Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls,

Well, I drank last night (big surprise). Not a TON -- 2 gin and tonics and 2 glasses of wine...then I came home and ate a bowl of cereal and some saltines. But THEN, this morning, I stepped on the scale and it said 129!! So, I believe that the dehydration could be playing a part in this, but still, that made me feel really happy and is motivating me to get some exercise in today. A walk, I think, followed by an exercise video. I would love to get a real 129 on Monday -- into the 120s!!

Snoopy -- I wish I had some suggestions for high point and healthy...perhaps olive oil? High fiber bread dipped in olive oil? I remember Jaime using this as a way to get her healthy oils in. As for only having 20 points a day, it's doable! Challenging, but doable. But I think you're smart to go about this slowly. It seems like you're approaching WL with a good head on your shoulders!

Chey -- yikes, works sounds like a nightmare! But wow, I was just looking at your sig -- you are doing so well with the WL!! I hope these few weeks don't throw you off too much. Good luck!

VDay -- Ah, I see. Well good luck with that promotion! And I love the new pic -- you look gorgeous!

Scorpio -- glad you found us, too!

Nessa -- good for you to be OP while eating out. That is one of my biggest challenges.

Jaime -- exciting about the job prospect! You are inspiring me to look for real work (I've picked up a waitressing shift at a local bar, decent money but ugggggghhhhhhh).

Faerie -- hi!

OK. I want to itch my eye right out of my head. Gah. But the scale was in the 120s this morning, and I'm going for a walk in this nice autumny air. Have a good day, all!

S
Old 09-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #32  

Oof. I just added up my points from yesterday -- 52! Ugh. I'm over my FPs for the week. But good for me for writing it all down anyway, right?? I almost didn't do it...
Old 09-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #33  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
Oof. I just added up my points from yesterday -- 52! Ugh. I'm over my FPs for the week. But good for me for writing it all down anyway, right?? I almost didn't do it...

yes it's good for you to write them down and be honest about it.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #34  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies !!

I am doing Flex. On my own. No meetings available in my area on days I have off. =( Oh well, I am keeping track of my points. So far so good. Today I had a grilled chicken club from Hardee's. EEEEK !!! I thought it would be high in points, but I can splurge once in a while.....but dang...30 gms of fat. I feel like I could have had a tub of butter for that amount of fat. sheesh.

I know on WW we are supposed to get "extra" points for exercise. Can anyone explain that to me? PM if you need to.

I am soooo motivated. Only 2 lbs before the 20lbs lost mark...woot !!! I was looking the the success thread and seeing the pictures and chomping at the bit to get my body into smaller sizes and to be able to SEE a difference.

Have a great weekend all !!

Last edited by luvin2lose; 09-20-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

HI all
I am new to this side of the message board. Previously I was over in the WLS for awhile but I have been denied the surgery. In May when I started the WLS process I was not able to walk and thought it would be the last recourse for me. However due to a spinal procedure I had this past week I am able to walk now with one cane and hopefully in another 1-1/2 to 2 weeks I can walk without any canes. It is going to take some time as I had been pretty much wheelchair bound for 14 years.

Since I have been denied the WLS and I had such great results with WW in 2005 I figured WW was the way to go again to get off the remaining 150+ pounds. I had lost 90 pounds from 2005 to 2006 and than switched to NS from 2006 to 2007 and lost another 100 pounds but in Nov went off NS (could not afford it any more) and gained back 40 of the original 190 pounds I had lost. Yes you read that correctly. Being on a scooter for all those years, not being able to exercise the way I use to and not watching what I ate cause me to gain a huge amount of weight. So I needed to lose that extra 40 plus an additional 150 pounds. I am not looking at the huge amount but only 25 pounds at a time.

What kind of support is offered here on the boards? are you all accountable to each other and discuss what you plan to eat and had eaten and whether you exercised etc? Being new and alone on this journey I am needing all the support I can find. So hope to hear more about this group and if I will fit in with you all.
TTFN
Amanda
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Amanda

This group of ladies here are awesome. They can be 'moms', sista friends, and confidants all at one time. I have NEVER been a member of a forum that was this friendly and supportive EVER.

You can come here to cry, scream in frustration and to celebrate (no matter how big or small the celebration) and people will respond! That saying "two heads are better than one" -- well, here there are many brains that will help you figure out stuff. If you have a hard time exercising - there will be someone with an idea for you. Recipes? There are bunches. Tips & Tricks? LOL - lots of those here too.

Mostly - I come here because I have made some pretty damn good virtual friends here. I often think about many of them during the day and wonder how they are doing.

Just jump right in girl... grab a seat and start chatting!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

luvin2lose! I just noticed that your start and goal weight and height is very similar to mine! I am following the flex program on my own (with the help of all the peeps here).. LOL too.

I just want to say to everyone... if you mess up one day, don't beat yourself up about it! I have done it many times, and have just moved on. In fact - I soooooooo wanted that double cheesburger from Hardees last week I just did it. I bit into it and chewed with my eyes closed. and then bit into a french fry... yum. I planned on it though and what I ate - although not very healthy, fit into my points for the day with an extra 5 of my FPs. Then I was mindful the rest of the week. Now, I couldn't have done that the first 2 months of my 'journey' because my willpower wasn't good enough.

I am doing this for the rest of my life. I am watching what I eat, how much I eat and making better choices now and for the rest of my life. If I want that burger, I am going to eat it. What WW has taught me is that one meal isn't going to wreck me because now I know that if I do that more often, I will end up where I was. I feel no guilt - I just deal and go on.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #38  

Hey there and to all the newbies! This is such a fantastic forum, like Chey says, everyone here is just so kind and caring. Stick around!!

Well, quick report (I've been using up all my posting energy on the TBL forums! Those puppies are BUSY!) -- I binged last night, as I was babysitting and bored and had access to all that kid food that I never keep around (chips, grilled cheese, brownies). It's almost like I'm conditioned to eat junk when I'm at their house. I gotta change that for next time! Anyway, lots of water today, some sort of exercise, and I'm planning on finishing up getting art hung up in my room and finishing unpacking.

Hope everyone has a wonderful sunday!
S
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

Chevy
Thanks for the welcome. It sounds like a great place here and I hope I can get and give all that you mentioned. Perhaps you or someone can help me with the weight tracker thing. It is funny as I was working on mine yesterday and I also used the heart line even before I saw yours. We think alike. It wasn't appearing yesterday but it is here today. Weird!
Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
Amanda

This group of ladies here are awesome. They can be 'moms', sista friends, and confidants all at one time. I have NEVER been a member of a forum that was this friendly and supportive EVER.

You can come here to cry, scream in frustration and to celebrate (no matter how big or small the celebration) and people will respond! That saying "two heads are better than one" -- well, here there are many brains that will help you figure out stuff. If you have a hard time exercising - there will be someone with an idea for you. Recipes? There are bunches. Tips & Tricks? LOL - lots of those here too.

Mostly - I come here because I have made some pretty damn good virtual friends here. I often think about many of them during the day and wonder how they are doing.

Just jump right in girl... grab a seat and start chatting!

Last edited by ssflbelle; 09-21-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Lizzy - I have always wanted to start meditating but it seems as though I can't get the time to even begin,

Faerie - Good Idea with online WW meetings. Sometimes I want to talk more than I do. Don't want to seem self-centered. Good job on the MOTIVATION.

Snoopygirl - Welcome and only a jealous kind of friend tells her friend she won't last. You will last you have plenty of support from us.

As with me I have used 20 FP this weekend so starting tomorrow I am done playing. 27 points only. Anyway I will post again tomorrow when I have more time to read and post....
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Amanda!
I've been around these boards for a long time, but just joined WW the end of July. I, too, was paperwork approved for WLS, but my dh and some friends convinced me to give WW one more chance. I never did the points before and am really loving it. I totally do NOT want the WLS and have committed myself to WW for the long haul. As you can see, I have a long way to go too. My first goal is 50 pounds by New Years Eve. I have nearly 20 off so far and I think I have a chance at making it the 50 pound goal. As others have said, if I go off program, I just get right back on the next meal. I have never stayed op this long before and know I will make my goal. It if takes a year or two, so what. The program is awesome!
Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #42  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Everyone!

I'll be responding to everyone shortly enough... but for now just a quick update.

Had a very lovely weekend. Stayed OP, albeit w/o exercise. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but I'll be exercising tonight after work. (No excuses, right?)

Selected our dinner choices for the wedding & rehearsal dinner. Scoped the place out a little more. Selected a florist & made flower choices. So only detail works to be finished now. I'm getting excited
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #43  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Morning all.

Faerie when is the wedding... what did you pick for dinner choices????
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #44  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Morning all.

Faerie when is the wedding... what did you pick for dinner choices????
October 18th Less than a month!

Oh boy, nothing healthy

Rehearsal Dinner:

Appetizer Choices:
New England Clam Chower (would be a crime if I didn't include this at a New Englandy wedding)
Spinach Salad
Maine Lobster Cakes
Scallops wrapped in bacon

Dinner Choices:
Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon
Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon

Reception:

Appetizer:

New Hampshire Pumpkin Bisque
Mixed Green Salad

Dinner Choices:
Baked Stuffed Haddock
Chicken Colby Hill (A stuffed Chicken)
Bonnie Brae Venison Osso Bucco
Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #45  

CakeBatter -- The only way I'm meditating now is because I’m in a class at school where that is our "homework." Our prof is really persuasive about the benefits, even as it relates to allergies, which I suffer with terribly, so I'm really trying to make it a habit! I know how you feel about having used so many FPs. I totally screwed myself last week and I'm glad to be starting a new week now!

Mom2Five -- great attitude!! Your goal seems challenging but doable. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Faerie -- yay for wedding arrangements and staying OP!! I can't wait to see pics of you in your dress (you will post some, right??) Yum your menu sounds delish.

------------------------------
Well, I had my WI this morning, down to 131.5. So close to those 120s!! I knew that post-drinking WI was a tease, especially considering how I ate all weekend. It's really bad news for me once I go over my FPs -- I hate going onto the WW site and logging in and seeing that big red negative number telling me how badly I've deviated. I'm going to check out the meal planning board and made one step toward getting back on track. Then, time to meditate, have some coffee, and get to work on work related things.

S
Closed Thread