Flex Talk #15

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • oh Faerie that sounds so good... and not too bad.

Oct is a lovely time of year to get married.
  • Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Amanda - I'm new here too, just started last week. It's nice to have a place to come where people understand and are on the same journey!

Chey - I understand what you're saying about learning to make better choices for the rest of my life. Some of these changes (like grabbing a soda after breakfast, or a candy bar & soda at the checkout line) are really hard, because they've become such a habit. Right now it's a very pointed effort not to do those things.

Faerie - Your wedding menu sounds wonderful! Less than a month to go, how exciting!

I had my first weigh-in this morning (I'm doing WW online, so no meetings) and I'm down 2.8 lbs. I know this will be a slow process, but I'm happy to see the scale starting to move in the right direction. I'm also starting the Couch to 5k today, as soon as my little one goes down for a nap.

I started WW last Wednesday, and now I can tell my body is adjusting to this way of eating. I'm no longer feeling hungry after my meals, which is a relief. I think I was just in the habit of eating way too much before!
  • kestrel 2.8 is a great loss! congrats!
  • Thanks! It feels good to get started.

I just finished my Couch to 5k first workout, it kicked my butt. I made it through, though, and will keep going.
  • Ladies. My 11 yr old daughter is wanting to start doing weight watchers with me and I lost my book. She is 165 lbs and 5'2". We are going with 22 points with 35 flex. If you have any other info, please PM me.

thanks
  • Quote: Ladies. My 11 yr old daughter is wanting to start doing weight watchers with me and I lost my book. She is 165 lbs and 5'2". We are going with 22 points with 35 flex. If you have any other info, please PM me.

thanks
    I am not a ww leader but that sounds really low (restrictive?) to me for an 11 year old, who is still growing. Have you spoken to someone from weight watchers about what they recommend for points specifically for children? I know pregnant/nursing moms get xtra points ..maybe kids do too since they have different nurtritional needs?

Wish her the best in her weight loss (and you too!)
  • 22 points for a child seems too low... truly...

have you talked to her doctor?
  • ok here i am
    nervous that my scale at home is screwed up

i have eaten so many grains lately (good grains whole wheat or low fat popcorn) which i've not done much in the last 2 years or so...

and i'm losing. yesterday i had 37 points (i was hungry and i used flex points) and i still have flex points left)

and i'm down ANOTHER POUND this morning.

my official weigh in is not till Wednesday night but....

i'm afraid to get my hopes up!
  • Kestrel -- yay on your loss!! That is so wonderful!! And so great to hear that you're adjusting. I'm doing WW online, too.
    Luvin -- I agree with Snoopy. Not sure what the right answer is, but it seems logical that a child would have different needs than an adult. Your estimate seems appropriate for a grown up, though!
    Nessa -- haha, don't be scared! Just go with it! Fear not, I'm sure you'll hit a plateau eventually and then maybe you'll feel more comfortable, but for now, enjoy the downward slide!! I'm happy for you!
    ------------------------------------

Just wanted to check in quickly. I need to get some work done, but wanted to say
    Had one OP day yesterday. I planned out today, and hoping to have 2 OP days!!

S
  • I hope everyone is having a great start to their week. I am! I weighed in this morning for a loss of 4.8 pounds this week I can't wait to be under 200 again..maybe a few more weeks until I break through..hoping..hoping..hoping

kestrel---that is great about completing your first workout with the couch to 5k; keep it up!!
  • Snoopysgirl congrats on the stupendous loss!
  • luvin - I'm very new to WW, but 22 points for a growing preteen doesn't sound like very many. I think I would chech with WW and her doc first.

Nessa - That's great about losing and your whole grain intake! Let us know about your weigh-in tomorrow.

Snoopysgirl - Congrats on the loss, wow! Under 200 will be so exciting, I'm looking forward to it myself.

Today is a park day, where my friends and I chat while our kids play at the park all day. I've got some leftover turkey chili, roasted veggies from last night, carrot sticks and grapes packed for lunch. Definitely much better than stooping by Wendy's on the way there!
  • nessa - Just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your dog!

Well ladies I am off to my first ultrasound and am VERY excited! DH just got home and he is going with me. I've gained 5 pounds now which means I should try to maintain this weight until the end of week 12 or so. Wish me luck
  • Good Luck!!
  • I just got to hear and see the baby's heartbeat... it was amazing! I cried! They also saiud my estimated due date is May 1st and not the 5th, so I'm about 4 days further along than I thought.