Popcorn

• Has anyone found microwaveable popcorn that is low in fat and sodium? How many points?
  • Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 100 Calorie mini bags. 1 point. 1 g of fat. 140 mg of sodium.
  • I love popcorn the day after we make it in the air popper. I just add popcorn salt. I realize you ask the question because you need the ease of something microwaveable, but we love our air popper!
  • I love my popcorn - maybe I need an airpopper!
  • Quote: I love my popcorn - maybe I need an airpopper!
    I can't recommend one enough! They're just fantastic.
  • I just pop regular popcorn in the microwave. I put a quarter cup in a brown lunch bag and fold the top over, the staple it. (That surprised me, I thought the staple would spark in the microwave but it doesn't. I've also just folded it over and skipped the staple.) Then I microwave it for about 2.5-3 minutes, until the pops are about 3 seconds apart. Comes out great!

The instructions I read also put in about a tsp of olive oil, but it works fine without it too. For topping I sprinkle on a little bit of lime juice and some chili powder and a bit of salt, I love it!
  • Kestrel - Really?! Wow! Even the tsp of oil would only add one point to the whole bag so... still impressive. Never heard that
  • Well, we have this big jug of popcorn from Costco that we were rarely using and I figured there had to be a way to microwave it. I Googled home made microwave popcorn and found a page on intructables.com that told how to do it, it's now one of my favorite snacks!
  • Quote: For topping I sprinkle on a little bit of lime juice and some chili powder and a bit of salt, I love it!
    OMG that sounds great. I am so making popcorn tonight.
  • From one of my faviorite sites. http://greenlitebites.com/2008/09/07...popcorn-packs/
  • Quote: From one of my faviorite sites. http://greenlitebites.com/2008/09/07...popcorn-packs/
    Thanks for the link! I watched the video and ended up subscribing to both of her sites. Looks really helpful b/c she is quite the inspiration.
  • I love her sites. I've been going for awhile. Her recipes are so good.
  • I love popcorn too. I can sit and eat a huge bowl full all by myself. Well, I'm not supposed to anymoe because I have diverticulitus, but hey, once in a while doesnt effect me.