Do you tell people your weight?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • nope nobody knows ......and if I owned a talking scale or a scale that recalled my last weight Id smash it
  • I haven't told anyone one in years but lately I told my sister and she couldn't believe how much I weighed... then an ex I'm good friends with guessed pretty close so I told him he was close he said 180. He's lucky he guessed under LOL..

It's funny b/c I'm not shy about telling people my age b/c I guess most people say I look younger than I am but my weight that's a whole other issue. BUT when I was under 120 I'm sure I didn't mind telling people my weight.

I do wonder if someone I know is going to find this on-line which I'm not that concerned about b/c it's not like it's a big secret that I'm fat

My driver's license says I'm 140 I think...
  • I do not do not do not tell.

And now that I have lost quite a bit... and people say.. wow, how much did you lose?? I just smile and say... I lost a percentage of myself

sometimes someone (totally inappropriate) will push and I will say about 30 lbs but generally " a percentage of myself" suffices.
  • I an very open about my weight, weight loss, and lifelong weight issues. For me, aside from being a naturally very frank person, it's an issue of "social protest." It just really irks me, that our society places so much value on age and weight for women, that it is more socially acceptable to lie about those numbers than to tell the truth. Being ashamed of a number, just flabbergasts me, especially when I see thin women do it over weight, and young women do it over age.

I tease that if I'm ever tempted to lie about my age, I'd lie up, so that people wouldn't assume I was lying or just looked horrible for my age, but the fact is I'm ashamed of neither my weight or my age, so I wouldn't lie about either.

Some people would say I should be ashamed of my weight, but I'm not. There were a lot of choices that led to my becoming as overweight as I am, and not all of them were bad choices or even mistakes. One of the main ones is taking care of others before taking care of myself - and while I've learned to see that as a mistake, I don't see it as a reason to be ashamed. Just a choice I might have made differently, if I had it to do over.
  • Hello,
    For the most part I would never offer my weight to anybody. However, since I have started my latest weight loss journey I have come to the conclusion that I'm just putting it out there. For me I have to accept what I now weigh & use that as a tool to keep me motivated & get that scale moving.
  • Like most of the ladies here, the only people that know my weight are the WW ladies, my Activity and WW buddy and my sister. I didn't want to tell my sister but she set up my online thingy for WW so I had to tell her. My boyfriend wants to know very badly because he always shares his weight with me (he lost 100lbs in the last 10 mo). Well yay for him but unfortunately I am not that liberated. Once I lose the weight I wiil tell my weight if asked I guess but I will NEVER admit what I was because if I EVER gain again I don't want people trying to guess my weight. Not that I plan on gaining BUT IF I did.
  • My driver's license doens't even know my real weight! Maybe they should check my ticker here!!!
  • Quote: My driver's license doens't even know my real weight! Maybe they should check my ticker here!!!
    Hehehe, Big Brother is watching ...
  • I don't care so much about saying my weight now that it's down, although I haven't had occasion to yet. Before, I didn't really want to tell anyone my weight (and I don't think I did), but I was happy to say how much weight I had lost. I wasn't real excited about saying my pant size either, but I did on occasion. Now that I'm in a 12, again, I don't care so much. Last night I squeezed into some of my sister's 10's (OK, they had stretch). They don't quite fit yet, but I'll think they'll be good in a few weeks, so they'll help me save a little money while I'm still losing this winter. OK, got sidetracked there .
  • I just wanted to give you all an update. A couple of weeks ago I told my husband my weight for the first time in 17 years! Not only did I tell him my weight now but I told him my weight at the beginning. He just nodded knowingly and said that was around what he figured. Later he reminded me how much he loves me and said, "You know I would love you even if you weighed 300 lbs". I am very lucky. I told my ww buddy what he said and she seemed concerned that he may rather I be heavy...I explained that he did not say this with a donut in his hand. He is very supportive and I have made him and myself a promise....He has been with a fat chick for the first 17 years, so for the next 17 he can be married to a fit chick!
    Congratulations to everyone on you journeys!
    -Phil
  • I've never been asked, Thank goodness!
  • i don't mind cause i hide it well so most people are like no way...lol i'm like yeah