Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Default ate too much this weekend;ashamed to weigh in

But I'm going to!!!! I know it'll be a crappy weigh in, but I have to admit to myself that I did this to myself. I know that if IO skip tomorrow, I'll keep skipping meetings. I'm just gonna have to put on my big girl panties and go to weigh in.
Any one else force themselves to weigh in in order to shame themselves into getting back on plan, lol?
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #2  

I always weigh in -- the good, the bad, the ugly

Just think -- if you don't weigh in this week, how will you know for sure how much you've lost next week That's how I usually get myself to go. I also make sure I accept responsibility at the scale -- it's like therapy to me --- I let them know before I even get on that I didn't follow plan very well. I also guestimate how much I might have gained and say "if it's less than ____ pounds, I'll be okay with it". I can't stand the people who gain 5 pounds and say "I don't know how, I stuck to plan exactly!!".

Last edited by shelby897; 08-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I fight the same battle if I know I've been off plan. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised with a maintain or a 0.2 gain - and knowing that is far better than assuming I gained three pounds. The other thing that pushes me to go to my meeting to weigh in is that the "main event" of the time for me has shifted away from the WI - the WI is something I do while I'm there but I am really going for the meeting. This perspective doesn't work for everyone but it helps me when I've had a crummy week
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I just grimace and move on. There have been a time or two when I have been pleasantly surprised, but I am human and not perfect. If I were I wouldn't be where I was or am. LOL Especially those times where I jump off the wagon.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I lost .4 of a pound!!!! WTF?!?! I know I got off lucky this week.....I'm going to work hard this week to make up for it.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #6  

Awesome!! See, if you hadn't weighed in you might have gone on a downward spiral or assumed you had gained 5 pounds

Good luck working toward next week.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Awesome chickybird Our bodies are mysterious things. Never underestimate them!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #8  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Lucky you. I wasn't so lucky this week
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

Excellent chickybird! What a relief for you. I have been there too.
Now downward-ho

Crazy4weightloss, no worries, we have all been there and will be there again. Think of it as "fast fat" - fast-on-fast-off!
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Say ^^^ 5 times fast!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #11  

I didn't take my own advice

I couldn't make my usual weigh in Monday (so usually I would have gone today) but I completely blew it off. And you know what, I'm doing worse than if I had just weighed in and had been up

But, tomorrow morning I'm back on track -- I'm back to no junk food at all!! I swear, I was doing well until I took the kids to McDonald's today and I ate one cheeseburger and a parfait -- totally within my points. But just that crap in my body set me over the edge -- I was horrible the rest of the day.

New Day = new start
Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #12  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
I didn't take my own advice

I couldn't make my usual weigh in Monday (so usually I would have gone today) but I completely blew it off. And you know what, I'm doing worse than if I had just weighed in and had been up

But, tomorrow morning I'm back on track -- I'm back to no junk food at all!! I swear, I was doing well until I took the kids to McDonald's today and I ate one cheeseburger and a parfait -- totally within my points. But just that crap in my body set me over the edge -- I was horrible the rest of the day.

New Day = new start
See I can't do hamburgers from Mcdonalds either. Send me into my old eating habits. Kind of weird. New day = New start is correct
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote