actually do eat lots of fiber. Maybe eating these too is throwing me off the edge?

luckymommy 09-28-2008 05:16 PM

I actually think they're too sweet, but I still like them because I like sweet, although not quite that much. When I eat them, I also feel a bit out of control. Despite the fiber content, they make me crave more sugar.

leela0730 09-28-2008 05:20 PM

All the ladies in my old WW group learned the hard way to NEVER, EVER eat more than one FiberOne bar in a day! Oh, it will not be pretty if you do. They used to make me very bloated, because I was eating them when I wasn't used to fiber. I think primarily the bloat comes from all the fiber in them....but now that I have gotten used to eating a lot more fiber, I can eat one FiberOne bar each day for a snack without feeling bloated or gassy.

But, seriously....eating more than one in a day can be risky! :)

suitejudyblueeyes 09-28-2008 05:39 PM

:o They do that to me too. I just can't have them anymore.

I eat plenty of fiber on a regular basis, so I don't think it's the extra fiber that really rips up my insides - I think it has something to do, like dominic said, with sugar alcohols or some other ingredient in them. That and they are on the sweet side for my tastes - but mostly it's the hours and hours of gassy uncomfortableness that keeps me away from them now!

traveling michele 09-28-2008 05:56 PM

Hmmm.... I eat one every day. No problems. I have had two on occasion at that didn't go well though.... I even take them out of town with me to keep on plan as much as possible.

texscrapper 09-30-2008 08:02 AM

I also eat one every day, sometimes 2 a day, and never have any problems. I was talking with a friend and she mentioned her husband had terrible pain after eating Fiber One bars though! I think it may be a person to person thing vs the bars

DollyLang 10-01-2008 09:21 AM

I'm going to pay closer attention to this. I have days where I have a lot of gas, some I dont. I don't eat them every day, so maybe this is why. They don't make me nauseous though.

~Dolly

crazy4weightloss 10-01-2008 08:08 PM

I've never had any problems with them. I have been known to eat more then one too;)

luvmyfam 10-02-2008 02:06 AM

I think they are delicious, and I, too, sometimes end up wanting more than one a day. BUT, as others have mentioned, I do get very gassy, esp. if I eat more than one. I do think it's the fiber because I've eaten other sugary things with no bad after-effects. Most of the other stuff has not had the high fiber.

Now, I have recently tried the Fiber One caramel squares cereal. With an entire cup of milk I believe it's 5 points, but is satisfying. For some reason, I don't have the same problem with the cereal.

KimberlyinMN 11-16-2008 09:26 PM

Yep... I've learned the hard way that more than one bar a day causes me to have a LOT of gas. I also eat Quaker's high fiber oatmeal for breakfast (10 grams of fiber). Oatmeal and one Fiber One bar is okay.. more than that one and... YIKES! Thank goodness I work from home but I have gone shopping a few times. Egad, I practically need a pressure valve installed. :D

foxsealady 11-17-2008 11:26 AM

I've only recently discovered Fiber One bars. They're so good. I haven't really had any issues with flatulence-or anyhting related. Although, I actually get the Target private label (yes I'm a cheapskate) and it could be that. Or maybe I can just really hold my fiber.

KimberlyinMN 11-17-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxsealady (Post 2456822)
I've only recently discovered Fiber One bars. They're so good. I haven't really had any issues with flatulence-or anyhting related. Although, I actually get the Target private label (yes I'm a cheapskate) and it could be that. Or maybe I can just really hold my fiber.

Oooh... I didn't know that Target had a private label version.. I might have to check that out! I'm a cheapskate for sure. We shop at Wal-Mart and almost always use their store brand. Some things we stick with, like the brand of ketchup, but others taste the same. :) Our Super Target is super tiny... If they have more than 10 half-length aisles, I'd be surprised.